Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 02:11 AM

436 posts, read 954,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Thank You Dane,

For you sensibility. And for not considering the feelings of traditional Americans.

Whether you like it or not, many Americans disagree with your stance on homosexuality.

Including the brass in America's Army.

I know that homosexuals want so badly to be recognized as normal.

It just ain't happening for many Americans. But, under Obama, everything you want is possible.
Spoken like a true chickenhawk, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 02:36 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm gay and i'm normal. some people like me a born with a homosexual orientation. that's the only difference between me and you. it's a minority variation that for some reason some of us are born gay. being gay is not chosen and that's a fact that i've experienced first hand. being gay does NOT mean that you are promiscuous. I've 34 and have only been with one person. I live a conservative lifestyle, no drugs etc. i'm the TYPICAL BOY NEXT DOOR other than the fact that i'm gay. college graduate, work hard, most of my friends are STRAIGHT guys. I don't care what YOU 'recognize' as far as what you believe is normal. the reality is that i exist, i'm normal, i have one trait that's different from yours, most people have a minority trait in them that's different from others.

How conservative are you?

Which party do you vote for?

If you vote for Liberals solely because you think that you're gay, then I don't believe that you're normal.

If you vote for Conservatives because you believe in conservatism despite the one area where you feel that you have one trait that's different than mine -- I might begin to believe you.

If you vote for Democrats more often than Republicans because you think that's what's right for America -- including their stance on spending - then I would consider you a normal Democrat.

How many gay guys vote for Republicans, and is that also a normal trait that is different from mine?

I would guess that you would vote "straight" ticket for Democrats even if it was the wrong decision fiscally for this country. There are two sides to this coin, and America is in trouble.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:42 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
How many gay guys vote for Republicans, and is that also a normal trait that is different from mine?
Polls showed that in the 2010 elections, 31% of people (men and women) who identified themselves as gay, lesbian, or bisexual voted for a Republican candidate. That was up 4% (from 27%) from 2008.

My friend's mom is a lesbian and a hardcore Republican (her biggest issue is pro-life policy). I also know many, many gay guys who consider themselves libertarians. Most gay guys I know do very well professionally and consider themselves "fiscally conservative." Voting can be tough for them - the guy whose fiscal policies they most closely support often views them as demon possessed deviants deserving of being treated as second class citizens.

Last edited by hammertime33; 07-23-2011 at 02:51 AM..

Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Polls showed that in the 2010 elections, 31% of people (men and women) who identified themselves as gay, lesbian, or bisexual voted for a Republican candidate. That was up 4% (from 27%) from 2008.

Well,

That's not so encouraging for Conservatives.

That means that gays are much more likely to listen to Debbie Wasserman Schultz's BS than Marco Rubio's realistic account of what's happening in America.

All because they're gay.

America goes to hell when people say that they act normally but then they don't.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:56 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
Well,

That's not so encouraging for Conservatives.

That means that gays are much more likely to listen to Debbie Wasserman Schultz's BS than Marco Rubio's realistic account of what's happening in America.

All because they're gay.

America goes to hell when people say that they act normally but then they don't.
"Normal" is your definition which you never describe. So conveniently for you, if you suddenly don't agree with someone, they are not "normal" and you can save yourself.

And clearly you've never heard of the Log Cabin Republicans, because they don't vote Democratic "All because they're gay."

You don't have anything to back you up other than hate.

Just because you live in the backwoods of the UP and people are so shut in, is not a reason to hate everyone and expect them to all be like you.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
"Normal" is your definition which you never describe. So conveniently for you, if you suddenly don't agree with someone, they are not "normal" and you can save yourself.

And clearly you've never heard of the Log Cabin Republicans, because they don't vote Democratic "All because they're gay."

You don't have anything to back you up other than hate.

Just because you live in the backwoods of the UP and people are so shut in, is not a reason to hate everyone and expect them to all be like you.

I'll describe normal for me. No hiding. And actually I grew up just north of Detroit. Just because I'm not gay, doesn't mean that I don't have a sense of what's normal in my world.

Look, I'm nearly 50 years old. When I grew up along the I-75 corridor, guys did what they could to get into girl's pants.

There was not one guy that was *****.

We didn't grow up in neighborhoods where being gay was even thought of, let alone acceptable, or "normal".

Forgive me for not getting it. Actually that was a facetious statement because I don't expect you to forgive me.

OK, one day I'll die. I won't be able to spew what I think is right or wrong anymore. And you'll be there telling your sister's kids ( for example ) that it's great to be a homosexual. And they'll believe you.

I know I'll be dead in 20 years. But I'll be really pis^t if you ********** our country up.

And -- side note --
Quote:
Just because you live in the backwoods of the UP and people are so shut in,
Not shut in at all ... hundreds of thousands of acres of wilderness ... Eagles and Wolves and Bears and Moose and Fishing and Waterfalls and Snow and a high of 69 tomorrow ... Maybe some fresh would do you good.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,938,473 times
Quote:
We didn't grow up in neighborhoods where being gay was even thought of, let alone acceptable, or "normal".
Forgive me for not getting it. Actually that was a facetious statement because I don't expect you to forgive me.
Um...gayness was there and all around you, just out of mind. Some of your friends and acquaintances were gay.
Oh, and why do you care?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
I'll describe normal for me. No hiding. And actually I grew up just north of Detroit. Just because I'm not gay, doesn't mean that I don't have a sense of what's normal in my world.

Look, I'm nearly 50 years old. When I grew up along the I-75 corridor, guys did what they could to get into girl's pants.

OK, one day I'll die. I won't be able to spew what I think is right or wrong anymore. And you'll be there telling your sister's kids ( for example ) that it's great to be a homosexual. And they'll believe you.

I know I'll be dead in 20 years. But I'll be really pis^t if you ********** our country up.

And -- side note --

Not shut in at all ... hundreds of thousands of acres of wilderness ... Eagles and Wolves and Bears and Moose and Fishing and Waterfalls and Snow and a high of 69 tomorrow ... Maybe some fresh would do you good.
Guys are still trying to do the same with girls. And there were gays back then too.

I'm sorry that people are tolerant and not fearful like you.

I did enjoy the sob story, though.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:04 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:
How conservative are you?

Which party do you vote for?

If you vote for Liberals solely because you think that you're gay, then I don't believe that you're normal.

If you vote for Conservatives because you believe in conservatism despite the one area where you feel that you have one trait that's different than mine -- I might begin to believe you.

If you vote for Democrats more often than Republicans because you think that's what's right for America -- including their stance on spending - then I would consider you a normal Democrat.

I would guess that you would vote "straight" ticket for Democrats even if it was the wrong decision fiscally for this country. There are two sides to this coin, and America is in trouble.
I"m conservative in the way i live my life, which means that i don't do drugs, drink excessively etc. POLITICALLY i'm liberal but i do agree with a few conservative things politically.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
For those like pommy who keep bringing up that, gays will start hitting on straights issue, facts indicates many sexual assaults go unreported against men in the military, but they are common and usually committed by heterosexuals.

The Military's Secret Shame - Newsweek

Last year nearly 50,000 male veterans screened positive for “military sexual trauma” at the Department of Veterans Affairs, up from just over 30,000 in 2003. For the victims, the experience is a special kind of hell—a soldier can’t just quit his job to get away from his abusers. But now, as the Pentagon has begun to acknowledge the rampant problem of sexual violence for both genders, men are coming forward in unprecedented numbers, telling their stories and hoping that speaking up will help them, and others, put their lives back together.

While many might assume the perpetrators of such assaults are closeted gay soldiers, military experts and outside researchers say assailants usually are heterosexual.

According to Hunter and others, the repeal of the military’s policy of “don’t ask, don’t tell” might actually help the institution address the issue. Under that rule, being gay meant being fundamentally unfit to serve; it meant you didn’t belong. It also meant that victims were even more reluctant to report their attacks. “I wouldn’t say that the repeal is going to make it safe,” says Aaron Belkin, director of the Palm Center, a think tank on gays in the military. “But male victims will be a little bit less reluctant to report their assaults.”

I know facts are so troubling to conservatives on this board, but as this article indicates, many gay and straight men have been sexually assaulted in the military, predominantly by straight men. The repeal of DADT could possibly increase the number of reported incidents since gays getting assaulted will be more likely to report abuse.

It seems gays have more to fear from straight military men than the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies