Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,757,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
If you're engaging in shameful behavior......then yah...duh.
Thing is, you are the one making a choice here. You are choosing to see homosexuality as "shameful behavior" while others (myself included) have chosen not to see it that way.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
They are campaigning for same-gender marriages. I call that "in front of me".

Honestly....is there no shame in society anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Add me to the list of those campaigning for same sex marriage...and I will continue to do that in front of you...I will continue to do it without shame.
And you can add this 61 y/o heterosexual female to that list as well. I am certainly not 'ashamed' of standing up for the rights of ALL in this country. In fact, I'd be ashamed of myself if I didn't do that.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
He can't. He's been brain washed and sadly there's no common sense left there.
I tried explaining what chemistry in a relationship is, but since he most likely IS indeed a repressed homosexual, then he's choosing to ignore what I said.

You can't CHOOSE chemistry between yourself and others.
Not sure I'd call him a "repressed homosexual" but, based on a few things he's said in this thread, a bisexual is a distinct possibility.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Everybody has free will, you can do anything but biology and common sense tells us a man and woman are made for each other it doesn't mean we have to be with a woman but it is what we were designed to do.

There is no Proof what so ever that anyone is born Homosexual, there are theory's and opinions based on studies but no proof. There is no gaydar machine.

Everyone has an opinion and is free to express it.
Why should anyone have to "prove" they were born homosexual or heterosexual or bisexual? IMO, that would be like asking my brother to "prove" he was born left-handed. Or asking my sister to "prove" she was born with her lovely blue eyes.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,371,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Why should anyone have to "prove" they were born homosexual or heterosexual or bisexual? IMO, that would be like asking my brother to "prove" he was born left-handed. Or asking my sister to "prove" she was born with her lovely blue eyes.
Does anybody really feel the need to claim they are born that way? Why do they need to say it? Why do they need the pride parades?

I've never felt the need to display I'm Hetrosexual.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,626,345 times
Quote:
Thing is, you are the one making a choice here. You are choosing to see homosexuality as "shameful behavior" while others (myself included) have chosen not to see it that way.
The sad thing is, that society has always considered it a "shameful behavior" until recently. I find it sad that our society as a whole is losing its sense of right/wrong.

Quote:
And you can add this 61 y/o heterosexual female to that list as well. I am certainly not 'ashamed' of standing up for the rights of ALL in this country. In fact, I'd be ashamed of myself if I didn't do that.
You going to stand up for the "rights" of the adulterers, fornicators, pedophiles, alcoholics,etc...etc...?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,122,446 times
Quote:
You going to stand up for the "rights" of the adulterers, fornicators, pedophiles, alcoholics,etc...etc...?
I'm curious about your thoughts on these behaviors. Perhaps you could rank them in order of most least immoral to most immoral, and then perhaps explain a bit about why you view them as immoral:

Me having (gay) sex with the man I love and to whom I'm committed.

A married man lying to his wife, sneaking around having sex with a mistress.

A man "having sex" with an 8 year old girl or boy.

A alcoholic being an alcoholic - destroying relationships, driving drunk, perhaps stealing (or at least using relatives/friends) to support his habit.

An unmarried Marine having sex with 7 different women on 7 different nights while on leave.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:59 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Does anybody really feel the need to claim they are born that way? Why do they need to say it? Why do they need the pride parades?

I've never felt the need to display I'm Hetrosexual.
The why to all of those questions is pretty obvious, but only to people who think logically. I could spend time answering them, but why bother? You ask questions, but you don't really seek answers, and you don't accept them when you hear them anyway. You have an opinion, and no matter how shallow or uniformed it is, you are going to cling to it in a desperate denial of the world that is rapidly changing around you.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:05 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,626,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm curious about your thoughts on these behaviors. Perhaps you could rank them in order of most least immoral to most immoral, and then perhaps explain a bit about why you view them as immoral:

Me having (gay) sex with the man I love and to whom I'm committed.
Immoral. But none of my business really.
Quote:
A married man lying to his wife, sneaking around having sex with a mistress.
Immoral. If it was someone I knew I'd make sure to tell his wife or make him tell her.
Quote:
A man "having sex" with an 8 year old girl or boy.
Unfathomably immoral.
Quote:
A alcoholic being an alcoholic - destroying relationships, driving drunk, perhaps stealing (or at least using relatives/friends) to support his habit.
Immoral.
Quote:
An unmarried Marine having sex with 7 different women on 7 different nights while on leave.
Immoral.

I have an objective standard of morality. These things have always been wrong, and always will be. I'd be curious to hear why you consider any of them as moral.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:14 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,122,446 times
Quote:
Immoral. But none of my business really.

Immoral. If it was someone I knew I'd make sure to tell his wife or make him tell her.

Unfathomably immoral.

Immoral.

Immoral.

I have an objective standard of morality. These things have always been wrong, and always will be. I'd be curious to hear why you consider any of them as moral.
My having sex with my husband harms nobody - not me, not my husband, not you, not society, not my mailman, etc. Therefore, it is not immoral.

In fact, it brings joy and happiness to me and my husband. It brings joy and happiness to my parents, to my brothers, to my sister, to my husband's family, and to our friends knowing that I'm in a happy, loving, and committed relationship with a person I care about and a person who cares about me. Therefore it is a good and moral thing.

The other things I listed are not moral. That was the point. It's ridiculous that you lump homosexuality in with alcoholism, child rape, adultery, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies