Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
So what? I've never posted anything about religion. You’re free to have an opinion.
Maybe not, but you do seem to post an awful lot of opinions that stem from ignorance, yet you refuse to allow yourself to be educated. I'd call that "willful ignorance".

Homosexuality (ANY sexual orientation) is neither a choice nor a "mental disorder". It simply is, with no choice or action required. It cannot be "cured" or changed in any way. With all of the links posted here to respected professional sources, one would think ignorance could have been dealt with long ago. But when you add in the willful ignorance of people who are so stuck on their own opinions that they refuse to learn, I guess we still have a ways to go.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
If it doesn't matter what another person thinks is right or good how does it matter what you think is wrong?

How does it matter that you think "the behavior is wrong"?

Who are you do make such an announcement...such a proclamation?
Bah! You make judgments daily on what is right and wrong. Get down off that high horse.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Until science can prove that people can be born a homosexual, then I think it's purely by choice. I still don't agree that someone can go homosexual after being married and having 3 kids. They're bisexual, if anything.

And no, I am not homophobic either. If someone falls in love or has sex with another person of the same sex, that is their business alone. More power to them.
Guess you don't understand the term "living in the closet", huh? That's when a gay person, because of societal and/or familial attitudes spend most of his/her life hiding their homosexuality. And what's the 'best' way to hide it? By marrying someone of the opposite sex! It's not so much that that husband and father suddenly 'went gay' - it's more likely that he finally grew tired of the hiding and the lies that had to be told (both to himself and those around him) to maintain that closet door firmly in place.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Guess you don't understand the term "living in the closet", huh? That's when a gay person, because of societal and/or familial attitudes spend most of his/her life hiding their homosexuality. And what's the 'best' way to hide it? By marrying someone of the opposite sex! It's not so much that that husband and father suddenly 'went gay' - it's more likely that he finally grew tired of the hiding and the lies that had to be told (both to himself and those around him) to maintain that closet door firmly in place.
And they are so repulsed about intimacy with the other gender that they actually have kids with their spouse, too, right?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And they are so repulsed about intimacy with the other gender that they actually have kids with their spouse, too, right?
I should probably let the gays posting here handle this one, but I don't think gays are necessarily "repulsed" by the thought of having sex with the opposite sex. It's more that they really aren't interested in it. If I as a heterosexual female could convince myself to have sex with my husband when I really wasn't "in the mood", I'd say a gay man (or lesbian) could "talk themselves into" having sex with the opposite sex, especially if they are trying to hide their homosexuality.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:55 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,140 times
Quote:
There are people who have friends and family that are like you -- closed minded and judgemental. Because of the people like you, that one gay person in the middle of that is most likely going to force themselves into a "normal" life. They aren't CHOOSING to be straight, as they are still gay, but they are choosing to hide who they are to make the less informed more comfortable. They are compromising who they are to make people like you comfortable.

I'm not repulsed by sex with the opposite gender. Set the scene, are we drunk? Hands, mouths, and other parts feel good regardless of who is touching it. But right there you'll disagree because you are sooo high and mighty and think sex outside of marriage is bad. ANYWAY, could I have sex with a woman? Probably! Could I have that romantic chemistry that makes up a relationship? Nope. See, that's where I was confused during high school. I felt like.. I "should" like the girls, but I always noticed the buldges on the boys.. lol.. The most that ever occured with me and females? Friendship. Nothing EVER clicked. I never felt "romatic" with them. I never felt like.. there's some kind of future. Take away the "having sex" part. Homosexuals just can't "click" with the opposite sex.

You have your standards on what makes your perfect spouse. It's not because she's a woman, it's because of who she is. If you found a man like that, it won't matter. You are not gay. So that will never "click" for you. I have met women who are like my partner of 6 years. They are attractive, but did anything ever click? Nope. I never saw them more than just.. women. Friends. That's it.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
There are people who have friends and family that are like you -- closed minded and judgemental. Because of the people like you, that one gay person in the middle of that is most likely going to force themselves into a "normal" life. They aren't CHOOSING to be straight, as they are still gay, but they are choosing to hide who they are to make the less informed more comfortable. They are compromising who they are to make people like you comfortable.

I'm not repulsed by sex with the opposite gender. Set the scene, are we drunk? Hands, mouths, and other parts feel good regardless of who is touching it. But right there you'll disagree because you are sooo high and mighty and think sex outside of marriage is bad. ANYWAY, could I have sex with a woman? Probably! Could I have that romantic chemistry that makes up a relationship? Nope. See, that's where I was confused during high school. I felt like.. I "should" like the girls, but I always noticed the buldges on the boys.. lol.. The most that ever occured with me and females? Friendship. Nothing EVER clicked. I never felt "romatic" with them. I never felt like.. there's some kind of future. Take away the "having sex" part. Homosexuals just can't "click" with the opposite sex.

You have your standards on what makes your perfect spouse. It's not because she's a woman, it's because of who she is. If you found a man like that, it won't matter. You are not gay. So that will never "click" for you. I have met women who are like my partner of 6 years. They are attractive, but did anything ever click? Nope. I never saw them more than just.. women. Friends. That's it.
It hurts me that you are being so intolerant and judgmental about me.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
It hurts me that you are being so intolerant and judgmental about me.
Well I'm sorry, :hug:
But please read the point I'm trying to make. I truly believe that people are anti-gay because they don't understand.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I should probably let the gays posting here handle this one, but I don't think gays are necessarily "repulsed" by the thought of having sex with the opposite sex. It's more that they really aren't interested in it. If I as a heterosexual female could convince myself to have sex with my husband when I really wasn't "in the mood", I'd say a gay man (or lesbian) could "talk themselves into" having sex with the opposite sex, especially if they are trying to hide their homosexuality.
So you're suggesting that if we can "talk ourselves into it", then it's not really something we're born into. Good to know. The behavior is a choice. We all choose who we want to be with.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
So you're suggesting that if we can "talk ourselves into it", then it's not really something we're born into. Good to know. The behavior is a choice. We all choose who we want to be with.
Nope. Read what I actually said. Now respond with the perfect deflection answer like you tried to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies