Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:28 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,466,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
In a vaccine mercury IS dangerous....YOU take a chemistry class........In an Australian study a group of recruits were immunized for Rubella, and all produced the expected antibodies....when later exposed to the disease, 80% of the recruits contracted rubella.......
Cumm hoc ergo propter hoc...

You've done nothing to explain the correlation between how vaccines allegedly having mercury in them are dangerous. You go from that statement to a bunch of Australian students who get the Rubella vaccination and then talk about the alleged ineffectiveness of that vaccine. You cite no evidence for such claims and despite my best efforts, I could not find a single valid empirically reviewed study to confirm your lies.

Quote:
According to the U.S. National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (est 1986) to qualify for compensation, the adverse effects of vaccination must occur within 4 hours of recieving the vaccine....
OK... So, basically I can't walk into a doctor's office, get a vaccination, then six months later come walking in with a tumor growth on my face and blame it on my flu shot. Gosh, that makes so much sense. Unless, of course, you opt to blame every bad thing in life on vaccinations, and then the whole four hour thing becomes a conspiracy.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that your statement is only a half-truth. There is a Vaccine Injury Table that makes specific compensatory timeframes between receiving a vaccination and suffering from adverse reactions.

For Rubella, it's four hours if you develop anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock. It's 5-15 days if you develop encephalitis and chronic arthritis is 7-42 days.

Quote:
Despite this extremely severe limitation, as of feb 1998, compensatory payments have totalled $871,800,000,00, and continue to climb....alarming when you figure that only one in four claiments are ever awarded compensation......
Evidence? Statistical proof? Anything at all to back up this claim?

Quote:
New vaccines are being produced every year...all in the hope of being added to the mandatory vaccination schedule......
Those conspiracy mongering vaccine companies! They're just doing whatever they can to get a mandatory vaccine in the works that kills us off. It's so good for business when they can do that.

Quote:
the infant mortality of our children is appalling, and the incidence of both infectious and degenerative diseases among adult americans is skyrocketing................childhood vaccine schedules.........1980=20 vaccines.....2003=40 vaccines.....2004=53 vaccines 2005=58vaccines.....2006=63vaccines...2008=68vacci nes.......
You still have not linked mercury to any of this as your poor rebuttal vainly attempted to do. I assume that your correlation between childhood vaccine schedules and the incidence of infectious and degenerative diseases is some sort of vague attempt at evidence.

To that, I again say Cumm hoc ergo propter hoc.

Correlating something does not equate something. If 1% of people who shop at Wal-Mart experience a dead battery after shopping and returning to the parking lot, it does not mean that there is some mystical field surrounding Wal-Mart parking lots that drains batteries. Chances are that because Wal-Mart parking lots can be so big and are usually so brightly lit, there's a good chance that driving through one makes it easy to forget you have your headlights on.

I ask of you as I do all pseudoscientists:

Please provide empirical, documented evidence of your claims.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Not really, not yet.

Where are the scientific studies on the unvaccinated who show signs of autism around the age of two+? Why aren't they being done?

Until the unvaxed are compared with the vaxed and the rate of autism in the un-vaxed community is found to be less than in the vaxed community, there is no blame that can be put anywhere.

This is what has always bothered me: why is no research being done on children who have adverse reactions to vaccines? What is the difference between them and the millions of others who are fully vaxed and have no issues? There has to be something and it needs to be identified.
Actually, there have been studies done comparing the autism rates of immunized and unimmunized kids. There is no statisitically significant difference.

Medscape: Medscape Access

Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,561,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Thousands arrive at school without whooping cough vaccination

Apparently, some religious sects are not held to vaccinate children. Heck, they can keep these kids at home, so they don't contiminate the rest that follow the rules and regulations.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Not even remotely true any of this. Even a relatively healthy child has a 40% risk of hospitalization rate from measles. The pharmacuetical companies make almost nothing on vaccines. Many have stopped making them because of this. They'd make more money on treatment of disease rather than prevention of it.

Again not true. Sometimes vaccines don't work, as anti-vax nuts love to point out. But why would any rational human be in favor of full fledged disease rather than a few shots with far fewer risks?

You stupid anti-vaccine "choice" puts entire members of my community at risk from dangerous and infectious diseases. That's a disgusting thing to do. You're part of the herd whether you like it or not. You're one serious illness diagnosis from being at risk from moronic anti-vaxxers.
I had measles and hardly knew I was sick. I didn't die from it.

And again -- as long as you run out and get all your vaccines, then what are you worried about? If you get the flu shot than aren't you protected? So what if I don't get it and get a little flu.

I have never missed a day of work by the way. I'm about the healthiest person I know and I don't run out like a scared chicken trying to get every vaccine they make.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
How can you castigate the pharmacuetical companies for the small profits they make on vaccines and then pull up Mercola? Have you bothered to look at his site? He's all about selling people products. At least vaccines, unlike the garbage he peddles, actually work. I wonder how much money he makes on garbage like krill oil and tanning beds?
How do you know the vaccines work? I work with people who get the flu vaccines and guess what -- they almost all seem to get sick with something like the flu. Some became very ill within days of their flu shots.

I have never once had a flu shot and I haven't had a flu in many many years. I never get anything more than a cold. I never missed a single day of work, nor a single day of college or high school. I've had flu like symptoms in the past but I got them after school or work and by morning was completely better so I'm not sure it was the flu.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,292,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

And again -- as long as you run out and get all your vaccines, then what are you worried about? If you get the flu shot than aren't you protected? So what if I don't get it and get a little flu.

I have never missed a day of work by the way. I'm about the healthiest person I know and I don't run out like a scared chicken trying to get every vaccine they make.
Perhaps you don't realize how lucky you are. I have two immediate relatives (my mother and sister) who are on immunosuppressants. If someone carries a cold virus to them, they get hit much harder than healthy people. I shudder to think what would happen if whooping cough was carried to my mom, who also has pulmonary fibrosis.

These are the kinds of people vaccines protect, as well as babies too young to be immunized. Also pregnant women and their fetuses; I think a measles or mumps abortion would be a crappy way to lose a wanted baby. Or have it born mentally retarded due to exposure to measles.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Perhaps you don't realize how lucky you are. I have two immediate relatives (my mother and sister) who are on immunosuppressants. If someone carries a cold virus to them, they get hit much harder than healthy people. I shudder to think what would happen if whooping cough was carried to my mom, who also has pulmonary fibrosis.

These are the kinds of people vaccines protect, as well as babies too young to be immunized. Also pregnant women and their fetuses; I think a measles or mumps abortion would be a crappy way to lose a wanted baby. Or have it born mentally retarded due to exposure to measles.
Well I'm not on immunosuppressants and I think those who are should get vaccines.

I just don't see the point in vaccinating MILLIONS of perfectly healthy people for what would be a minor illness for them.

I'm of the belief that nature works best -- we evolved with viruses and bacteria, very few are deadly if you have a good immune system. The government has people frightened of their shadows today.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,254 times
Quote:

I had chicken pox. I was fine from it. That doesn't mean others are fine.

I have a baby. Babies under one cannot get vaccinated against measles because it doesn't work. If my baby were exposed to measles, she would most surely get it as measles is one of the most contagious diseases on the planet. Nine people died for no reason.

As I pointed out there were over 15,000 thousand cases of measles in France alone last year. Why shouldn't I worry? Or worry that the MMR shots my family received didn't work? Why should I have to worry because some people refuse shots because they don't understand basic immunology or simple risk analysis? Why should I and my family be at risk because someone else does not understand why rational public health measures are necessary?

Why are we supposed to worry about the small risks from a shot but not actual full blown diseases? You haven't answered that question.

Last edited by Eleanora1; 01-30-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 09:31 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,254 times
Quote:
How do you know the vaccines work? I work with people who get the flu vaccines and guess what -- they almost all seem to get sick with something like the flu. Some became very ill within days of their flu shots.

I have never once had a flu shot and I haven't had a flu in many many years. I never get anything more than a cold. I never missed a single day of work, nor a single day of college or high school. I've had flu like symptoms in the past but I got them after school or work and by morning was completely better so I'm not sure it was the flu.
I read history. That's how I know vaccines work.

When was the last time you saw a case of smallpox or diphtheria? Met someone sterile from mumps? Paralyzed from polio? Deaf from HiB? Brain damaged from tetanus? When was the last time you met someone deaf and blind from congenital rubella syndrome?

The flu vaccine is imperfect. But even imperfect protection still reduces your risk of getting the flu and reduces your symptoms if you should get it.

FYI, I had the flu in high school. I can't begin to convey how awful it was. I went from healthy fifteen year old in great shape one day to enervated weakling 24 hours later. My mom had to stay home and bathe me because my temp was so high I was delerious. It took me about two months to feel like a human being again. I missed two weeks of school and lost about ten pounds. I'll never forget the marvelous sensation of actually having the strength to sit up after days when I thought I'd never manage that again.

I get my flu shot and I thank god for it. If you had the flu you'd know it. You'd never want to repeat that experience ever again.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Quote:
FYI, I had the flu in high school. I can't begin to convey how awful it was. I went from healthy fifteen year old in great shape one day to enervated weakling 24 hours later. My mom had to stay home and bathe me because my temp was so high I was delerious. It took me about two months to feel like a human being again. I missed two weeks of school and lost about ten pounds. I'll never forget the marvelous sensation of actually having the strength to sit up after days when I thought I'd never manage that again.

I get my flu shot and I thank god for it. If you had the flu you'd know it. You'd never want to repeat that experience ever again.
I had the flu and was out for a week. Nothing like you had.
I don't know anyone that had the flu that was out for 2 months either.
Maybe you're the type that needs vaccines more than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies