Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Trying to backpedal, are we? You stated "the end of 2008", YOUR WORDS, and that's not "yearly average". Sorry, but it's time for you to step up and own your OWN WORDS.
Don't hold your breath....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 12:14 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
Shocking...just shocking!!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
You know, they aren't silly. Not really. It's actually troubling when these lies are stated by commentators, and are spread as facts to the general population. Credibility is not a silly issue.

I agree that things can get overblown, but the internet provides an excellent venue for average Americans to hold political figures and commentators accountable for their actions. And deliberate inaccuracies in order to spin an agenda is an irresponsible action for which they should be held accountable.
I have to doubt that with all the talking that Limbaugh and Hannity do, this one misstatement of fact will not have any effect on anyone in the long run and will not even be remembered next week. The people who don't like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, Beck, Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Romney, Paul, etc. will continue to do so. The people who don't like Obama, Biden, Holder, Reid, Clinton, Pelosi, etc. will continue to do so.

There are no politicians or political pundits--Left, Right, or otherwise--who don't lie and/or spin their points in the direction they want the spin to go. They ALL do it. Harry Truman had it right when he said, ""My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference."

Old 08-18-2011, 12:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Trying to backpedal, are we? You stated "the end of 2008", YOUR WORDS, and that's not "yearly average". Sorry, but it's time for you to step up and own your OWN WORDS.
LOL. This is what I stated..............

"Looks like '08 probably ended around 5.5% or a little higher off the monthly numbers posted."

See I took a quick glance at the MONTHLY numbers and came up with a "year end" percentage off the monthly numbers of around 5.5%. I'm sure it's not exact. If you want to act like a 2yo and spin and twist things around feel free. It just makes your defense of the orator even more sad. Or add em all up and come up with the exact number and pound your chest and post the exact yearly %. That should make you feel better. LOL

Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

"Looks like '08 probably ended around 5.5% or a little higher off the monthly numbers posted."

See I took a quick glance at the MONTHLY numbers and came up with a "year end" percentage off the monthly numbers of around 5.5%. I'm sure it's not exact. If you want to act like a 2yo and spin and twist things around feel free. It just makes your defense of the orator even more sad. Or add em all up and come up with the exact number and pound your chest and post the exact yearly %. That should make you feel better. LOL
Oh the hypocrisy.....

Old 08-18-2011, 12:21 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,890 times
They're Republican shills, so they use the numbers that best suit their agenda. Ed Schultz will bend numbers to fit his agenda as well, after all. They're not lying, they're quoting the yearly average unemployment versus the monthly average.
Attached Thumbnails
Rush Limbaugh fabricated unemployment data to attack Obama-2008-employment-month.png  

Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
One thing he did not fabricate, was Aug all time high Unemployment figures at 408,000 not too good. And they state, going to get much worse. Those are not fabricated.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:27 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Folks don't need some commentator blathering about 5.7% or 7.2% or whatever to KNOW there aint no jobs. Their unemployment checks tell em that. This attempt to try and blame Limbaugh for inciting some kind of false claim that the economy is in the tank is a big fail. I suggest try again.
Well, you're certainly flailing valiantly. Limbaugh fabricated unemployment data to attack Obama. True or false?

Hint: you entered this thread saying that was false. It's been demonstrated beyond any doubt that the assertion of the thread was true.

In the real world, the person who defended the true assertion over the person who claimed it was false is the winner. The person who FAILED would be the person who's not even bothering to argue that Limbaugh was honest and accurate. Now you're arguing that Limbaugh's lies were irrelevant. But the thread is about Limbaugh lying, so his lies cannot be irrelevant to the thread.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have to doubt that with all the talking that Limbaugh and Hannity do, this one misstatement of fact will not have any effect on anyone in the long run and will not even be remembered next week. The people who don't like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, Beck, Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Romney, Paul, etc. will continue to do so. The people who don't like Obama, Biden, Holder, Reid, Clinton, Pelosi, etc. will continue to do so.

There are no politicians or political pundits--Left, Right, or otherwise--who don't lie and/or spin their points in the direction they want the spin to go. They ALL do it. Harry Truman had it right when he said, ""My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference."
Your point is well-taken. But I stubbornly assert that the truth does matter, even in politics, and people pointing out lies and falsehoods are not "being silly".

Old 08-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:

"Ended"?

Because in your world "ended" doesn't mean what happened at the end?

Right.....

Backpedaling never advances any argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies