Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and what's wrong with having a national ID???
We already have one, it's called a Passport. I have one. Majority of Americans don't. Do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 09:19 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You can't be serious. A statement such as this illustrates quite clearly that you know nothing of conservative ideals.
Actually I am serious. And I'm not talking about conservatives on here, I'm talking about the "conservatives" in the real world. You know, the ones that think real conservatives are people like Bush 41, 43, Palin, etc. the ones that think torturing is good, giving up your civil rights is ok, and waging endless wars to flex our biceps is the right thing to do and having the TSA at a street corner near you to stick their hands down your pants, up your anal cavity, and microwaving you everytime you leave the house is good. I'm talking about those people. And sad to say but it is true, there are more comatose conservatives than there are liberals. The liberals are comatose right now because Obama and his goon squad for doing this so they think it's ok because, hell, they're Democrats they can't do wrong right? I think you misinterpreted my post and I apologize. You and I both know there's 2 types of conservatives. The real ones that love liberty, and the fake ones that love war and police state

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
All of you who think the National I.D. is so wonderful. Are you also in favor of being tracked by the Federal Government 24/7? This is what OBAMA wants! Read it and WEEP!

AllGov - News - Obama Administration Fights to Allow Warrantless GPS Tracking

It was bad enough that Bush had the phone companies tap our phone and record phone calls. This is 10 times worse!!!
Welcome to the police state. Please standby while we microwave you for any potential bomb threats

Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Default Senators who probably support Dictatorship S 649

See if your Senator is on the list: NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » Senate Seeks to Create Caesar

from "Senate Seeks to Create Ceasar" by Teresa Monroe Hamilton (link to the whole article above)

........ our President and his minions have been fast at work laying the groundwork for S. 679: Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act of 2011 to speed through the Senate and then make its way into the House and then to the President to sign. Yes, the other hand is quickly forming into a dictatorial fist that is about to smash our Constitution........

......Obama will dictate who are his powerful lieutenants and who will control America. The Senate will merely be a sham to parrot Obama’s dictates. With this bill, checks and balances will be effectively nullified. What does that portend you say? One day, your right to own a gun will be gone, just regulated away. Businesses will be nationalized even more than they are now. Heavy regulation will ensue concerning communications and the Internet. Many, many private businesses will whither and die. You will be told what and how much to eat – food and gas rationing will become the norm. Poverty and squalor will become equal for all as wealth is redistributed to other nations. If there are elections, they will be a joke and pointless.....

Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times
Quote:
...it was stopped. Yep. Today (the 11th) we all get to begin being treated even MORE like criminals in our own country with the REAL I.D. Act going into effect. Whoopee. Thank-you President Obama! Nothing like having to show your I.D. before you can go into a public building which WE the TAXPAYERS pay for BTW. What a country (not)!

DHS | REAL ID Final Rule (http://www.dhs.gov/files/laws/gc_1172765386179.shtm - broken link)

Real Nightmare

Another COMPLETE.....FAIL!!! Emily...you should really check the facts before just re-spouting the talking points. The REAL ID Act was passed in 2005, in the 109th Congress. Who was majority in the 109th, you ask? Why REPUBLICAN's...that's right...in both the House and Senate, as well as President Bush.

Indeed, what a country...but this is what happens when knee-jerk, bury your head in the sand extremists allowed others to destroy the freedoms and principles of our great country.

Way to go Republican's....way to be anti-American.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That provision of the Arizona law was struck down by the courts. No American is required to carry anything to prove their identity or citizenship. The burden of proof resides with government, not the individual.

See also Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, 542 U.S. 177 (2004).
Actually we are required to carry or be able to produce I should say, a government issued form of identification of name and residence.

Citizenship is not required.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
That is how bad it has gotten. Imagine it getting even worse. I remember when you could cash checks at your bank and pick up your kids at school without having to show I.D.
That was when identity theft, fraud, illegal immigration and child abduction weren’t everyday common occurrences.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Obama is responsible because it happened/ is happening under his watch. Nobody that supports LIBERTY would support this. Both Republicans and Democrats are guilty of doing a disgraceful job as far as I'm concerned. 99% of them ought to be REMOVED from their positions.

You know, you're absolutely right. Wouldn't it be nice, considering that after all they work for us (supposedly) to be able to walk up to their door, and say YOU'RE FIRED!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Just wait its going to get a whole lot worse! Hard checkpoints, drones and helicopters peeping at everything and likely there WILL be
"criminals", Patriots, anti-NWO folks and others taken out. FEMA camps and martial law. Sooner than later.........
No Kidding. People that don't think it is likely to happen -- especially if they keep supporting conventional Republicans and Democrats that the media supports---( who are the ones unbeknownst to the naive trusting Democrat and Republican posters here that are DOING THIS TO ALL OF US)---are living in a DREAM WORLD (which is most of this forum, sad to say).

I hope they wake up before it is too late.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That was when identity theft, fraud, illegal immigration and child abduction weren’t everyday common occurrences.
yeah all that stuff is going to go away now. I predict a big drop off in dishonest behaviour in general.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
No Kidding. People that don't think it is likely to happen -- especially if they keep supporting conventional Republicans and Democrats that the media supports---( who are the ones unbeknownst to the naive trusting Democrat and Republican posters here that are DOING THIS TO ALL OF US)---are living in a DREAM WORLD (which is most of this forum, sad to say).

I hope they wake up before it is too late.
Problem is, emily, most people that live here think "But but....this is 'merica! Tyranny can never happen in 'merica! USA! USA! USA!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies