Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Pharmacist gets life for killing would-be robber - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

"An Oklahoma pharmacist has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole for first-degree murder in the shooting death of a teenager who tried to rob the south Oklahoma City pharmacy where he worked."

I'd have given him a medal for removing a public menace. Technically, maybe he should not have done it. In truth, he did the community a huge favor by eliminating this piece of sh*t from society.

It doesn't call out if the robber was armed. I suspect he was but the lib media wouldn't say.
The sentence was too harsh.

OK, let's hear from the libs who will say "But it was *just* a child!"

How typical of the NeoConfused, you don't know the facts so just take a cheap shot anyway

Would you also have us believe the jury in OKLAHOMA was a liberal one? The sentence was after all that recommended by the jury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
How about when the cops unload a few magazines of bullets into a guy?

50 Shots Fired, and the Experts Offer a Theory - New York Times

They get a free pass, the 'fog of war' clouding their judgment as it were (I don't necessarily disagree). But the common man can't even defend himself.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
With a name like "Antwun," the victim was destined for greatness.

Black people...do well by your kids and give them names that society respects. Seriously.

As to the OP, let the Doc go. Society is a better place without "Antwun."
Do black people a favor and don't tell us what type of names to give our children. And be a real American and respect whatever types of names you come across, instead of discriminating against people because of your perception of what their names look or sound like.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:31 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Pharmacist gets life for killing would-be robber - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

"An Oklahoma pharmacist has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole for first-degree murder in the shooting death of a teenager who tried to rob the south Oklahoma City pharmacy where he worked."

I'd have given him a medal for removing a public menace. Technically, maybe he should not have done it. In truth, he did the community a huge favor by eliminating this piece of sh*t from society.

It doesn't call out if the robber was armed. I suspect he was but the lib media wouldn't say.

The sentence was too harsh.

OK, let's hear from the libs who will say "But it was *just* a child!"
Yeah those libs in Oklahoma convicted him. Apparently those libs in Oklahoma felt that after this unarmed teenager was shot the Pharmacist shouldn't have gone and gotten another gun and pumped five more rounds into him while he was lying on the floor unconcious. That'll teach him to commit a crime in Libland Oklahoma

Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You have tons of case law of what "Universal Law". LMFAO. In what State or Country do they practice "Universal Law"?

What do you mean by you people? What country are you from?
Perhaps Sharia Law?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Just one more example of liberal group-thinking intruding into the American Judical System.

The punk's lives were forfeit when they first walked into that establishment with the intention of commiting the crime. The exact details of how they were finally terminated are irrelevant after that.
It's not your job or place to say that. Unless your name is God, and I seriously doubt it is, you can't determine who lives or who dies.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Just one more example of liberal group-thinking intruding into the American Judical System.

The punk's lives were forfeit when they first walked into that establishment with the intention of commiting the crime. The exact details of how they were finally terminated are irrelevant after that.
Lotsa liberals on the loose in OKLAHOMA, DAMN that jury, eh?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:43 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,609,315 times
No liberal bias about emptying another clip into someone (who is already down) being the real issue here.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,065 times
this is old, and theres another thread about this buried somewhere.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Please remember I am one of the very leftist liberals around here and I think this sentence was totally unjustified. It was not a cold blooded premeditated murder. It was a killing done in a rage. Rage can eliminate anything but the overwhelming need to kill the thing or person that triggered the rage.

I really wonder if the pharmacist was sane when he went to get another gun. I think, if he has a decent attorney, this might be grounds for an appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies