Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
maybe you need to pay a little more attention: what about statements like Krauthammer needs a facelift cause someone doesn't like the way he looks. Is that narrow minded thinking? Or all Republicans are evil people and are rednecks, from poor states? Or all Republicans depend on only FOX for their news and everyone on FOX is a rightwing nut case.

How about comments by libs that anyone who voted for McCain must have been a racist and anyone who doesn't approve of Obama is proving they are racists?

Think about statements like that for a minute..

Nita
I agree, image should not be as important as it is. Who cares if Krauthammer's face hangs down to his knees? [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-22-2011 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: inappropriate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 12:50 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Soros and media matters already won, they got Beck fired.
I dont think he was fired. Either way, Beck said hes got some things going on and starting up soon, and in about a year or so, You, Soros, Media Mutters, and the rest of you leftie loons are going to wish he was just on Fox for an hour a day.

I do so look forward to what he has planned. Anything that is going to make the Left go even more bonkers is simply put, a beautiful thing.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:54 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Beck is a nutcase and it shocks me that anybody takes him seriously.

But fortunately, fewer people do these days - his ratings are down significantly these days, and FNC primetime as a whole is down about 20% lately, and 30% in the 25-54 demo that advertisers pay for. MSNBC and CNN are up in year over year comparisons.
I personally don't watch or care about Beck but why is the left devoting so much effort, money and time to someone who is a "nutcase"? The left hasn't figured out how to beat him yet, I don't see that changing really.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
um.. the viewer ratings that have beck down, are the very same ones that have everyone else down.. its seasonal, little to do with the shows.. But hey, you read it on a liberal blog, so it must be true..
Dude... don't spoil the fun ! ! !

Obama has the leftards hoodwinked and Obamaboozled. Like mushrooms, no need to shed light on their soil.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:51 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
um.. the viewer ratings that have beck down, are the very same ones that have everyone else down.. its seasonal, little to do with the shows.. But hey, you read it on a liberal blog, so it must be true..
It's all there on TVbythenumbers, which isn't even a POLTICAL blog. They just post TV ratings. That's it.

For the week ending May 13/11, in total, compared to the SAME week last year Beck was down 20% in viewers and 28% in adults 24-54, which is what advertisers pay for. In the same hour, MSNBC was up 23% and 15%, respectively. I know that FNC viewers don't like facts, but that doesn't make them untrue.

In comparison, Maddow, who is the only primetime newscaster worth a crap, was up 25% in the key demo, closing the gap with FNC in the hour substantially. On some nights, her and Hannity are within a few tens of thousands of viewers of each other.

FNC's problem isn't its politics, it's that its viewers are old getting older. This wasn't a problem before because they had such a large audience that, even though average viewer age was WAY up there, they had double the 25-54 viewers of everybody else anyway. Not so anymore. The only gold-platted person on FNC is O'Reilley.

Lesson: advertisers don't pay for old viewers.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:55 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I dont think he was fired. Either way, Beck said hes got some things going on and starting up soon, and in about a year or so, You, Soros, Media Mutters, and the rest of you leftie loons are going to wish he was just on Fox for an hour a day.

I do so look forward to what he has planned. Anything that is going to make the Left go even more bonkers is simply put, a beautiful thing.
It's my understanding he wasn't either. As a matter of fact, in one of the spots he did on O'reilly, he stated he would be doing projects with FNC.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

It is too bad FOX dumped him. He is an asset to the Dems while on the air, more people see and hear him. On the Radio, limited exposure.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:00 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Soros and media matters already won, they got Beck fired.

I suspect Soros worries a lot more about Beck than Beck worries about Soros.

Soros is just frustrated that a billionaire cannot have more influence over American politics than entertainers.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I suspect Soros worries a lot more about Beck than Beck worries about Soros.

Soros is just frustrated that a billionaire cannot have more influence over American politics than entertainers.
Riiggghht, that is funny. Now, I did hear that the doomsday predictor is writing his book, going to sell it on FOX and Beck's radio show.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Drop Fox - Orbitz - Smear Campaign | Mediaite

Yep, that's their mission statement - to go after Fox.

But...how's that been working the last few years, as Fox's rating soar in the #1 spot?

Orbitz Backs Fox News Channel Amid Media Matters' 'Smear Campaign' - The Hollywood Reporter

Imagine that - leftists all about silencing free speech and diversity of opinions.

When WILL the leftists get it that they represent a FRINGE minority of the population?
Gotta love the Left. A Soros funded group holds itself as the impartial arbiter of all that is fair in the media. You can't make this stuff up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies