Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Anyone that has been payng attention to the movement has known all along that their ultimate goal is to ban all birth control, they have openly stated such in the past. They sometimes try to deny it but those that oppose them do so knowng that this is their real goal.
Casper
Banning abortions and banning birth control are just strategy items. The ultimate goal is to have control over the lives of women.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Default Can you judge others for being pro choice, while supporting the destruction of man made embryos?

There are people who actively pick and choose when to be pro life and when to not, depending on their own personal agenda. Can you really judge others for having abortions, or for supporting the right to abortions, when you yourself pick and choose whether to freeze, destroy or abort implanted embryos (when there are too many to sustain in the womb) that you have created outside of the act of sex?

Is it really that different than destroying an embryo once it has been naturally conceived? I find that view that it is to be totally hypocritical. While I don't agree with pro lifers generally, I at least have respect for those who are pro life all the way and are consistent with their ideals.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:56 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Anyone that has been payng attention to the movement has known all along that their ultimate goal is to ban all birth control, they have openly stated such in the past. They sometimes try to deny it but those that oppose them do so knowng that this is their real goal.
Casper
^^ this is the truth.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Banning abortions and banning birth control are just strategy items. The ultimate goal is to have control over the lives of women.

^^ and this

Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Birth control is good. If the pregnancy is unwanted then the fetus should be eliminated.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Oh, I just let that slide, I thought you were being willfully ignorant, as Methadone clinics are not state run in NJ. My bad you are just flat out ignorant.
Oh man, that got a great laugh. A swing and a miss, by a mile.

Did I ever say at what level they were run at? How cute is it you must place words in my post that doesn't exist in order to have some semblance of something to retort with. They are run and still paid by taxes, and jails are run by tax money.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's a diversion... just as pickpockets work in teams...one distracts the victim while the other fleeces them. As the GOP sit in the laps of the big corporations and Wall Street, we might not notice what is really going on. Their base reacts like Pavlov's dog when they hear the word "abortion".
The pot calling the kettle black. The Dems have had full control of everything for the last six years and most people feel like they've had their pockets picked, bank accounts raided and jobs driven out of country. GM not paying any taxes, Wall Street handing out record bonuses, QE being a complete failure, ALL on Obamas watch is proof of the hypocrisy of your claims.

The left mantra of "when in doubt lie" is getting old. Comparing birth control to abortion isn't just reaching, it's on dilithium crystals at warp 5 out in space reaching. If the right were too clearly pro birth control, you'd say they were supporting genecide. Just another GAEL filling his sails.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Is it hypocritcal to be anti-vivisection and not adopt a pet?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Oh man, that got a great laugh. A swing and a miss, by a mile.

Did I ever say at what level they were run at? How cute is it you must place words in my post that doesn't exist in order to have some semblance of something to retort with. They are run and still paid by taxes, and jails are run by tax money.

LOL, Nope, I don't recall discussing jails or anything other than Methadone clinics, they of course are not state run. I as a tax payer in no way pay for them. You can keep trying, but you can't make it so.

Sorry Charlie looks like you struck out!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Wait, wait, in a couple of years the 45th potus Palin will abolish Planned Parenthood.
I hear she plans on abolishing premarital sex too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies