Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Very interesting.

The Nazis had some very smart people working on Genetics, and were 40 years ahead of the rest of the world. They believed that Aryans had a superior intellect and did some experiments on many 'lower' forms of Humans. They were also far ahead of the rest of the world in many other areas of Science.

They also were arrogant, and condescending to whom they viewed as inferior.
Having inferior intelliegence doesn't make one inferior in any other way. But it does distract from being taken seriously in a serious discussion.

Quote:
Just because some one thinks they are smarter does not mean they are smarter. You seem to have trouble with empathy, and morality, and maybe a conscience. I think there is a scientific term for that.
That's precisely how I view the "kill 'em all" sentiments which are not only tolerated but in some cases and on some subjects required as a litmus test of (pseudo)-masculinity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 03:38 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm sure you have an equally impressive explanation for the erection used to penetrate these children.
They get it from the same place rapists get it from.

It's not about lust for most rapists.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:52 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
An analytical view of child sexual abuse does not imply intelligence nor does a vehement hatred of child abusers imply masculinity. Only one person here is saying that this is the case. Verily, I know more females that have a violent hatred of child abusers than I do men. I happen to know, in no uncertain terms, the damage that sexual abusers cause. Like I stated earlier, someone very close and dear to me was victimized by one of these vermin. I have spent decades now trying to help her heal and learn how to trust again. I have not been totally successful either. Thus, the idea of giving these beasts three hits and a cot and allowing them to volunteer themselves to be studied so they can garner better conditions in prison sickens me.
What sickens me worse is the view that these slithering sewer rats are somehow entitled to "understanding" and that somehow they are not responsible for thier actions due to a lack of said understanding.
This disgusting take that self described "intellectuals" prattle on about that advocates that these predators should be coddled in some way so that we might understand what motivates them and thus "help" them.
Having been on the downstream end of their actions I have come to adamantly believe that it is their victims we need to worry about. The predators themselves deserve nothing and should receive less.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
(Sigh) it just flat slays me how some seem to feel that pedophelia deserves some type of high level scientific and phsyciatric scrutiny. It don't!
There is no huge intellectual mystery in this. It equates to calling in a brain surgeon to tell folks that s*** flows downhill. Some creep sexually abuses a child....and we need to sit down and think about it? Only in how we assure he/ she does NOT do so again. And that's pretty damn simple. There is no understanding of the why of this...and even if there were...how does it matter in the end? Our duty in this is to protect our children. We have no obligation to child predators other than to eliminate them.
To the best of my knowledge, with a few exceptions (some of whom are posting on the thread), the only calls for scientific and psychiatric scrutiny are to try to identify potential perpetrators and get them into treatment before they create victims. I find pedophiles repugnant on both a personal and professional level (which is why I don't work with them; I work with victims). But if there are professionals who can find a way to effectively treat a pedophile who hasn't acted yet and that saves even one child from becoming a victim, that seems worth it to me. I have no interest in mollycoddling perpetrators who have already offended.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,055,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Or how about this?

Catholic Culture : Library : Child Molestation by Homosexuals and Heterosexuals

"... a number of studies performed over a period spanning more than half a century — many of which were performed by homosexuals or their sympathizers— have shown that an extremely large percentage of sexually active homosexuals also participate in child sexual molestation."

"This is not "homophobia" or "hatred," this is simple scientific fact."

"In a 1992 study published in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, sex researchers K. Freud and R. I. Watson found that homosexual males are three times more likely than straight men to engage in pedophilia, and that the average pedophile victimizes between 20 and 150 boys before being arrested."

Many more studies are found in this linked article.
You really are amazing. I can't imagine going through my life with this level of obsession in trying to demonize an entire group of people you don't even know and have no interest in ever separating fact vs fiction. I'm sure you'll find any number of studies that give you exactly what you already believe. It's self-fulfilling and selfish on an astronomical level. Grow up.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:03 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
An analytical view of child sexual abuse does not imply intelligence nor does a vehement hatred of child abusers imply masculinity. Only one person here is saying that this is the case. Verily, I know more females that have a violent hatred of child abusers than I do men. I happen to know, in no uncertain terms, the damage that sexual abusers cause. Like I stated earlier, someone very close and dear to me was victimized by one of these vermin. I have spent decades now trying to help her heal and learn how to trust again. I have not been totally successful either. Thus, the idea of giving these beasts three hits and a cot and allowing them to volunteer themselves to be studied so they can garner better conditions in prison sickens me.
What sickens me worse is the view that these slithering sewer rats are somehow entitled to "understanding" and that somehow they are not responsible for thier actions due to a lack of said understanding.
This disgusting take that self described "intellectuals" prattle on about that advocates that these predators should be coddled in some way so that we might understand what motivates them and thus "help" them.
Having been on the downstream end of their actions I have come to adamantly believe that it is their victims we need to worry about. The predators themselves deserve nothing and should receive less.
My life was turned around. I was sexually abused for years on end by men and women. I had PTSD my whole childhood, with years where it would get so severe my psychiatrists wanted to hospitalize me. I am hardly approaching this from a purely intellectual standpoint.

I still think pedophiles are humans that need some level of understanding. Do I think offending is justified? No. But do pedophiles need an option to channel their attractions in a healthy way that does not harm children? Yes. That saves children from becoming victims. Why is that such a sickening viewpoint?

Old 08-27-2011, 05:10 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,204,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
My life was turned around. I was sexually abused for years on end by men and women. I had PTSD my whole childhood, with years where it would get so severe my psychiatrists wanted to hospitalize me. I am hardly approaching this from a purely intellectual standpoint.

I still think pedophiles are humans that need some level of understanding. Do I think offending is justified? No. But do pedophiles need an option to channel their attractions in a healthy way that does not harm children? Yes. That saves children from becoming victims. Why is that such a sickening viewpoint?
Nim, did your parents know about the abuse or find out later? What was their reaction when they finally knew what had happened to you?

Old 08-27-2011, 05:16 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Nim, did your parents know about the abuse or find out later? What was their reaction when they finally knew what had happened to you?
They denied it for years. They finally acknowledged it when I was 19. PM me if you want me to go into it more. I just don't want to go too off-topic.

I know it's hard for a lot of parents and victims because the pain runs so deep. But it's important to remember that pedophiles are human, and most of them aren't child abusers. Wouldn't it benefit everyone in the end if pedophiles were given another option for their sexuality that doesn't involve violating children? Even if that requires compassion?

Old 08-27-2011, 05:40 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

My vehement take on this is my way of channeling my anger. Though I was not the victim my emotions are high from close association with a victim. I cannot see my way to agreeing that there is a "healthy" way for those who find children sexually attractive to channel those urges.
It seems you have a forgiving or at least less emotionally charged coping.skill than I, which I have to admire, but no such skill is in my arsenal.
The things I have gone through alongside my mate because of the actions of a depraved beast only brings anger and hatred to me. Its just the way I am put together. Part of it, I suppose, is a horrible frustration that I was not there to stop the abuse. I could not be, of course, yet that...guilt?...weighs on my mind nevertheless. Frustration, powerless feelings....being unable to physically fight that enemy makes me crazy!
That is what drives my views on this. The poster I am beating this topic about with and I have a history on this subject...and it is him I find sickening. Go back through the post history a bit and that might shed some light on that.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:22 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
To the best of my knowledge, with a few exceptions (some of whom are posting on the thread), the only calls for scientific and psychiatric scrutiny are to try to identify potential perpetrators and get them into treatment before they create victims. I find pedophiles repugnant on both a personal and professional level (which is why I don't work with them; I work with victims). But if there are professionals who can find a way to effectively treat a pedophile who hasn't acted yet and that saves even one child from becoming a victim, that seems worth it to me. I have no interest in mollycoddling perpetrators who have already offended.
Here's what's wrong with what you are saying: you are tacitly acknowledging that there might be ways to treat a pedophile so that he refrains from offending, then saying that your estimate of said person depends on whether he's had the good luck to run across someone with the skills to provide that treatment; if he hasn't, it's his own fault and can be demonized in the usual manner.

That makes even less sense than NV's foaming-at-the-mouth comments; they aren't intelligent, but at least they are consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies