Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Wiki locked the page to prevent Sarah's minions from editing anymore!
Please! The correct nomenclature is "Palindrones".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,746 times
In the end who the f'k really cares about Paul Revere history? I mean seriously people........I agree it's important to be well versed in US history.....but how about knowing how the Federal Reserve works and how since 1913 it's been bankrupting the country through private banking cartels that print money out of thin air. That information might just be a little more important than Paul Revere's ride into the night.

Or better yet how about Bush's ties to the Saudi Royals and 9/11. The fact that Bush's brother was in charge of the clean up crew at both the OKC bombing site and 9/11 where evidence was either hurriedly cleaned up or otherwise shipped out of the country. Or how about Obama's ties to the CIA and he fact that his grandmother or mother worked for Tim Geitner's daddy??????? That is the crap we should be talking about.......not something that happened over 200 years ago that will remain fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of American history.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
In the end who the f'k really cares about Paul Revere history? I mean seriously people........I agree it's important to be well versed in US history.....but how about knowing how the Federal Reserve works and how since 1913 it's been bankrupting the country through private banking cartels that print money out of thin air. That information might just be a little more important than Paul Revere's ride into the night.

Or better yet how about Bush's ties to the Saudi Royals and 9/11. The fact that Bush's brother was in charge of the clean up crew at both the OKC bombing site and 9/11 where evidence was either hurriedly cleaned up or otherwise shipped out of the country. Or how about Obama's ties to the CIA and he fact that his grandmother or mother worked for Tim Geitner's daddy??????? That is the crap we should be talking about.......not something that happened over 200 years ago that will remain fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of American history.
I think that point is, if you can't remember the poem about the midnight ride of paul revere, that we all learned in grade school and 90% of Americans know it was one if by land, and two if by sea, then how could you possibly know how the federal reserves works?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:07 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,602,853 times
The gotcha question was "What did you see and what did you take from it?"

<eyes rolling at 200 MPH>

She's an imbecile. Her apologists are pathetic.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:08 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think that point is, if you can't remember the poem about the midnight ride of paul revere, that we all learned in grade school and 90% of Americans know it was one if by land, and two if by sea, then how could you possibly know how the federal reserves works?

If I remembered all the mindless trivial useless crap I learned in elementary school I'd never be able to make room for the stuff that really matters. Instead of the Odyssey kids in America should reading the Creature of Jekyll Island or the Wealth of Nations...........but that would mean American kids should also be doing advanced algebra in 3rd grade like their international counterparts. Probably too much to ask.

So let's see..............so far in the past week the American public has been side tracked by a dumb politician who sent a few "lewd" pictures to a few women while married. Then we have a "you betcha dingbat" (Love that term) who can't remember the details of something that happened over 200 years ago? REALLY AMERICA? Is that were our attention and priorities lie? Mean while it's coming out how US banks are increasingly laundering drug money from international drug cartels. Haha....what fickle drama!

And my god......"lewd"? Does the American public really define "lewd" as a Tony Weiner with his shirt off or worse a picture of his hard penis? Really? LMAO! Since when did America become so damn purintanical and prudish? Lewd to me would be him slapping peanut butter all over his member and letting his dog lick it off. There is nothing "lewd" about sending naked pictures or even pictures of various sex acts between consenting adults to other adults. Marriage aside. I mean what the hell do all you people look at when you have sex with the opposite sex? The ceiling? I would never consider a nice pair of *****, arse or beaver to be "lewd" under any circumstance.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:11 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,602,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post

You'll get this same reply 100 different ways, and consider every answer:

She doesn't even know basic elementary school history. She's not intellectually curious at all. She's a smiling face over a vapid interior. She cares about one thing, well, two, really: TV cameras and the cash.

What makes you think she's intellectually capable of grasping the issues that a President must face?

She's not. Even. Close.

I wouldn't let her run anything I had a financial interest in, much less, voting to allow her well-manicured finger on the Red Button.

She's good at making snarky remarks, but where does she stand on the important issues? I've met pies with more substance.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Gaffe defined: when a politician accidentally tells the truth (like Romney did this week on global warming)

Where Palin's concerned, it's not just the gaffes, TRUEGRITT. It's her inability to admit when she is wrong (and a hundred other scary clues into her personality) that many of us find frightening, considering her elevated position in the national debate.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No one is editing Revere's own account.

Massachusetts Historical Society: Online Collections

Revere's seems to agree with Palin.
Already responded to, but I'll add; read the whole account, not just the parts your leader tells you to read, you'll see that Sarah is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Wiki locked the page to prevent Sarah's minions from editing anymore!
Well, hallelujah! If they allowed Sarah's henchmen and women to change it, I would lose all respect for Wiki.

I think it is just nuts that we are even talking about this. The historical record speaks for itself. Sarah was wrong. So now she wants to change history. This will not go down as her finest hour. You can carry on all you want about Obama's mistakes and gaffes, but he's never tried to rewrite history b/c of them. He never tried to have his supporters rewrite Wiki to say that there are 57 states, for example.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They interviewed an historian on this matter and he said that saying Revere "warned the British" was like saying Francis Powers flew his U2 plane over the USSR to "warn the Soviets".....LOL
When asked about this Palin replied "Well you know that Gary Powers, um he flew that there jet, to warn those Russians that they wouldn't be taking our freedom, and the rockets red glare and bombs bursting in air, and uh we were gonna be free."

Old 06-07-2011, 06:07 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
See, here's the difference: When Obama said 57 states - that being the right-wing favorite - he didn't double down on stupid and insist that he was in fact right, that he'd obviously meant to include some remote 7-island archipelago somewhere. Nor did his fans start changing Wikipedia to better fit with a 57-state narrative.

Palin, not so much.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 06-07-2011 at 06:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies