Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times

Advertisements

Megatron--you ROCK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 AM

58 posts, read 51,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, i've accomplished what I set out to accomplish with this thread. What i've found is:

1) Most contributors agree that the President does not possess the qualities of a true leader. Even his most ardent supporters have not came out to counter my assertion.

2) Those who support the President, such as yourself, confuse policy with leadership capability. I do not agree with the President's policy. But I am more than willing to give him credit where credit is due. You happen to think that his policies indicate strong leadership. Compared to the many, many true leaders that have inspired people across this world, Barack Obama simply doesn't pass muster. You disagree, and that's ok. That doesn't mean you're right though.
My argument doesn't mean I'm objectively correct. BUt so far, you've made no argument at all. That makes you even less correct.

Quote:
PS..I would hardly call your rebuttal "substantive" in the context of rebutting the meaning of true leadership. It appears that you're not aware of what a true leader actually is. All you've done is say that you agree with his policy. That's it. I"m not surprised.
Oh by all means, regale us with your definition of leadership, wise one.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:13 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
Obama is a classic example of someone who is all form, and no substance. He has no leadership qualities except he 'looks' like a leader on the outside.

Bush is a classic example of someone who leads in the wrong direction.

Of the 2 poor examples, I would prefer Obama.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron11 View Post
This was in response to a post by aero that was apparently deleted.

Perhaps he had 2nd thoughts after that witless diatribe.
No, actually its because the multi-quote function got screwed up after I typed a thorough response. Instead of creating a mess, I just deleted it. Sorry to burst your bubble. You're really not as good as you think you are.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Obama is a classic example of someone who is all form, and no substance. He has no leadership qualities except he 'looks' like a leader on the outside.

Bush is a classic example of someone who leads in the wrong direction.

Of the 2 poor examples, I would prefer Obama.

In some perverse way, I agree with your assessment. I was wondering what you thought of Clinton regarding leadership? These days, I'm having a hard time remembering those years!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Then obviously you support the health care reform law, since it saves more than a trillion on the national debt over the next 10 years.
Sorry, this is just stupid and deserves no response otherwise.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
No, actually its because the multi-quote function got screwed up after I typed a thorough response. Instead of creating a mess, I just deleted it. Sorry to burst your bubble. You're really not as good as you think you are.
I don't think I'm all that great. Just pretty damned awesome compared to you.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Sorry, this is just stupid and deserves no response otherwise.
Cool, let the hundreds of people at the Congressional Budget Office know that they're stupid, then.

Let me guess, if you did have the sack to rebut my statement, you'd bring to the fore something in relation to Obama's increase of the deficit over the past 2 years citing numbers from.....wait for it....

The CBO.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Cool, let the hundreds of people at the Congressional Budget Office know that they're stupid, then.

Let me guess, if you did have the sack to rebut my statement, you'd bring to the fore something in relation to Obama's increase of the deficit over the past 2 years citing numbers from.....wait for it....

The CBO.
Are you even reading what you wrote? I'm guessing not....somehow you've transposed fiscal conservatism onto the healthcare reform bill while citing the CBO to conclude in some convoluted way that I must agree with Obamacare.

Yeah, you're really not as good as you think you are. Otherwise stupidity such as this would have never left your keyboard.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Can We All Agree That Barack Obama Is Not a Leader?"

No, and considering the source of the thread why on earth would we agree?
Forget the source. Tell me why you believe he qualifies as a true leader. Who would you compare him to? We wouldn't be having this debate if he actually was a true leader, right? Or wrong? Shouldn't his approval rating be more positive if he in fact was a leader? Tell me why you think differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies