Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 10:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'm a black man and I vote republican. No clue what you are on about.
Well, obviously you're an Uncle Tom-Oreo Cookie-race traitor imbecile. At least according to people who disagree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 10:31 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, obviously you're an Uncle Tom-Oreo Cookie-race traitor imbecile. At least according to people who disagree with you.
lol, It's not racist to think that all blacks should act, think and vote alike; noooooooooooooo not at all.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Riiiiiiight, you keep telling yourself to assuage your liberal guilt. Every single Fortune 500 company has big time diversity programs to increase blacks in the workplace, especially management. Black Americans don't need a policy to help them succeed, they are just as capable as anyone else that has obstacles to overcome.

Regarding welfare, why does anyone "need" it if they are able bodied? I believe that black poor people can become upwardly mobile, just like any other poor person, don't you? The dems believe that poor black people must have the government supply all of their needs, that is racist.
What liberal guilt? I'm black, and have nothing to feel guilty about. Don't make presumptions about my feelings, you come off as quite ignorant.

The big time diversity programs you're talking about are responses to the demands of the civil rights movement and the early affirmative action initiatives. Do you think they would implemented these diversity programs if people hadn't militated in favor of them? The boardrooms of our Fortune 500 companies are still overwhelmingly white, and you're naive if you don't think that prejudices still run deep at the top law firms and financial institutions.

That said, I personally have certain misgivings regarding affirmative action, but I am telling you the reasoning behind it. You don't want to accept it, that's up to you. It seems like you've already made up your mind, since you keep regurgitating the same mindless garbage about the Democrats being racist because they think that poor blacks need welfare, even though welfare legislation is not targeted solely at blacks.

As for why anyone would need welfare, that is a derail well beyond the one we're on already. The fact of the matter is that the Democratic Party has consistently made an effort to reach out to black voters, while the Republican Party has courted voters who, like you, instantly associate welfare with lazy black people who just can't get it together.

GET OVER WELFARE. THAT'S NOT ALL THIS IS ABOUT.

The Republican Party has little time for the poor, and less time for the issue of race. The Democratic Party are hardly better, but they are certainly the lesser of two evils.

P.S. LaTrang - if you can't grasp what I'm saying, don't bother posting. The relationship between race and poverty might be complicated, but my point was fairly straightforward. Welfare is not about race. Welfare is about class.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:42 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
The democrat party keeps black people dependent on the government, that's all they do. If they preached self reliance and the ability to succeed on your own merit, they wouldn't be the democrat party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
What liberal guilt? I'm black, and have nothing to feel guilty about. Don't make presumptions about my feelings, you come off as quite ignorant.

The big time diversity programs you're talking about are responses to the demands of the civil rights movement and the early affirmative action initiatives. Do you think they would implemented these diversity programs if people hadn't militated in favor of them? The boardrooms of our Fortune 500 companies are still overwhelmingly white, and you're naive if you don't think that prejudices still run deep at the top law firms and financial institutions.

That said, I personally have certain misgivings regarding affirmative action, but I am telling you the reasoning behind it. You don't want to accept it, that's up to you. It seems like you've already made up your mind, since you keep regurgitating the same mindless garbage about the Democrats being racist because they think that poor blacks need welfare, even though welfare legislation is not targeted solely at blacks.

As for why anyone would need welfare, that is a derail well beyond the one we're on already. The fact of the matter is that the Democratic Party has consistently made an effort to reach out to black voters, while the Republican Party has courted voters who, like you, instantly associate welfare with lazy black people who just can't get it together.

GET OVER WELFARE. THAT'S NOT ALL THIS IS ABOUT. The fact that

The Republican Party has little time for the poor, and less time for the issue of race. The Democratic Party are hardly better, but they are certainly the lesser of two evils.

P.S. LaTrang - if you can't grasp what I'm saying, don't bother posting. The relationship between race and poverty might be complicated, but my point was fairly straightforward. Welfare is not about race. Welfare is about class.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
No one should be surprised about the presence of black Republicans. America is slowly becoming less racist, and as prejudice declines, class bonds will become stronger than racial bonds. Wealthy blacks will vote Republican in greater and greater numbers.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:45 PM

764 posts, read 597,443 times
After Katrina, how could they? There's this horrible tragedy and all the right wants to talk about is "ZOMG THEY ARE STEALING TVS WHY!?!!1!". Really? Is that what matters right now? Some black guy waddling through waist high water with a TV he's probably going to drop 5 minutes later? It was a clear attempt to take the heat off the Republican led Government who were were doing absolutely nothing and showing little concern...

Old 08-20-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
The democrat party keeps black people dependent on the government, that's all they do. If they preached self reliance and the ability to succeed on your own merit, they wouldn't be the democrat party.
Most black people aren't on welfare. Why do they vote for the Democratic Party? Do you really think that black people only vote Democratic because of what they receive as far as social benefits? Can you not accept that there are other issues that concern black voters that pushes them to vote left instead of right?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I can point to post after post here on C-D, many other forums, on talk radio, and even in this thread where conservatives postulate that black people vote Democratic because either they're too ignorant to know the Democrats are "keeping them on the plantation" (don't know what's really good for them), or (and the most-repeated assertion) that they are hooked on other peoples' money and freebies - i.e. "black people are too lazy and dependent on white people's money that the Democrats keep giving them."

Yes, it's racist. Deal with it.
As a white conservative who doesn't believe racism is as widespread as you and your cohorts want to make it...no, I don't have to deal with it.

Believe what you want, it's only bringing YOU down.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:50 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i agree again with edward

if the GOP made an attempt to get the black vote instead of writing it off, things could be different.

i think the GOP is finally realizing this, as they have been pushing black and minority candidate.

tim scott, allen west, nikki haley, marco rubio are examples.

you have a few, the goal is to open the floodgates and get more.

honestly, i agree with the GOP more then i agree with the dems.

on principal though, i cant vote for a party who isnt interested in me to begin with.

again, that mentality from the GOP is improving, but not enough yet.
Why can't they just campaign toward everyone? Why does any specific population need to be singled out? This is another example of how blacks expect special treatment. Think about it for a second.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:51 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
As a white conservative who doesn't believe racism is as widespread as you and your cohorts want to make it...no, I don't have to deal with it.

Believe what you want, it's only bringing YOU down.
Quote:
This is another example of how blacks expect special treatment. Think about it for a second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies