Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
We all know that there have been gay soldiers serving in the military since its creation. This really won't change much of anything. It's 2011.
Yep they have been there forever and so many of them made the moves on straight men and when they got beat to a pulp for it the straights were slapped in the hoosegow for being so mean. I knew a big football player who was in Korea when propositioned and he took the chance and ended up in the stockade for beating up the propositioner.

My first experience with this kind thing resulted in me threatening to beat the hell out of the guy if he ever tried again. We were good friends after he made sure that I wasn't like him. He tried to marry his saxophone player several times over the year. At least there was no law against that in Kansas then and both of them died of AIDS. Today they would find that the state constitution doesn't allow that kind of marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Good thing they stripped the evil republicans of that horrible dont ask dont tell..

Oh, silly me...Bill Clinton enacted that
That is such a lame thing to say (and a very old line, too). Clinton tried to allow gays to serve openly, but it was politically impossible. DADT was an improvement on what we had before. The majority of Republicans have done NOTHING to make things easier for gays in the military.

84 posts, read 54,539 times
Hmmm Alexander managed to conquer most of the known world with a gay army. Worked for him.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:05 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
The military is appealing this right now. And there's a reason.

Obama the wonderful - is going to approve gay people side by side with normal soldiers.

It's not just me who's against it. It's the entire military.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Gays have been in the military since time immortal. Isn't there a military code that says any type of sexual harassment whether it be straight or gay is prohibited? Personally I don't know why any gay person would want to serve in a organization that is so homophobic such as the military.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Gays have been in the military since time immortal. Isn't there a military code that says any type of sexual harassment whether it be straight or gay is prohibited? Personally I don't know why any gay person would want to serve in a organization that is so homophobic such as the military.
The outside world doesn't understand that the job of the military is to kill and blow chit up...its not a democracy for special interest BS.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 PM

37 posts, read 27,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The military is appealing this right now. And there's a reason.

Obama the wonderful - is going to approve gay people side by side with normal soldiers.
Wow. Welcome to the wrong side of history.

Protip: Gay soldiers are "normal" soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat
It's not just me who's against it. It's the entire military.
Sure, the entire military, except for, you know, all those high-ranking military officials, like the top-ranking enlisted Marine, whose anti-DADT comments have been posted multiple times in this thread.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:51 PM

898 posts, read 828,273 times
The law of unintended consequences will show itself with many fewer young men and women wanting to enlist. And there simply aren't enough homosexuals to pick up the standard. Dumbass move designed to try and secure votes from the homosexual crowd.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
City Data has become a homosexual site.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
City Data has become a homosexual site.
It seems to me it's just as much an anti-gay religious hate site as much as it's a homosexual site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies