Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I love how people try to make it about moral high ground...like that makes you more right

I'm gay
I've been a s l u t

do I regret it? absolutely not

as was said earlier,
I didn't choose to be gay,
I chose to be a s l u t
and I loved every minute of it

eat your heart out! Mwah!
Aw shucks!!!

Why does Boise have to be so far from Philly???

I would love for you to indulge in your sluttish behavior any time over at my house! You sound like a fun person to be with!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 PM

521 posts, read 467,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
How does Biology or DNA determine an individual's perception of what he or she considers to be attractive? Furthermore, how is one's biology intrinsically aware of the standard of beauty or of its external environment? Attraction is extremely subjective, often consisting of a variety of variables: gender, race, body type, genetic distance. Hypothetically, if a new gender of the human species were to be discovered within the bowels of some dense, distant rain forest, how could one suggest that an inherent trait would therefore permit us to accept this new gender as a valid sexual mate? Before you can insist that sexual orientation is a trait, you must first provide evidence to support "biological awareness", for lack of a better term.
A+

Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
That's exactly my point. He can choose who he wants to be with. It's a choice.
But he doesn't get to choose the fact he's naturally attracted to men and not women.

Calvinist, you're generally an intelligent person. I don't understand how you don't see this distinction.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Yes. Yes, I do wake up every day and choose to love my wife and stay married to her. Do you have a point, Einstein?
Could you wake up every day to a man and choose to stay with him?

Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I could choose to do the behavior, yes. But I don't.

It's mind-boggling how you guys continue to claim it's some kind of genetic thing, and we are just animals that can't control ourselves.
Again, there's a difference between the "behavior" (having sex) and the "orientation" (being gay). It's like "reading braille" vs. "being blind." You can choose to read braille but you can't choose to be blind.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Holy cow! That's a real website? I thought you were being facetious!
I didn't realize that was a real website either!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I've never claimed to not judge. Of course I judge--as do you. So come down off that high horse. The question is what we judge, and how we judge it.
You were specifically telling people that certain statements they made hurt you, and I am just pointing out that you are having the same effect on others by making some of the statements you make.

Quote:
He called the Pharisees a brood of vipers, and called them white-washed sepulcres. Was that just love to make them feel good?

If you're going to reference Jesus, get it right.

As I've said...I honestly don't care what you do in your home. Keep it that way and I won't bother you.
That wasn't Jesus. Jesus isn't about discriminating like that. Jesus welcomed the poorest and most socially outcast members to his parties. As a follower of Jesus, I'm sure you understand his most basic message, which was to 1) Love God and 2) Love thy neighbor.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
The sad thing is, that society has always considered it a "shameful behavior" until recently. I find it sad that our society as a whole is losing its sense of right/wrong.
Which society and which time period? That's certainly not the case for all societies throughout all of history.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Thats similar to what I was going to say. People talk about ice cream and vanilla and chocolate and so forth. But even those choices are only relative preferences. How does one know they dislike vanilla, if all they know is that theyve liked chocolate their entire life? Liking one, doesnt automatically translate into a dislike for the other.

People talk about how they've always wanted to be with people of the same sex and so forth. Thats fine, but how would one know they disliked the opposite sex, if they've only explored options of the same sex?
If a man looks at a beautiful woman and feels absolutely no attraction or arousal, he doesn't need to have sex with her to solidify he's not attracted. Ice cream flavors are not a valid analogy since looking at them proves nothing aside from color. Human attractiveness is evident without physical contact.

Quote:
All that means, is that they are unexposed and unenlightened of the selection pool that exists. Which is perfectly ok, but that doesnt mean that they are homosexual or dislike the opposite sex, it just means theyve never tried it. And even if they tried the opposite sex, like all relationships, not every pairing is a working match.
Explain then, the whole no sex until marriage thing? If a man and woman decide to get married, what prompted them to get married prior to them having sex? Obviously something sparked an interest, since they never knew what being intimate with them was like beforehand.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
But he doesn't get to choose the fact he's naturally attracted to men and not women.

Calvinist, you're generally an intelligent person. I don't understand how you don't see this distinction.
Cognitive Dissonance. If someone can convince themselves the Earth is 6-10,000 years old in the face of evidence, they can believe any ridiculous lie if they suppress logic and rationality enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies