Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,599,424 times

Advertisements

A-a-are you trying to say that Limbaugh is biased?

That he might just make things up and try to pass it off as true?

NO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 12:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The same democrats who were howling at the moon when Bush was prez about the 5% unemployment rate are now making excuses for the 9+% rate that the great orator has created. It's quite amazing to watch.
It is amazing to watch but kind of entertaining, also. They have learned so well from their leader how to blame someone else for all the ills they have to deal with.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:37 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,784,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...claiming that the president ” inherited … an unemployment rate of 5.7 percent.” .”
Do you have a link to that quote (not a blogger)?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,044,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Well, you're certainly flailing valiantly. Limbaugh fabricated unemployment data to attack Obama. True or false?

Hint: you entered this thread saying that was false. It's been demonstrated beyond any doubt that the assertion of the thread was true.

In the real world, the person who defended the true assertion over the person who claimed it was false is the winner. The person who FAILED would be the person who's not even bothering to argue that Limbaugh was honest and accurate. Now you're arguing that Limbaugh's lies were irrelevant. But the thread is about Limbaugh lying, so his lies cannot be irrelevant to the thread.
I'm not flailing at anything. You saying Limbaugh is creating a mass hysteria to claim the enonomy is in the tank is ridiculous. All one has to do is pull their head of of the sand for a few minutes.

I entered this thread saying nothing other than what I perceived the yearly rate to be by taking a quick look at the monthly rates. You continue to argue like a 2yo.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:39 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,044,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is amazing to watch but kind of entertaining, also. They have learned so well from their leader how to blame someone else for all the ills they have to deal with.
They are just proving my point with their nonsense. I don't know how they can't figure out the difference betwix a monthly and yearly rate. Oh well.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:41 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,228,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your point is well-taken. But I stubbornly assert that the truth does matter, even in politics, and people pointing out lies and falsehoods are not "being silly".
I guess I've reached the point where the whole food fight between Left and Right seems like a Jerry Springer episode. Must be a sign of advancing age. I probably should go back to knitting and watching Judge Judy. Knitting is useful and Judge Judy is sensible.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:44 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,872,162 times
Limpjaw lied? I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:46 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,429,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I stated yearly average in my post nothing more. Do you go back and look at 1972 unemployment and break it down by months? Why not break it down by days? Weeks? Hours? Simple fact is your trying to make excuses for the state this country is in by blaming Limbaugh or Bush. I guess that is the message you have taken from the great orator. Everybody else's fault but his.

lol...wow... this just shows the nutty right's hatred of education and science.

More specific data is always better than more general data.

Besides that fact, you specifically stated the "end of 2008".

Old 08-18-2011, 12:46 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,213,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Do you have a link to that quote (not a blogger)?
I do....watch....

Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have to doubt that with all the talking that Limbaugh and Hannity do, this one misstatement of fact will not have any effect on anyone in the long run and will not even be remembered next week. The people who don't like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, Beck, Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Romney, Paul, etc. will continue to do so. The people who don't like Obama, Biden, Holder, Reid, Clinton, Pelosi, etc. will continue to do so.

There are no politicians or political pundits--Left, Right, or otherwise--who don't lie and/or spin their points in the direction they want the spin to go. They ALL do it. Harry Truman had it right when he said, ""My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference."
But Truman was one of those people who became Democrat politicians although I agree with his words here. Of course, you have seen the libs here howling about Truman using those to terrible bombs with some false numbers to prove how terrible he was. He was one of my favorites among those who have been Presidents in my lifetime although he came out of the Kansas City gangs of the 30s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies