Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's the article that shows studies about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives:
Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives | Psychology Today
I seriously think people who believe this study. well, their intelligent level is very low!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 01:22 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times
as stated in the OP...

Incidentally, this finding substantiates one of the persistent complaints among conservatives. Conservatives often complain that liberals control the media or the show business or the academia or some other social institutions. The Hypothesis explains why conservatives are correct in their complaints. Liberals do control the media, or the show business, or the academia, among other institutions, because, apart from a few areas in life (such as business) where countervailing circumstances may prevail, liberals control all institutions. They control the institutions because liberals are on average more intelligent than conservatives and thus they are more likely to attain the highest status in any area of (evolutionarily novel) modern life.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's the article that shows studies about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives:
Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives | Psychology Today
I believe Liberals are more evolved than conservatives. Liberals seem to use the highly advanced Neocortex section of their brain more. This part of the brain includes the Frontal Lobe which is responsible for functions such as: reasoning, problem solving, judgement, and impulse control.

On the other hand, conservatives tend to rely on the primitive 'instinct' driven parts of their brain more... almost to the extent that wild animals do. This part of the brain make up the Lymbic System which includes the Amygdala. The Amygdala plays a large role in producing emotions, especially fear. We all know how easily Republicans respond to fear.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I seriously think people who believe this study. well, their intelligent level is very low!
liberals are geniuses.

just ask them.

maybe they need a boost because their policies aren't working, so, voila, an article to confirm their mental superiority.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,022,708 times
Default Most popular Right-Wing online site in the world runs article which declares 'Right-wingers are less intelligent'

Stating the obvious perhaps but according to an article on Mail Online Canadian academics have revealed evidence which declares that in a need to feel reassured that they are not threatened and a sense of order is maintained that right-wing theorists and their followers are less open minded and more restricted in their views as a consequence.

This research has uncovered solid evidence that 'Individuals with lower cognitive abilities may gravitate towards more socially conservative right-wing ideologies that maintain the status quo'. In other words such rigidly adhered to ideology is popular because 'It provides a sense of order'.

Was the Daily Mail trolling its own audience and creating a bit of mischief here? Maybe, but just in case anyone on the left was in danger of feeling smug or superior about this damning and irrefutable proof of conservative inferiority then just take a look at some of the comments below and your preconceptions about right-wing stupidity will be blown away in a flash.

For one right-wing being of supreme intelligence, a commenter named "Hillside" from Sydney the results of this study were too traumatic an insult to bear so he decided to irrevocably wipe the smug smile off the faces of those amused by the notorious right-wing bastion of conservatism's intent on inciting its own audience by boldly proclaiming: "I have an IQ over 200, have six degrees and diplomas and am 'right-wing', as are others I know at this higher level of intelligence." His IQ score is particularly impressive considering the maximum possible score on Mensa's preferred IQ test is 161.

Read more: Right-wingers are less intelligent than left wingers, says controversial study - and conservative politics can lead people to be racist | Mail Online

Last edited by Fear&Whiskey; 02-05-2012 at 05:28 PM..

Old 02-05-2012, 04:48 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Funny when anyone thinks they can generalize to such a point as this. One of the former heads of the GOP party in Hawaii has an IQ above 180. I know him personally.

Ever heard about cryptologists and their typical IQs? One's in my family....he's a diehard conservative.

I won't name them all but 'tween my family and associates, if I am to believe this report then I have to be utterly amazed, no shocked at how we "beat the ods" in such a dramatic way. We're all conservative, and many of us Christians from South Texas.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:52 PM

576 posts, read 586,361 times
Yet you feel the need to be reassured that you are smart because you identify yourself as a "left-winger", I guess?

Old 02-05-2012, 04:55 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Pay no mind to that study. The people tested 30 and 50 years ago were Brits.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:56 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Funny when anyone thinks they can generalize to such a point as this. One of the former heads of the GOP party in Hawaii has an IQ above 180. I know him personally.

Ever heard about cryptologists and their typical IQs? One's in my family....he's a diehard conservative.

I won't name them all but 'tween my family and associates, if I am to believe this report then I have to be utterly amazed, no shocked at how we "beat the ods" in such a dramatic way. We're all conservative, and many of us Christians from South Texas.
Somebody with a high IQ would understand we are talking about "group" IQ levels and not "all" right wingers.

What the heck does you having a right wing, high IQ pal in Hawaii have to do with what we are talking about?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
critical elements of intelligence are wisdom and judgement.
for those who spend what they dont have, create enormous debt, with no intent of ever paying it back, for those who pursue world aggression by force of arms w/o provocation; intelligence is most lacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies