Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Some troubled homosexuals undergo therapy with trained professionals. Others turn to public forums where they seek reassurance by engaging in partisan political propaganda and insulting complete strangers with whom they disagree.

Whatever renders your butter, I guess.
Trained "professionals" don't engage in so-called "reparative" therapy. It's unethical. Trained "professionals" do not try to convince clients that they must have been sexually abused when they weren't, or that they must have had a distant relationship with their father, when they didn't. That's not only unethical and unprofessional, it's abusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Trained "professionals" don't engage in so-called "reparative" therapy. It's unethical. Trained "professionals" do not try to convince clients that they must have been sexually abused when they weren't, or that they must have had a distant relationship with their father, when they didn't. That's not only unethical and unprofessional, it's abusive.
Nobody is forcing these poeple to go there, so stop acting like that. If someone wants to try and go straight, it's their choice how they do it. You guys just don't like that people are trying to get away from the gay lifestyle.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nobody is forcing these poeple to go there, so stop acting like that. If someone wants to try and go straight, it's their choice how they do it. You guys just don't like that people are trying to get away from the gay lifestyle.
There is NO SUCH THING as the 'gay lifestyle' I AM gay and am 34 years old and have dated only ONE person. I live in rural north dakota. I have a degree in religion. Homosexuality is a TRAIT like hair color. It isn't chosen in the first place and has nothing to do with a 'lifestyle'. There are people born with both the heterosexual and homosexual orientation who are celibate and some are sluts and most are somewhere in-between.

The fact that you believe there is a 'gay lifestyle' and that you even claim to know what millions of strangers lifestyles are and claim that they are all the same because they were born with a trait different from yours is SICKENING>

And there are millions of first hand sources to ask about this.. called GAY PEOPLE.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
There is NO SUCH THING as the 'gay lifestyle' I AM gay and am 34 years old and have dated only ONE person. I live in rural north dakota. I have a degree in religion. Homosexuality is a TRAIT like hair color. It isn't chosen in the first place and has nothing to do with a 'lifestyle'. There are people born with both the heterosexual and homosexual orientation who are celibate and some are sluts and most are somewhere in-between.

The fact that you believe there is a 'gay lifestyle' and that you even claim to know what millions of strangers lifestyles are and claim that they are all the same because they were born with a trait different from yours is SICKENING>

And there are millions of first hand sources to ask about this.. called GAY PEOPLE.
Oh shut it. Just because you are gay does not make you all of a sudden have a Phd in everything gay.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:53 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,842 times
Quote:
Oh shut it. Just because you are gay does not make you all of a sudden have a Phd in everything gay.
Um, it does make me an expert in actually EXPERIENCING BEING GAY. i don't remember claiming to be an expert on everything. ACTUAL GAY PEOPLE are more of a PRIMARY source than a Phd on being gay anyway.

Funny, I don't claim to know what it's like to be a heterosexual, yet many heterosexuals claim to know more about being gay than gay people do..

it's a disrespect issue that's another form of covert bigotry.

My 'gay lifestyle'. includes going to my two gay jobs, buying gay groceries, watching my gay tv and sleeping in my gay bed.

It doesn't include promiscuity, evil, doing drugs etc.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Why is it considered impossible for homosexuals to turn straight? Straight people have turned homosexual, even when they weren't gay in the past. The same can happen with homosexual people.

Study: Some Gays Can Go Straight
This is from 2001 which means the data is from the 20th century; it has been debunked. Its time to enter the new century.

Straight people don't turn gay, its a matter of finally recognizing it.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
It sure makes us experts though.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
This "thearpy" and those who support it when they expose their children to it, are engaging in child abuse.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
OP - Did it work?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You spout the usual argument. It's of course the friend's fault. The state of course knows how to much better raise their children then they do. Save it.
Please read the post. Did I state in the affirmative whether or not it was your friend's fault? If you ACTUALLY read the post, you'd see I was not taking a position. Rather, I was fairly objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies