Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:09 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It'll be overturned on appeal. I don't see how the pharmacist can be guilty of first-degree murder if somebody is brandishing a weapon in his face and then he shoots in self-defense. It was obviously not premeditated. Shooting the perp five times after he was down may have been overkill but it still was not premeditated murder.

Murder (United States law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First Degree Murder: An intentional killing by means of poison, or by lying in wait, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate and premeditated action.
Second Degree Murder: Homicide committed by an individual engaged as a principal or an accomplice in the perpetration of a felony.
Third Degree Murder: Any other murder (e.g. when the intent was not to kill, but to harm the victim).
According to the law, it was Murder 1. Premeditated doesn't have to take weeks of planning. When he went back into the store, walked past the perp, got a second gun and walked back over to the incapacitated boy and fired 5 more shots into him....he committed Murder 1. None of the other degrees of murder rise to this occasion. From the video, it's obvious that Erslan's intent was to kill.

What strikes me as a bit chilling is that it looks as if it was done calmly and coolly....not a hysterical running about in sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Those scenarios don't include having a gun pointed at him by two thugs wearing masks.

I agree you don't kill someone because you are pissed off. He had just had a gun pointed at him. Are you sure he was no longer in danger? Yes, he had shot the older of the two "alleged" robbers in the head but it did not neutralize the threat.
WTF, how exactly does an unarmed, unconcious person still constitute a threat?

IMO, the pharmacist should get the death penalty. He acted like a psychopath.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Maybe 2nd degree would have been more appropriate, but the fact of the matter is that he shot the punk, left him, then came back, CHANGED GUNS and executed him.

I don't feel sorry for the kid at all, heck I wish he had had better aim so the other guy would've gotten his too, but he crossed the line from self-defense to assault when he grabbed that second gun and shot the guy.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Only in America. We have an educated man minding his own business, making a living the legal way. On the other end of the spectrum we have un educated thugs trying to take short cuts, threatening peoples lives, and behaving like animals.

And people have a bleeding heart for the thug? We already got rid of one wasted life, but why throw an educated man away for life as well. He shouldn't have shot him 5 more times, but he did, I'd just conveniently overlook that. In the end he did a lot more people a favor taking him off the street, and not just saving those employees that day.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
that and the guy he plugged multiple times didnt even have a gun on him.

the first shot is fine. going reservoir dogs and pumping someone full of bullets after you already have shot them is murder.

throw the thug(pharmacist) away.

the pharmacist has also had trouble in the past and is not mentally fit enough to be roaming around unchecked.
Agree with this 100%.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:59 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Only in America. We have an educated man minding his own business, making a living the legal way. On the other end of the spectrum we have un educated thugs trying to take short cuts, threatening peoples lives, and behaving like animals.

And people have a bleeding heart for the thug? We already got rid of one wasted life, but why throw an educated man away for life as well. He shouldn't have shot him 5 more times, but he did, I'd just conveniently overlook that. In the end he did a lot more people a favor taking him off the street, and not just saving those employees that day.
I'm sure those kids thought that he should just "conveniently overlook" them knocking him off for a few bucks. Problem is, that's not how it works.

This is a perfect case reference for why people need to read up on their local law before deciding to go Rambo.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
He stepped over the bounds. First bullet hit the kid in the head. He could have tied him up or locked him away from everyone else. So yes the pharmacist went overboard. Yet, I applaud him. One less POS cockroach walking this planet. Good riddance to the ghetto trash.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
He stepped over the bounds. First bullet hit the kid in the head. He could have tied him up or locked him away from everyone else. So yes the pharmacist went overboard. Yet, I applaud him. One less POS cockroach walking this planet. Good riddance to the ghetto trash.
I actually feel a bit sorry for the kid. Looks like his relatives put him up to committing this crime. With such horrible role models, his end is no surprise.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The issue is not whether or not someone deserved to die, but rather whether or not Erslan was murderous in his actions. According to the letter of the law, and IMHO, he was.
I'm surprised not one member of the jury sided with him it must have been clear cut case of murder.

I read somewhere the mom was calling her son a hero. I swear some folks are so far gone from reality. Now folks who rob pharmacies are heros.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I wonder did the 1st bullet kill him? It would seem to me that was justified and if he was dead already as a result the subsequent bullets were more like damage to a corpse not murder.

My thinking is the guy was just going off adrenaline at that point. He had chased the other kid came back and saw the other kid on the ground. He probably was like, take that MF and pumped a couple more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies