Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 PM

300 posts, read 250,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
our constitution does not prevent us from offering aid to a population where children die daily from hunger.

a population that has a lack of health and social services, let alone education, along with the currency to access birth control, you want to chastise for having unprotected sex? they can hardly buy a cow for the milk or seed to grow a crop. they shouldn't have sex? you seem to be putting down a population because they don't live a middle class life. you need to get a clue about how these people have to live.

again, we have plenty of money to help we just spend it elsewhere.
Actually it does prevent a CONSTITUTIONAL expenditure, but the feds stopped paying attention to that a long time ago.

Yes, if they cannot stop breeding and spitting out kids who will simply starve to death, they should refrain from sex. It has nothing to do with living a middle class life, its called the responsibility of not bearing kids who will only suffer and die.

It's clear you think with emotion, rather than logic and intelligence, so further debate with someone like you would be a waste of time. Run along now and let the adults converse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Still a drop in the bucket compared to what we send other countries and they are not starving, where is your outrage over that aid. Oh wait, now I know why you are so upset about this particular aid, it is to Kenya, my my my, you people
Casper
The race card?
add the drops and you get a full bucket. We should end all foreign aid. Why are we borrowing money to give to other countries?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:30 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,817 times
The poor in Kenya (and all over the globe) need more than just throwing money at them! They need a SYSTEM.. that takes time and money---quite frankly a lot of what we don't have to offer right now. Bother people in Europe if you want hand outs.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Funny nobody had this complaint when George W. Bush Jr., Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon or damn near any other president sent money for foreign aid.

Now President Obama is in office is "It's our money".
It certainly is not oblama's money.

Newsflash: social media was around under Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford or Nixon. Today, we have a way to express our frustration over the waste of U.S. tax payer dollars.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Actually it does prevent a CONSTITUTIONAL expenditure, but the feds stopped paying attention to that a long time ago.

Yes, if they cannot stop breeding and spitting out kids who will simply starve to death, they should refrain from sex. It has nothing to do with living a middle class life, its called the responsibility of not bearing kids who will only suffer and die.

It's clear you think with emotion, rather than logic and intelligence, so further debate with someone like you would be a waste of time. Run along now and let the adults converse.
don't try to demean me because you have nothing further to say on the subject.

"responsibility" living in africa means just getting food and water on the table. in remote villages there is no access to birth control, it has nothing to do with 'emotion" it has to do with facts. you need to get educated if you think all these women and their children have easy access to birth control.

In many areas there are no doctors or education and generations of villagers living in remote areas live a life they have little control over.
your idea they should not breed is simplistic at best, not to mention callous.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,817 times
Quote:
don't try to demean me because you have nothing further to say on the subject.

"responsibility" living in africa means just getting food and water on the table. in remote villages there is no access to birth control, it has nothing to do with 'emotion" it has to do with facts. you need to get educated if you think all these women and their children have easy access to birth control.

In many areas there are no doctors or education and generations of villagers living in remote areas live a life they have little control over.
your idea they should not breed is simplistic at best, not to mention callous.
And that is very very sad! (no sarcasm, really)... but look at the state of our country. Part of the many problems we have is, that we take on too much stuff to do. We've overwhelmed ourselves with obligations all over this globe.

Enough is enough. I'm sorry that those people are in the situation we are. I'm sorry that there are people elsewhere like that.. but if we focus on others before our own country, what's stopping us from ending up like that? Maybe not in OUR lifetimes (and I'm 26), but I think not focusing on US is what got us into our crappy problem.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
And that is very very sad! (no sarcasm, really)... but look at the state of our country. Part of the many problems we have is, that we take on too much stuff to do. We've overwhelmed ourselves with obligations all over this globe.

Enough is enough. I'm sorry that those people are in the situation we are. I'm sorry that there are people elsewhere like that.. but if we focus on others before our own country, what's stopping us from ending up like that? Maybe not in OUR lifetimes (and I'm 26), but I think not focusing on US is what got us into our crappy problem.
the money we spend warring would go along way to not only help out our own people but it would also give us the ability to do more humanitarian work which would help with our image. you are right we spend way too much time in other country's business, most of the time it is in a military action and the people don't want us there to start with. get out of the wars, the billions of dollars we spend could be spent better elsewhere. africa is a great example of where it would do more good.

how much money time and lives lost have we spent in Afghanistan and they still can't take over their own security. the money, time and effort would be better spent on rice and vaccines

Old 08-09-2011, 06:34 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to actually know the Constitution before you choose to debate it.

Article 1 Section 8 clearly specifies what expenditures may be made, and foreign aid is not listed anywhere.
Just because you can't find the words "foreign aid" in the text doesn't mean that foreign aid spending is unconstitutional. Congress may constitutionally spend on foreign aid on the basis that it helps provide for a "common defense," provides for the "general welfare of the US," or that foreign aid is "necessary and proper" to achieve a common defense or to provide for the general welfare of the US.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
you wanna turn your back on these children... how American!
we have a history of helping people why wouldn't we help

‪SOMALIA DROUGHT & HUNGER‬‏ - YouTube

Spending money in Somalia is like giving a heart transplant to a death row inmatel. You are wasting resources on someone who is going to die anyway. How about spending the money on a bus ticket and getting these people to MOVE to where there is food and water? Africa is a HUGE continent.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The race card?
add the drops and you get a full bucket. We should end all foreign aid. Why are we borrowing money to give to other countries?
You are seeing things that are not there.
IF you had read any of my posts on this subject, think Israel, you would know I want all aid cut off until we can take care of ourselves, charity begins at home. Once we are back on our feet, and we will get there, we can be very selective with aid, humanitarian aid is the only type I would agree with. So tell me are the Tea Party Republicans or Republicans in general talking about cutting off aid world wide or talking abut cutting of aid to Americans??????? Until either side becomes serious with their cuts I think they are just BSing us all, all I see are both sides wanting to cut what they do not like but not one metion of cutting aid to other nations and getting our military out of areas they have no further business being.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies