Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
lol...wow... this just shows the nutty right's hatred of education and science.

More specific data is always better than more general data.

Besides that fact, you specifically stated the "end of 2008".
Well one has to get to the "end" of a year for it to be a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 12:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm not flailing at anything. You saying Limbaugh is creating a mass hysteria to claim the enonomy is in the tank is ridiculous. All one has to do is pull their head of of the sand for a few minutes.

I entered this thread saying nothing other than what I perceived the yearly rate to be by taking a quick look at the monthly rates. You continue to argue like a 2yo.
Only I didn't say "Limbaugh is creating a mass hysteria to claim the economy is in the tank." I never brought up hysteria at all. But your response seems a little hysterical. And not in a funny way.

Once again, Limbaugh lied. True or false?

If you need it, the title of the thread is at the top of the page.

And marginalization (you argue like a 2yo) will get you nowhere. I'm immune to ridiculous attacks.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your point is well-taken. But I stubbornly assert that the truth does matter, even in politics, and people pointing out lies and falsehoods are not "being silly".
Then I am not really silly when I point out the lies of Prince Barack? According the libs here just the opposite is true.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I do.....
Thanks. It's too bad that it's edited.. cannot tell the context.... and the "Ed" show? I didn't know anybody watched that one..

But it is funny. One entertainer calling another entertainer a liar, and both will increase their entertainment value.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Then I am not really silly when I point out the lies of Prince Barack? According the libs here just the opposite is true.
What? The orator lies? Say it aint so.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I guess I've reached the point where the whole food fight between Left and Right seems like a Jerry Springer episode. Must be a sign of advancing age. I probably should go back to knitting and watching Judge Judy. Knitting is useful and Judge Judy is sensible.
Please don't. I enjoy your posts.

I don't think that an argument about the media and its credibility is part of the food fight between Left and Right. I think it's an important argument, and always has been an important argument. While many people think that the media in the past was some sort of honorable fourth estate that steadfastly stuck to the truth, we've always had bias in the media, and we've always had rags in the business that didn't care about the truth. But modern technology doesn't just enable misinformation to be broadcast much more widely, I think that to some degree modern technology has helped to create a market for misinformation. And that's why it's important to utilize modern technology to fight misinformation. The truth does matter.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Thanks. It's too bad that it's edited.. cannot tell the context.... and the "Ed" show? I didn't know anybody watched that one..

But it is funny. One entertainer calling another entertainer a liar, and both will increase their entertainment value.
So you didn't hear Limbaugh say. "he inherited an unemployment rate of 5.7 some odd percent"?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Actually, no, you're not being silly when you point out lies by President Obama, or by any lefty you care to name. The truth is important. You know that I fiercely believe that the truth is important, no matter what.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Only I didn't say "Limbaugh is creating a mass hysteria to claim the economy is in the tank." I never brought up hysteria at all. But your response seems a little hysterical. And not in a funny way.

Once again, Limbaugh lied. True or false?

If you need it, the title of the thread is at the top of the page.

And marginalization (you argue like a 2yo) will get you nowhere. I'm immune to ridiculous attacks.
How do I know if he lied? What was he using as his source? The article didn't mention that for some reason. I guess one would have to provide that to say somebody was lying or not or was the source inaccurate?

Salary.com has it at 5.8%

Yearly Unemployment Rates for the last 50 Years

These guys have it at 5.78

Annual Unemployment Rate, Percent

BLS has em at 5.8

Where can I find the unemployment rate for previous years?

I think one should question the "political animal" source for using one month out of the year.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How do I know if he lied? What was he using as his source? The article didn't mention that for some reason. I guess one would have to provide that to say somebody was lying or not or was the source inaccurate?

Salary.com has it at 5.8%

Yearly Unemployment Rates for the last 50 Years

These guys have it at 5.78

Annual Unemployment Rate, Percent

BLS has em at 5.8

Where can I find the unemployment rate for previous years?

I think one should question the "political animal" source for using one month out of the year.
Pssst....we are talking about the unemployment percentage INHERITED BY OBAMA....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies