Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,117,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I mention my wife. It's normal to be married. But I don't talk about my sex life.
Haha. So you should be able to mention your wife since that's "normal," but if I mention my husband I should be fired (the effect of DADT) since that's talking about my "sex life."

And just as an aside, one of my best friends just got out of the Marines (he's a straight guy), and I use to spend a lot of time with him and his other straight Marine friends. All they ever talked about were the dozens and dozens and dozens of girls they were banging. It seems the only thing they ever talked about were their sex lives.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Haha. So you should be able to mention your wife since that's "normal," but if I mention my husband I should be fired (the effect of DADT) since that's talking about my "sex life."
Guys don't have husbands. But if you discuss your sex life, that's more than I care to know.
Quote:
And just as an aside, one of my best friends just got out of the Marines (he's a straight guy), and I use to spend a lot of time with him and his other straight Marine friends. All they ever talked about were the dozens and dozens and dozens of girls they were banging. It seems the only thing they ever talked about were their sex lives.

Good for them. I imagine they were all comfortable with it. On the other hand, I've been around gay people when they talk about their sex lives...I don't care to hear about it. I find it sickening.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,777,059 times
I don't want to hear the details of anyone's sex life, whether straight or gay. It's just nothing to talk about like the weather or sports.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,117,788 times
Quote:
Guys don't have husbands. But if you discuss your sex life, that's more than I care to know.
Many men have husbands. But whatever. I'll rephrase the question (since you didn't addressed it - you just gave a deflection non-answer):

So you believe you should be able to mention your wife since that's "normal," but if a gay person mentions his long term gay partner - with whom he is perhaps raising children - he should be fired (the effect of DADT) since that's talking about his "sex life?" Is that really what you think?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,413,585 times
Quote:
whatever. In any event, the point remains....homosexuality is not a "trait". That's why we call it a lifestyle...you can choose your actions.

Really? So you control who you are attracted to? I am not attracted to men, I can't just at a flip say "Oh I am gay", bet you can't either. So what makes you think someone who is gay can?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,777,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Really? So you control who you are attracted to? I am not attracted to men, I can't just at a flip say "Oh I am gay", bet you can't either. So what makes you think someone who is gay can?
It's funny. People have discussed that for dozens of pages now, trying to come up with detailed arguments, and then someone comes along and makes such a simplistic statement as if we were back at post 1

Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I can choose who I am intimate with. As I've stated...I'm not an animal that can't control my urges. How about you?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:57 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,756,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
No refusing to understand you are sick is the first sign.
Its hard at first
So, using your "logic", anyone who doesn't think they are sick IS sick? Would that also apply to my friend who was just told her cancer is in remission? I mean, she doesn't think she's sick any more, so does her "denial" mean she really is sick?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Many men have husbands. But whatever. I'll rephrase the question (since you didn't addressed it - you just gave a deflection non-answer):
No. They really don't.
Quote:
So you believe you should be able to mention your wife since that's "normal," but if a gay person mentions his long term gay partner - with whom he is perhaps raising children - he should be fired (the effect of DADT) since that's talking about his "sex life?" Is that really what you think?
If the military bans gay people, then yes.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:05 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,756,458 times
Quote:
I mention my wife. It's normal to be married. But I don't talk about my sex life.
And neither do gays, lesbians, bisexuals or transgenders! The gays I know talk a lot about their lives, whether they're having trouble meeting the monthly bills, their jobs, their families and their lives in general. There's one fellow I've been friends with nearly a dozen years now and not once EVER have either of us talked about our sex lives. Closest either of us has come is when I jokingly remind him that I haven't had a sex life in more than a dozen years, since my husband died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies