Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times

Advertisements

[quote=JimMe;20842945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
All of the military and intelligence people have praised his decision to make the call. One general said it was a "very gutsy" call on the President's part. That makes me proud today. I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.[/QUOTE

What is gutsy about making the only choice possible? Imagine if he had not ok'd the raid and it later was revealed that we knew where UBL was and Obama failed to act. The ensuing firestorm of criticism would surely have doomed any chance of re-election. As usual this was all about Obama--not the security needs of the country.
I'am with you on that remember Carters failed rescue attempt in Iran the bad economy were the peanut farmers end.

Clinton made several mistakes... by letting OSAMA leave Yemen to go to Afghanistan....should of shot them down....not having drones armed in the beginning...they are now....not killing OSAMA because of a SAUDI prince,collateral damage to others and maybe the tent he was in was a make shift mosque...don't want to interupt afternoon prayers.Bush's screw up was not putting American boots to block OSAMA's departure from Tora Bora relied on Afghan allies...Islamic brothers who lie cheat and kill to help their fellow radical Muslims.

They fought the Russians together they would never turn him over to the infidels. Islamic law says people that are in need or help [the good Samaritian] you are charged to help them no matter who they are like that brave Afghan villager [good Muslim] who took care of a navy seal defied the Taliban to give the infidel to them. To defeat your enemy know his ways because he is doing the same to you.[Radical Islam]

Its our brave men and women in harms way that do our dirty work not the Washington politicans and power brokers who usually cause the messes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
All of the military and intelligence people have praised his decision to make the call. One general said it was a "very gutsy" call on the President's part. That makes me proud today. I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.
I think any president would have made the call. It was the right one to make. This lunatic has been erased from the world, and hopefully is languishing in carboard box with 72 inbred toothless virgins named bubba, muhhamed and whatever.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please remember that we were not officially at war with Osama bin Laden. He was at most an international criminal wanted for mass murder. Executing him without a formal trial, even in absentia, was simply commissioning a murder! Hiring someone to kill another is just the same as killing him yourself.
We also violated a sovereign nation leaving dead bodies on the ground along with our tail rotor

Old 09-12-2011, 07:49 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
This is how Propaganda spreads. Obama didn't order squat. Panetta made the call and actually kept it a secret from Obama until the last minute when Panetta said they were going in. People need to actually get their facts straight.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
"Very Gutsy", when uttered by a military man probably doesn't mean what you think. Generals tend to choose their words carefully and fully understand the concept of plausible deniability.

As I recall, Obama chose the riskiest plan in order to earn political brownie points. Fortunately we only lost one helicopter in that particular "gutsy" move.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:57 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
All of the military and intelligence people have praised his decision to make the call. One general said it was a "very gutsy" call on the President's part. That makes me proud today. I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.
Very risky as well and he is no brighter or braver than Bush was to go after Sadam...and get him. Bush weathered much political fallout from the left and the right, but did what he felt he had to do. I am glad that both the biatches are dead. Now on to happier hunting grounds and I wish Obama well in his pursuit of the bad guys.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It was the only call and any president in the history of the US would have done the same thing.
Not true.

He was in our sights but Bush didn't 'pull the trigger'.

Wonder why?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Any idiot on the street would have done the same. This is really sad if you think about it. Grasping at straws.
Thanks for clarifying the fact that Bush was (and most likely still is) an idiot.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This is how Propaganda spreads. Obama didn't order squat. Panetta made the call and actually kept it a secret from Obama until the last minute when Panetta said they were going in. People need to actually get their facts straight.
any credible links to that statement?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:33 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
any credible links to that statement?
Go find it yourself. It was only on all the talk shows where Panetta was interviewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies