Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I am not sure if you were using hyperbole or displaying ignorance or a mixture of both. Please list links to any proposed laws that attempt to outlaw Christianity.
Very silly reply. I don't care whether you call it hyperbole and/or "ignorance". You are correct that there are no outright truly serious bills that I know of to outright "ban" Christian symbols and prayer...but only because even those who would support them know they would not pass in a legislative arena. That doesn't prevent, however, the anti-Christian sect, from using activist judges to acomplish the same result. So that dog won't hunt.

Quote:
Also, links to stories where people have been convicted of crimes for being practicing Christians would be nice. It will be weird to not have any candidates to vote for in the next Presidential election since they will have almost certainly rounded up all of the outlaw Christians by then. Maybe it hasn't made it to my part of the country yet, but I haven't seen a single Christian arrested or bible seized by your mythical religious prohibitionists.
See above. Your attempts at sarcasm are just that...attempts. Believe me (or don't, far as that goes...I don't give a damn), there are many out there who would outlaw Christianity and Christian symbols and all expressions of Christian faith and belief, if they could.

On a related tangent, there just seems to be something in the "progressive" mindset, that feels terribly threatened by Christianity and prayer. The obstensible reason given is always some sort of bullshlit about violating "seperation of church and state" or whatever the hell...but it is becoming increasingly obvious it goes much deeper. Sure, this is just my opinion...but experience has convincedme that those who most ridicule Christians are really extremely insecure individuals; they cover it with making fun...but deep down they are truly scared they are wrong. They actually envy Christians for a courage they know they themselves do not possess.

BTW -- I hasten to add I am not including all atheists/agnostics under the above generalization. On the contrary (as has been shown on this thread and many others), at least as many as not do not make a point of such childish behavior. Hell, one of my very best friends is a flaming liberal, yankee, atheist. We don't agree on much I can think of, but I respect his honesty and that he doesn't make a point to parade his own non-belief thru the cheap tactic of making fun of those who do believe...

Anyway...

Quote:
Many brave and courageous Christians also lit the bonfires, turned the thumbscrews and filled up the ovens while proudly proclaiming their belief and faith in Jesus. I am sure that their heathen victims felt better knowing that their torture and murder was necessary to appease god. It seems like killing used to be more popular than dying as a way for Christians to prove the depth of their faith.
Perhaps you are speaking of the Spanish Inquisition? Or Salem Witch Trials? Yeah, they are not much to be proud of, I agree. But they pale into the point of virtual non-existence when it comes to the numbers of victims which filled/fill the gulags and graveyards controlled by those regimes which banned Christianity and the Bible. Wanna tell me I am wrong?

Last edited by TexasReb; 06-02-2011 at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:05 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
I can't answer you without getting a 3 day ban. Have fun being so uneducated!
Hell, we can take it to DM if you want. You or me either one will not have to worry about a suspension (at least I don't think we will...). So bring it on if you want to make this a private matter of debate/discussion.

Have fun being "uneducated"? Wellll, forgive me if I am not really all that overly impressed when a child of the 80's attempts to ridicule my education level. Uhhhh,.I was long out of high school and college before you were ever born, as it is.

But regardless, I might also add that your parading of your "Satanist" attitudes are not the least bit impressing nor intimidating. What do you think...that all that is supposed to scare someone or make a point of any consequence? As an afterthought...hey...Hey, I'll match my God with yours any day of the week. And twice on Sundays!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Hey, I'll match my God with yours any day of the week. And twice on Sundays!
Does your god know HE IS A BET???

Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdee View Post
From wfaa.com

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A federal judge in South Texas has banned public prayer at a high school graduation ceremony after the agnostic parents of a senior went to court.
The ruling from Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery in San Antonio came as Medina Valley High School in Castroville prepares for Saturday's graduation.
Biery's order, released Tuesday, was in response to a lawsuit filed by Christa and Danny Schultz on behalf of their son, Corwin, to block use of prayer. The judge says speakers cannot call on audience members to bow their heads, join in prayer or say "amen."
Assistant Superintendent Chris Martinez says school officials will follow the order against public prayer, but they do not believe the district has done anything wrong.
Just this evening I read a little thing about a high school in Dearborn, Mich. in which 52 of the boys on the football team were Muslim. They prayed as a group before every game. I wonder how that infidel felt when this went on.

I tell this one because it is non-Christians that people are trying to protect from those awful Christians and their prayers. I have always wondered just how many football players listened to those prayers when the courts allowed them. Probably only the kids with agnostic or atheistic parents ever heard what was said and that because of what their parents wanted them to know.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
To the people who want prayer: What about a Muslim prayer? Should Christians be forced to participate in a government sanctioned (unconstitutional) Muslim prayer?
If there are no Muslim students that requirement would have a terribly liberal sound to me.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I think you are missing the point, because there is no secular, logical or constitutionally permissible reason to "pray for safety."

It's a violation of the Establishment clause.
It's not a violation if the team (or people in the stands) wants to pray. If they don't want to pray, they don't have to.

You're still missing my point.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
good ruling, if I was there to graduate and had some praying to someone else's god forced upon me I'd be p*ssed off. christian, muslim, jew, hindu etc.. don't care.. shut up and give me my certificate!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's not a violation if the team (or people in the stands) wants to pray. If they don't want to pray, they don't have to.

You're still missing my point.
Unfortunately we don't take a poll when we gather at events so better to just keep that stuff personal.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Actually it is.
Then I guess we agree to disagree.

Got anything to back that up, or are you just being argumentative?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Unfortunately we don't take a poll when we gather at events so better to just keep that stuff personal.
If the football team decides they want to pray, that doesn't affect you or me or anyone else at the stadium. No poll necessary, except the one being taken of the players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies