Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Liberals probably believe that George Washington really did chop down a cherry tree and never told lies because their hippy teachers said so.
That is really not a very apt analogy.

You would need to find a liberal candidate for one of the highest offices in the United States that stated on camera that George Washington crossed the Potomac on a jet ski during his successful campaign for our vital 14th Amendment rights. Then you would have a valid point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Now, reality check.

Do you think Sarah Palin knew that really, or was she winging it trying to remember that there was lamp if by land, and two lamps if by sea?
I'm certain that no matter what she says, people with their great wit and towering intellects will read anything, they see fit to, into her words. I'm not a Palin fan, but I certainly see how unfairly she's been, and is being, treated. Constantly, and consistently every word she speaks is just a vehicle to deride her with contempt, just for the shear pleasure of doing so.

People that have never met her, don't know her, rarely listen to her speak, say more negative things about her than their worst personal enemy...

Is she your enemy? Why does she scare the hell out of Liberals so badly that they are at war with her every word? That might be enough of a reason to take her seriously if she does run.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
It is amazing to me that Palin's supporters are one or more of the following:

1. As stupid as her

2. As ethically challenged as her, so that when she makes a mistake they will defend her to the death and try to change historical accounts

3. So mesmerized by her that even though they know she's wrong, they are willing to change their beliefs to conform with her errors b/c she's a "real American".

Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm certain that no matter what she says, people with their great wit and towering intellects will read anything, they see fit to, into her words. I'm not a Palin fan, but I certainly see how unfairly she's been, and is being, treated. Constantly, and consistently every word she speaks is just a vehicle to deride her with contempt, just for the shear pleasure of doing so.

People that have never met her, don't know her, rarely listen to her speak, say more negative things about her than their worst personal enemy...

Is she your enemy? Why does she scare the hell out of Liberals so badly that they are at war with her every word? That might be enough of a reason to take her seriously if she does run.
So lexington and concord is in New Hampshire?

When exactly did Paul Revere fire warning shots during his midnight ride?

Just curious

Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post

BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history.

I wonder why NPR didn't make a bigger deal about their interview showing Palin was right. Hmmm

Old 06-08-2011, 07:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
A Beck University degree is all about milking the simpleton market for profit and wealth by running your mouth at it. It's really that simple, run your mouth and the money flows in. Fox, Savage, Levin all know about this market, and they're wealthy.
There is no love for America in any of this. It's jingo-for-profit.
I see from the time of your post that you didn't manage to see the kickoff of GBTV this evening. I think you may have heard the man talking about his experiment having a chance of failure and that his family may have to sleep under a bridge if that happens.

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Can we stop this topic already?

Amidst a typical incoherent word salad statement by Gov Palin, she said something that apparently comes close to an obscure historical fact. The only question is whether you believe she actually had read and knew about this when she said it or stumbled upon it through total luck. I think one's preexisting opinion of Palin will determine your answer to that question. There is nothing new in this topic. Nothing new to say. You either think Pslin knew an obscure aspect of Revere's midnight ride or that she had some dumb luck. Please, let's just STOP with this already, there are far too many more important things going on for several new threads a day about this one thing!

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history.

I wonder why NPR didn't make a bigger deal about their interview showing Palin was right. Hmmm
In other words, Sarah can't really be held accountable for getting it wrong. "She's not an historian." Clever mental gymnastics on the part of the prof.

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You are a couple of days late with your post. I think there are already about a dozen identical posts you could have replied to instead.
Yes, but the repubs are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO obsessed with Palin THEY can't quit talking about her!!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Good job, your Chocolate ration has been incresed from 22 to 20 grams
How can anybody be so simple as to have been somewhere around this forum and still trying to prove what Gurbie is trying to prove?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies