Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:34 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

The real question is what was in his resume that made 2008 voters think he'd be one? Seriously, the White House should not be the first leadership/managerial job you have. Don't make the same mistake with some Republican candidates in 2012. They all have big ideas but what's in their resume that proves they have leadership/managerial ability? The White House should not be the place for on-the-job training.

Pick a governor, a businessman or the head of some non-profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 01:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The real question is what was in his resume that made 2008 voters think he'd be one? Seriously, the White House should not be the first leadership/managerial job you have. Don't make the same mistake with some Republican candidates in 2012. They all have big ideas but what's in their resume that proves they have leadership/managerial ability? The White House should not be the place for on-the-job training.

Pick a governor, a businessman or the head of some non-profit.
Excellent points Laura. I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So let's take your football analogy. Do you think Obama's
leadership skills are winning anything for America?
I think the "sport mentality" - who looks like a winner, got to be on that winning team;
it is exactly the reason we have ended up with our recent Presidential "leaders".
I use that term "leader" very loosely, when describing them
Using a football analogy Obama is the type of QB who hands the ball of quickly so as not to be tackled. He has the flashy personality that attracks the sponsorships (oligarchy) without really doing anything. Or, when he does choose to take the ball he runs it himself for the glory disregarding the coach(US Constitution) and the entirety of the team(Congress) because he doesn't need their approval (see Libya).

Old 06-17-2011, 01:52 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The more I think about the last two plus years, the more I struggle to find a domestic or international situation in which President Obama has stood out as a "true leader." This is not to say that the President has not made any difficult decisions. As President of the United States, difficult decisions are certainly part of the job. But there's a distinct difference between doing your job, and actually having the leadership qualities that emanate and resonate with the people you are leading.

Throughout humanity, there have been many natural-born leaders, as well as people who have grown to become effective leaders. With the Presidency, the learning curve is mighty steep for sure, but after more than two years in office, is it safe to concur that Barack Obama is niether a natural-born leader nor a person who has grown into the true definition of a leader?

To me, President Obama is a failed experiment. I'd be more than happy to give him credit if there were elements of his Presidency that convinced me that a true leader was at the helm. I personally have not seen anything that would give me that impression.

What say you?
I should known better then to stop by this thread. Failed experiment? Give us some credit. We are not that stupid.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
OK then I suppose General Patton wasn't a leader he was just in a "leadership position"?

Come back when your Obama hatred stops clouding that brain of yours.
Forget that. And these same posters think palin is a leader.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
The Republicans and Tea Party folks (if the Tea Party even exists anymore) can not stand the fact that President Obama will win the election in 2012. And one of the main reasons that he will win is because they offer zero solutions to any of their criticisms of the president.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I should known better then to stop by this thread. Failed experiment? Give us some credit. We are not that stupid.
It's an opinion. We all have them. What's yours?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Forget that. And these same posters think palin is a leader.
Palin is not a leader in my eyes. She should abstain from running for the Presidency.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's an opinion. We all have them. What's yours?
I think he is leader. I also love how you call him an experiment and try to hide what that means. So do tell. What makes him an experiment?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,695,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Republicans and Tea Party folks (if the Tea Party even exists anymore) can not stand the fact that President Obama will win the election in 2012. And one of the main reasons that he will win is because they offer zero solutions to any of their criticisms of the president.
This statement, along with the inference that you voted for Obama, demonstrates a lack of political astuteness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies