Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,467,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Look up these words, and you will enlightened:

1) Caveat
2) May
3) Potential
4) Possible

When you figure out what these words mean, go back and read my posts and you will see that I have NOT said that the "youth political camps" are engaging in indoctrination. I have plainly stated that there is the "potential"...there "may" be....it's "possible". There's a distinct difference in what I have said and what you are claiming I have said.
You agreed with Beck. You said it sounds politically militant. Then you ignored what people who are familiar with the topic posted about it and implied that people like myself are not telling the truth.
At least get yourself educated and don't make such hypothetical claims about a culture you know nothing about just because you want to agree with Beck so badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 07:09 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,745,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The Hitler Youth was a military training organization to prep future officers and soldiers for service in the German military. It indoctrinated members in Nazi politics, but the primary objective was to create good future soldiers.

If more American children learned civics and political thought (not blind adherence to ideology), maybe fewer would act like children in their political thinking once they're adults. We could only hope; perhaps obscenities like Beck wouldn't be given the time of day.
You just described the BOY SCOUTS.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,450,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You just described the BOY SCOUTS.
In fact the Hitler Youth subsumed the German equivalent of the Boy Scouts into their organization.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
The 9-12 project deserves scrutiny too. But i've never been of the impression that the "Tea Party" is an established political party. Can you point out to me when the "Tea Party" made its way to the ballot? The "Tea Party" is more of a movement with its own ideology. I think you're really stretching here.
Not that old canard again. The Tea Party is very coy, one might say even intellecutally dishonest, about what they are. They are a party, they aren't a party, they run candidates, they don't, blah, blah, blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Folks hear Hitler and go in reflexive outrage mode.
Gee, I wonder why!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,836 times
For those of you defending Beck and saying that kids have no place in politics, how do feel about all the children at tea party rallies holding up signs or yelling? What about the tea party camp? It is very insensitive to make comments like this when these children lost their lives. What if someone shot up a tea party protest and killed children? Would you be comparing those children to the Hitler youth? It is so disgusting to sit here and watch Americans behave this way.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I listened to a few minutes of Beck's radio show the other day as I drove to work. Apparently, he now has some flunky to agree with everything he blurts out. After about 30 seconds, it felt like my IQ had dropped about 20 points. After about five minutes, I almost didn't know what the steering wheel was for.

It's pretty obvious who his audience is.
The knuckle draggers of our society.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler youth, or, whatever. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics. Disturbing,"

In this incident he what he finds disturbing is a camp full of kids. How will apologist spin this? By deflecting and bringing up Democrats?

Glenn Beck hits 'new low'; compares Norway victims to Hitler Youth - latimes.com

Glenn Beck likens Norwegian dead to Hitler youth | Media | The Guardian

Glenn Beck compares Norway shooting victims to Hitler Youth on radio show
I agree. It is a new low.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:28 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Folks hear Hitler and go in reflexive outrage mode. Goes to show how effective Hollywood has been in making Hitler some modern day boogeyman.

Wow, just wow.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 AM

14,487 posts, read 11,308,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
There are more than just two parties in Norway and other European countries.
Thank You. Grim Reader went over it already. Consider me enlightened.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 AM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
I think you should provide us proof that these are not "top-led organizations" with a specific agenda.
Feel free to benefit from what I offer or not. Incidentally, I was a member of "Conservative Youth" in my teens, you can judge for yourself how effective the indoctrination was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies