Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 12:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

And with July 4th just around the corner, I am ashamed that so many Americans are so willing to corrupt their history.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I don't understand. Why isn't 'warning the British' treason? Would it not have been better for Revere to keep his mouth shut, and let the British walk into a trap? "Hey, we know you are coming! So you better form up and load your weapons!"
That's what Revere and the Sons of Liberty were trying to do. That was the reason for the light system, "One if by land, two if by sea". He was CAPTURED by the Brits, and he warned them something big was up. The Revolutionary War started within hours.

As for Sarah, her words are clear, she said Revere went around "firnin' shots and ringin' bells" to warn the British that the Americans (sic) wouldn't let the Brits take away their guns. SHE WAS WRONG, but instead of admitting that she keeps insisting she was right, and her dopey acolytes want to change history to support her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 12:55 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
No, and I'm not raking Palin through the coals, either. I'm defending history. I know this is a big concept for you, but I often defend the historic record on these threads. Both from conservative revisionism and from liberal revisionism. It's a matter of integrity.
Sure you are, MANY people left AND right are defending her...because YOU say she is wrong....everyone else is also wrong?

Ah...so I guess I Can teach my kid there are 57 states...but that has nothing to do with history?

Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Did Obama insist that the US has 57 states the day after he misspoke?
Who cares....more people are saying she is correct, LEFT AND RIGHT...than people that are not.....

Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Right!
It strikes me as terribly amusing that Palin's fans keep posting the professor's quote, rather than Palin's comments. Let's post her comments.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."

He who warned, uh, the colonists that the British army was mobilizing, not by ringing those bells and sending warning shots and bells, provided an invaluable service to America. His daring ride through the night, swift and quiet, helped the revolutionaries prepare for the advancing British army and ensured that several revolutionary leaders didn't fall into the hands of our enemies. The only mar on his courageous ride was that he was at the end of it captured by the British. But he was steadfast and patriotic to the end, telling the British that he had, indeed, robbed them of the element of surprise.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed.

That's what Revere and the Sons of Liberty were trying to do. That was the reason for the light system, "One if by land, two if by sea". He was CAPTURED by the Brits, and he warned them something big was up. The Revolutionary War started within hours.

As for Sarah, her words are clear, she said Revere went around "firnin' shots and ringin' bells" to warn the British that the Americans (sic) wouldn't let the Brits take away their guns. SHE WAS WRONG, but instead of admitting that she keeps insisting she was right, and her dopey acolytes want to change history to support her.

She explained it like a typical 5 year old.

She connects with many "adults".

I've never been able to connect with as many adults as she.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know, I heard the biggest lefty of all today, Rush, say Palin was correct. That settles it.

Yea baby....it's about time you come around....

Old 06-08-2011, 12:58 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure you are, MANY people left AND right are defending her...because YOU say she is wrong....everyone else is also wrong?

Ah...so I guess I Can teach my kid there are 57 states...but that has nothing to do with history?
The majority is not defending her because she is wrong. Why did people try to change the wikipedia entry?

Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
It strikes me as terribly amusing that Palin's fans keep posting the professor's quote, rather than Palin's comments. Let's post her comments.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."

He who warned, uh, the colonists that the British army was mobilizing, not by ringing those bells and sending warning shots and bells, provided an invaluable service to America. His daring ride through the night, swift and quiet, helped the revolutionaries prepare for the advancing British army and ensured that several revolutionary leaders didn't fall into the hands of our enemies. The only mar on his courageous ride was that he was at the end of it captured by the British. But he was steadfast and patriotic to the end, telling the British that he had, indeed, robbed them of the element of surprise.
Ok professor, you win. You get the blue ribbon. I know you're not going to stop because you just HAVE to be right. I hope it strokes your ego.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:00 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who cares....more people are saying she is correct, LEFT AND RIGHT...than people that are not.....
First of all, its one thing to misspeak. But another thing is to keep on saying things that are not true.

And second, can you prove that more people agree with her than the people that don't?

Old 06-08-2011, 01:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
The majority is not defending her because she is wrong. Why did people try to change the wikipedia entry?
What do you even know about it anyway? Do they teach this in German schools?

Why does anyone change wikipedia articles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies