Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I agrree, people like that prove over and over that they don't want to know the facts, so they won't read anything that disputes their willfully ignorant position.
Post the FACTS that you were born Homosexual. Links included to all FACTS. No theory or opinions just FACT.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:22 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
LOL...the "straight gene". Being homosexual or heterosexual is no more controversial to me than people preferring chocolate or vanilla. Can we prove that some are genetically programmed to like chocolate over vanilla? It is simply a natural preference. And I really never understood why anyone really cares anyway. If it does not harm you personally, it is none of your business. It is just another "issue" where one group or another wants to impose their personal beliefs upon another group without any justification whatsoever.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Post the FACTS that you were born Homosexual. Links included to all FACTS. No theory or opinions just FACT.
i've been one my whole life without choice. I've never experienced NOT being one. (it's not an opinion since i've experienced it FIRST HAND)

Where is the proof that you were born a heterosexual? Where is the scientific proof that you didn't 'choose' to be straight? links pls

Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
And when have I ever said anything else? Behavior is a choice; homosexuality is neither a behavior nor a choice.
and it's the same for heterosexuals, yet your behavior isn't 'scrutinized' by strangers and talked about from those on moral high horses. yours behavior is seen as fine basically no matter what it is.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i've been one my whole life without choice. I've never experienced NOT being one. (it's not an opinion since i've experienced it FIRST HAND)

Where is the proof that you were born a heterosexual? Where is the scientific proof that you didn't 'choose' to be straight? links pls
Good try but very stupid, If someone calls me ignorant because I ignore the FACTS then post up the FACTS or shut up. Lets see the FACTS that Homosexuals are born that way, you have an opinion you are not a FACT.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Good try but very stupid, If someone calls me ignorant because I ignore the FACTS then post up the FACTS or shut up. Lets see the FACTS that Homosexuals are born that way, you have an opinion you are not a FACT.
it's only an 'opinion' if you haven't EXPERIENCED it first hand. it's be opinion of A STRAIGHT person said that. PRIMARY SOURCES (actual people who have experienced it first hand) are the HIGHEST source to even GET the INFORMATION FROM. I didn't quite enjoy being conservative and spending years trying to come to terms with the fact i'm gay. If there were even a POSSIBIITY of choice involved i'd be in a much happier place in my life with not having to go through all that so there's also the 'duh' factor.

it's not an opinion, since i've lived it. it's actually called a primary source and the most ultimate form of proof.

you can ask this primary source on homosexuality other things if you wish.

Good day.

Still waiting for the links with proof you didn't choose to be straight. until then i'll consider being straight a choice.

thanks

Old 08-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
it's only an 'opinion' if you haven't EXPERIENCED it first hand. it's be opinion of A STRAIGHT person said that. PRIMARY SOURCES (actual people who have experienced it first hand) are the HIGHEST source to even GET the INFORMATION FROM. I didn't quite enjoy being conservative and spending years trying to come to terms with the fact i'm gay. If there were even a POSSIBIITY of choice involved i'd be in a much happier place in my life with not having to go through all that so there's also the 'duh' factor.

it's not an opinion, since i've lived it. it's actually called a primary source and the most ultimate form of proof.

you can ask this primary source on homosexuality other things if you wish.

Good day.

Still waiting for the links with proof you didn't choose to be straight. until then i'll consider being straight a choice.

thanks
Ho hum thats what I thought, NO FACTS that anyone is born Homosexual just more BS. I'm not the one claiming anything as a FACT, it's a FACT your a Homosexual but it's not a FACT you were born that way.

Psst Have a good day

Old 08-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Ho hum thats what I thought, NO FACTS that anyone is born Homosexual just more BS. I'm not the one claiming anything as a FACT, it's a FACT your a Homosexual but it's not a FACT you were born that way.

Psst Have a good day
Sorry, never chose to be gay and that's a FACT since not only would i have NEVER chose to be gay, i think i'd remember doing so. (i'm the primary source on me.)

its' also still a fact that YOU WERE NOT born STRAIGHt since you have not yet given me proper links to scientific research.

good day.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:24 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Isn't this purely a matter of semantics? We COULD say that one chooses to indulge or obey their preferences and it does not change a single thing. Who cares? Let people be who they want to be. Live and let live. Even if people could be proven to "be" chocolate likers, what does it matter if they choose to eat chocolate because that is their preference or whether they eat vanilla so that they will "fit in". Does not make any difference. If that "choice" to obey or disobey one's preference is not forcing anyone else to do anything...again...who cares? I would imagine only those who want to impose their beliefs upon another would get worked up over it.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Isn't this purely a matter of semantics? We COULD say that one chooses to indulge or obey their preferences and it does not change a single thing. Who cares? Let people be who they want to be. Live and let live. Even if people could be proven to "be" chocolate likers, what does it matter if they choose to eat chocolate because that is their preference or whether they eat vanilla so that they will "fit in". Does not make any difference. If that "choice" to obey or disobey one's preference is not forcing anyone else to do anything...again...who cares? I would imagine only those who want to impose their beliefs upon another would get worked up over it.
true but it goes much further than that. I'm actually REPULSED by the idea of being with someone of the opposite sex. even though i like choclate better than vanilla, i could still EAT vanilly and not be repulsed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies