Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:02 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,414,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
No one is required to have a car or use a plane to move between states. Driving and flying are privileges, not rights.
Personally, I think no matter how many times the government tells you that driving is a privilege, I will continue to think it's a right.

I'm not the only person who thinks this way; some legal experts do also.

If you can't even make a living and survive without the ability to drive (and most of us can't), then it is a right. We have the right to move around whether it involves feet or wheels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It is taking away your right to privacy. Unless you get a special insulated case the RFID chip emits all your private info (whatever is stored on the card and whatever the goverment feeds into that storage space) for any RFID reader to snatch and use.

Do your homework on Radio Frequency Identification Devices (RFID).
Honestly, anyone who is okay with an RFID chip are people whose brains have fallen out.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:06 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,541,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Personally, I think no matter how many times the government tells you that driving is a privilege, I will continue to think it's a right.

If you can't even make a living and survive without the ability to drive (and most of us can't), then it is a right. We have the right to move around whether it involves feet or wheels.
I suppose that would be true if you personally owned the roads, but you don't. The government does; therefore, it can regulate who drives on them.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I suppose that would be true if you personally owned the roads, but you don't. The government does; therefore, it can regulate who drives on them.
WHO owns the government?

The PEOPLE!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
WHO owns the government?

The PEOPLE!
Wrong..due to years of apathy the banksters/corporations took it over.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,541,530 times
Quote:
WHO owns the government?

The PEOPLE!
True. Apparently a majority of the people disagree with you, so enjoy your newly-compliant driver's license.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Reports of microwaving the documents with chips will cause the chip to explode and make your document invalid.

So just take a sledgehammer to it on the front porch and crush it

http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2120#13
Is it possible to destroy an RFID tag in a microwave oven?

Yes. This is an effective approach, but a dangerous one. RFID tags can purportedly catch fire in microwave ovens.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:45 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Glitch yeah I don't want the expence of a pass port to return from canada... Before the law was changed i went to Canada a lot, as a battle re-enactor, which assisted in getting a lot of money into Canada and in particular to Parks Canada.

All re-enactors spent money there, and people from around the globe came to see the events. They all spent money there too.

NH has no National ID, so I don't see how there can be any real National ID. I won't get one unless it covers my guns in all states no matter how many Obama says there is

My NH drivers lic covers driving/riding in all states, my ccw only does about 18 last time i checked.

If the ID can be read with my wallet in my pants pocket i won't get it then at all.

So far as i know, the ladies still love outlaws
You are absolutely right, there is no such thing as a National ID. REAL ID merely ensures that every State issues a driver's license that is extremely difficult to forge, and is compatible with every other State. This is a power specifically granted to Congress under Article IV, Section 1, Clause 1 of the US Constitution.

If you are concerned people scanning your RFID chips without your knowledge, there are several ways to block RFID signals, or destroy the RFID chip completely. You could -
  • Line your wallet with aluminum foil. It will not block the signal completely, but it will require someone to be much closer to get a signal.
  • Microwave the RFID chip for 5 seconds. Do NOT try this with RFID chips in credit cards, or it may demagnetize the credit card and make them completely unreadable.
  • Cut the antenna very close to the RFID chip. This will prevent the RFID chip from receiving or sending any signal.
  • Smash the RFID chip with a hammer a couple of times. This works the best because it will destroy the RFID chip, it will not demagnetize credit cards, and it will not leave any signs of tampering or damage. NOTE: It is a federal offense to tamper with US Passports.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are absolutely right, there is no such thing as a National ID. REAL ID merely ensures that every State issues a driver's license that is extremely difficult to forge, and is compatible with every other State.
They are to be compatible with every other state for a reason. All states have access to all the other states' databases.

Sounds national to me.

That is one reason the State of Georgia has banned them.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:09 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,424,675 times
Quote:

If you've chosen to live in a place where you can't survive without having the ability to drive, then that is your choice and you have to take responsibility for it. There are plenty of places where one can live without having a car just fine.

Let me ask you... do you think healthcare is a right? If not, isn't it true that people can't survive without healthcare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies