Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Fail...

You are wrong... From your link...

Several cases of acute mercury poisoning from thimerosal-containing products were found in the medical literature with total doses of thimerosal ranging from approximately 3 mg/kg to several hundred mg/kg.

These reports included the administration of immune globulin (gamma globulin) (Matheson et al. 1980) and hepatitis B immune globulin (Lowell et al. 1996), choramphenicol formulated with 1000 times the proper dose of thimerosal as a preservative (Axton 1972), thimerosal ear irrigation in a child with tympanostomy tubes (Rohyans et al. 1994), thimerosal treatment of omphaloceles in infants (Fagan et al. 1977), and a suicide attempt with thimerosal (Pfab et al. 1996).

These studies reported local necrosis, acute hemolysis, disseminated intravascular coagulation, acute renal tubular necrosis, and central nervous system injury including obtundation, coma, and death. (IOM)
Lol, you do understand that 3mg/kg is a massive dose.

The amounts found in a few vaccines is about 1 MICROgram.
So let me repeat for your edification. Trace amounts of mercury pose no risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Fail...

You are wrong... From your link...

Several cases of acute mercury poisoning from thimerosal-containing products were found in the medical literature with total doses of thimerosal ranging from approximately 3 mg/kg to several hundred mg/kg.
changing the goalposts again HC

now its 3M(mega)G/k(kilo) g

when in the cdc thing it was ""less than 3mc(micro)gs ""

Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, you do understand that 3mg/kg is a massive dose.

So let me repeat for your edification. Trace amounts of mercury pose no risk.

Well... Since you seem extremely satisfied with the status quo... You must be really comfortable giving those vaccines to your kids...

Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Never said I was an expert... Just making an observation...
You consider facts spin. You clearly have issues.

Wait for it, he will repeat the same post, call me a shill and declare victory.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Well... Since you seem extremely satisfied with the status quo... You must be really comfortable giving those vaccines to your kids...
As a matter of fact my kid is up to date on all his vaccinations, thank you very much!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Actually, I believe the earthquake was caused by giant gophers tunneling under the bedrock of the east coast.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:54 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you expertise in seismology is as impressive as your expertise in pharmacology.
BWAH HAH HAH HAH.....ok, that was funny.

I'm still waiting for HC's new spin on the aftershocks and where the crater is.

I'm going to guess he will just ignore and then flash up some you-tube link about something unrelated.

Maybe something like "the aftershocks were faked using explosives, you just believe CNN blah blah blah" and then a youtube link abou the Rothchilds.

Ok, I'm bowing out now...starting to feel a little guilty as my relative was bi-polar (until they killed themselves) and I'm starting to feel like a guy sitting in the stands at the special olympics making fun of the contestants.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I'm going to guess he will just ignore and then flash up some you-tube link about something unrelated.

Maybe something like "the aftershocks were faked using explosives, you just believe CNN blah blah blah" and then a youtube link abou the Rothchilds.

Ok, I'm bowing out now...starting to feel a little guilty as my relative was bi-polar (until they killed themselves) and I'm starting to feel like a guy sitting in the stands at the special olympics making fun of the contestants.
I have been dealing with this poster for days on this thread, he makes outlandish statements, he is then corrected. But instead of debating the correction, he reposts the original post as if his question was never answered, truly bizarre.

Additionally he will never answer question that leads to the inevitable conclusion he is wrong. He simply continues to repost his original post.

Finally, he will call you a shill and declare victory.

I agree with you, at times it is borderline cruel. But some people actually believe some of this stuff. I think it may be instructive for them to see who their fellow travelers are.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:02 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Obsession?... You're the one dwelling on it...
I'm not the one that was insisting that the plant was flooded.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:03 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Quote:
I have been dealing with this poster for days on this thread, he makes outlandish statements, he is then corrected. But instead of debating the correction, he reposts the original post as if his question was never answered, truly bizarre.

Additionally he will never answer question that leads to the inevitable conclusion he is wrong. He simply continues to repost his original post.

Finally, he will call you a shill and declare victory.

I agree with you at times it is borderline cruel. But some people actually believe some of this stuff. I think it may be instructive for them to see who their fellow travelers are.

It is cruel making y'all de-flunkers look bad... But at times I feel I have no choice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies