Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Did Jesus get upset after he was crucified and say, "alright, enough is enough, now I'm going to teach you all a lesson.."?

No. He demonstrated that we should seek peace even unto death, if necessary. Many people today do not want peace that badly. Many Christians are no different than anyone else on the street that you meet. Why is that?

Iran's refusal of help tells me that we must have been on their bad side for a reason. People don't refuse help for nothing. And fighting fire with fire only causes more fire.

Peace,
brian
again, i agree that peaceful diplomatic solutions are the best way to go, however i also live in the real world and know that you cant deal with fanatics that want to bring on the end of the world by trying to get the 12th imam to rise up. to that end the fundamentalist islamofacists are causing havoc around the world in hopes of the 12th imam to rise.

and fighting fire with fire takes away the fuel of the original fire, and usually causes it to die out. good men HAVE to stand up to evil, otherwise evil wins. but as i have said now is not the time to be attacking iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 04:49 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
Considering America is at the point of not being able to pay it's own bills.Three endless wars at last count .Not to mention unemployment still high humbers .America simply cannot afford to attack . The US has enough problems right now ,we don't need to add the already long list .
It's how America has always distracted from it's problems.

WW takes the mind of our own problems and focus' hatred for others.

It's a tradition.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
How would Americans feel if their main opponents were locked in on every border surrounding their country? Iran's government is no angelic democracy but it's a big world and we have to let the people within those countries change things for the better, the United States and Britain can no longer go around the world and impose a vision of democracy that the citizens of Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran don't comprehend or even want.

Iran is surrounded by United States and coalition forces right now, no wonder it feels threatened. And the United States wouldn't be under similar pressure?

They weren't too happy when Russian missiles landed in Cuba. They even used organised crime in the shape of the Chicago Outfit to try and settle the matter. Hardly the actions of a puritanical nation. Compromise and peace talks are the only way forward. Why waste so many more innocent lives?
Iran was a terrible problem long before the US got to iraq in 1991, let alone 2003. Given its sponsorship of terrorism in its neighbors, it is hardly surprising that it now finds itself surrounded. Providing funding, training and support for suicide bombings and rocket fire into civilian neighborhoods like it does for hamas and hezbollah will earn you alot of enemies, and deservedly so.

The difference is that generally speaking, the US funds groups that seek democracy, but not always - while iran supports the worst trash of humanity, and it does so purely for power and hegemony. There is no moral equivalence between the 2, only the far left pyschosis exists in trying to equate them.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM

313 posts, read 284,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
The difference is that generally speaking, the US funds groups that seek democracy, but not always - while iran supports the worst trash of humanity, and it does so purely for power and hegemony. There is no moral equivalence between the 2, only the far left pyschosis exists in trying to equate them.
Not entirely true. Due to the unending lobbying off Jewish-Americans who put Israel first, we send billions to Israel each year. Israel then uses this money to build walls around the Palestinians, steal their land with illegal settlements and cluster bomb them. How is it any different?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Not entirely true. Due to the unending lobbying off Jewish-Americans who put Israel first, we send billions to Israel each year. Israel then uses this money to build walls around the Palestinians, steal their land with illegal settlements and cluster bomb them. How is it any different?
I'll just let the mods do their job and clean up the garbage...

Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Iran Funnels New Weapons - WSJ.com

Iran Funnels New Weapons to Iraq and Afghanistan

"By JAY SOLOMON
To the OP: You will be the first to volunteer and be on the front lines, right?

Old 07-26-2011, 04:05 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
To the OP: You will be the first to volunteer and be on the front lines, right?
Yeah right. I think Israel should fight there own wars for awhile. How about we sit this one out. While they are at it they can secure afghanistan. We are done and broke.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Yeah right. I think Israel should fight there own wars for awhile. How about we sit this one out. While they are at it they can secure afghanistan. We are done and broke.
I'm always against every war.
No fight from me.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
What are they doing, saving the worst shytehole for last? They wouldn't even need to be in some of these other countries if not for iran.

What I am hoping for is that the troop drawdown from afghan/iraq is to use them to attack iran.

But it's like the chicken or the egg, iran keeps things hot in these nations to tie up US troops there, so that they cannot be freed up to attack iran. But until iran is dealt with and regime change in iran is made - these nations will never calm down.

We will see EXACTLY the lebanon model with a terrorist group, or gaza/WB with multiple terrorist groups, copied over in iraq and afghanistan to further iran's hegemony.

Every dollar in money and blood in both iraq and afghan will have been wasted if the US does not destroy the iranian dictatorship. Once the US withdraws, iran will turn these nations into client terror-supporting states, and with a nuclear arsenal at its disposal, be free of any retaliation.

This is so obvious to see and understand!

For the love of God I cannot grasp what Obama - the worst president ever, based upon his lack of action on this issue - is waiting for? Until they test a nuclear bomb?
Like someone else said...you first.

LOL @ this stupid idea that the Iranians are just gonna lie down for an American invasion. Nice. You think we're getting our asses kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan? You aint seen nothin' yet. Put troops on the ground in a nation of 75 million people and watch what happens.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like someone else said...you first.

LOL @ this stupid idea that the Iranians are just gonna lie down for an American invasion. Nice. You think we're getting our asses kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan? You aint seen nothin' yet. Put troops on the ground in a nation of 75 million people and watch what happens.
For the lazy/too stupid to read the earlier pages of this thread:

1) i did serve - did you?
2) so one must be a movie actor/director to be a film critic?
3) unlike the unpatriotic trash in this thread whining against attacking iran, i remember their murdering of my fellow americans in beirut in 1983, and the soldiers they've killed in iraq over the past 8 years. No, the fascist murdererous dictatorship of criminals is not going to get a pass for that
4) israel would have ALREADY hit them - but Bush stopped them from doing so in 2008
5) we are WINNING in iraq and afghanistan genius, how else could the troop numbers be getting drawn down if we weren't?
6) the number of people in iran is irrelevent, the idea is to wipe that regime, the republican guard, basij and its nuclear weapons program off of the map
7) if we don't, saudi arabia a nd egypt will also go nuclear in a few years, and will without question drop several on iran
8) a nuclear-armed iran will embolden that wretched dictatorship to taking even more aggressive terrorist actions, with its proxies attacking all over the world. With a nuclear umbrella behind them, who would be willing to take them on?

For these reasons and others, a nuclear-armed iran is not a tolerable situation, and will lead to a massive, likely nuclear, armed conflict - if not with the US, then with the arabs leading the way against their sworn enemy, the shia of iran.

A penny of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies