Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 04:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
post 56.
Come on try a little honesty. You know no such plan was presented to Congress.
Honesty? Yes, you should try that because putting words in other people's mouth is dishonest. Post #56 says nothing about anything being presented to Congress. I have said some 4-5 times that there was a $4T bipartisan plan which would have REDUCED taxes, but it was killed by GOP. Why is that difficult to understand? GOP made sure it was never going to make it to Congess.

I just realized that I am talking to the three most bittely partisan posters on the board, so I guess the game playing is the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I find it odd how repubs want to make this out like it is the dems that always raise the debt ceiling. I think under Reagan it was raised 13 times and under Bush 7. Everyone wants to make this time out to be the worse of them all. Where was the concern when Reagan took our debt to 3T from under 1 T?
Where was the outrage when Bush took us from a surplus to 10.5T in debt?

and you want to blame the liberals and Obama? really? Cognitive dissonance is an amazing thing.
Reagan raised it 18 times.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
My understanding Finn, is that it was a negotiation. They were close to an agreement UNTIL Obama demanded another 800B. Then John B walked. or was it 400? I don't know.
Sure it was a negotiation, but you are talking abot what happened four months later, while I am talking about the bi-partisan plan from December. The bi-partian panel wrote a plan which would have cut $44, remove pork-chop loop holes and reduce corporate taxes, but it was killed by GOP reps beause they did not want to risk it passing Congress and then Senate and actually becoming law. I think that was a huge mistake and a missed opportitunity by GOP. HUGE. Whan that happened I knew they were not serious abot cuts.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,791 times
How much better would our economy be if we cut our Chinese spending in half and bought American goods with that money.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:17 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Who cares about victories for any political party or politician. What about what the People demand? We'll see if they met the demands of Americans.
If it was about the demands of the American people then tax would be raised immediately on anyone earning over $250,000, a Universal single payer health system would be created and tort reform would be a priority.
Since when is what the people want involved in "politics" on the hill ??????

Old 08-01-2011, 05:25 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
This thread solidifies the long-held notion that Liberals do in fact live in La La Land.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:40 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
According to President Obama, John Boehner and Harry Reid NOBODY is going to be totally happy with this deal.

Extreme liberals and extreme conservatives are NOT going to be happy.

That's usually a sign that both sides compromised.

Good! Extremists are the ones who consistently bring our country to the brink, stir up division and hurt the country for the sake of their own petty ideas. The sooner they're considered irrelevant to the rest of the American people, the better.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Congratulations? On what? I honestly believe the whole thing was staged from the begining.
mean while stocks have dropped all so the dems and the repubs could play good cop bad cop.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:04 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Agreed. They made him an offer he could not refuse. Al Capone style.
very appropriate analogy for the tea party thugs.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:11 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times
Whoever thinks the President won this debate has clearly not paid attention to the history of this debate and the current deal on the table. The Republicans faltered last week, but the Democrats could not capitalize. No doubt about it - GOP won this battle on all fronts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies