Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Go find it yourself. It was only on all the talk shows where Panetta was interviewed.
Generally, if someone brings up questionable material, it is up to them to provide proof.

I watched an interview with Obama and he related how he came to the decision to strike at OBL.

Your assertion is totally bogus, and just your twisted opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM

764 posts, read 597,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wrong.

He ordered Panetta to find Bin Laden as one of his first foreign policy moves.

Fact.

He chose to send special ops troops in instead of hitting the compound with an airstrike.

Fact.

Bush didn't care about Bin Laden.

Fact.

In eight years, President Bush failed to oversee the capture or killing of Osama Bin Laden.

Fact.

In 2 1/2 years, President Obama oversaw the killing of Osama Bin Laden.

Fact.
Exactly. Bush said what he said, and he meant it. There's no disputing this. He said it. Its UNDENIABLE. Move on, Republicans. The guy is on VIDEO saying these things and you still try this.

It's the same thing with Osama getting taken out. Obama came out and talked about the mission success, at around 11 P.M, and what...14 hours later, Rush Limbaugh is talking about how Obama claimed ALL credit it and it was no one else success, even though he said "We" 95% of the speech, and I the other 5%. The address is DOCUMENTED on TV, it had happened barely even half a day earlier, and Limbaugh's dumbass STILL said that. I just don't get it. Once again, there's no debate, there's no arguing. It indisputable. So Limbaugh is either stupid, or he thinks his audience is stupid and believes they will buy into his bull**** even though he's documented as being totally wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It was the only call and any president in the history of the US would have done the same thing.
BUSH: We are, Richard. Thank you. Thanks for asking the question. They were asking me about somebody's report, well, Special Forces here — Pakistan — if he is in Pakistan, as this person thought he might be, who is asking the question — Pakistan is a sovereign nation. In order for us to send thousands of troops into a sovereign nation, we've got to be invited by the government of Pakistan.

McCain: "Larry, I'm not going to go there and here's why: because Pakistan is a sovereign nation."

Apparently not. Limbaugh, Hannity, etc all claimed Obama was wrong as well. Of course if it failed it would have been all him, and they'd point to how they were right and Obama was wrong, and would create the millionth Conservative false narrative that Obama was incredibly hands on and had EVERYTHING to do with the plan. Same way we had to hear "ZOMG OBAMA LIBYAWAR GET OUT IS FAILURE!!1!", until Gaddafi fell, at which point it was NATOs operation and Obama had nothing to do with anything.

But since it was a success, this never comes up. Once again: documented, and they still try this kind of thing...

Last edited by Lithium; 09-12-2011 at 02:35 PM..

Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Generally, if someone brings up questionable material, it is up to them to provide proof.

I watched an interview with Obama and he related how he came to the decision to strike at OBL.

Your assertion is totally bogus, and just your twisted opinion.
What Valerie Jarrett, and the president, did not know is that Leon Panetta had already initiated a program that reported to him –and only him, involving a covert on the ground attack against the compound.”

White House Insider: Obama Hesitated

Happy???? man you guys on the left are pretty damn clueless about the topics you argue. Read and learn.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:12 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
All of the military and intelligence people have praised his decision to make the call. One general said it was a "very gutsy" call on the President's part. That makes me proud today. I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.
What call? To kill bin Laden? That's been the mission ever since 9/11 identified him. We simply couldn't FIND him.

And frankly, it makes ZERO sense that bin Laden's body would be dumped in the ocean immediately, preventing any independent verification of identity. The only way they would do this, would be if they got proof that bin Laden had died earlier (without our intervention), and for political reasons of course wanted to take credit. They couldn't try it earlier because if they didn't know for sure bin Laden was dead, and it would be embarrassing if he appeared on YouTube subsequently.

And I guess the vast majority of C-D contributors have not served in the military, if they think the President has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with specific operations overseas. He's a figurehead who gets up in front of a camera and takes credit for Seals and other front-line operatives who risk their lives and carry out dangerous missions.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You've been contemplating starting this thread for what? Four months or so?
Liberals run about 4 months behind the rest of us. They are still talking about Obamas wonderful poll numbers..

Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What Valerie Jarrett, and the president, did not know is that Leon Panetta had already initiated a program that reported to him –and only him, involving a covert on the ground attack against the compound.”

White House Insider: Obama Hesitated

Happy???? man you guys on the left are pretty damn clueless about the topics you argue. Read and learn.
Who, exactly, is being interviewed in that article?
It conveniently does not say, unless I missed it.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:46 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
All of the military and intelligence people have praised his decision to make the call. One general said it was a "very gutsy" call on the President's part. That makes me proud today. I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.

So George Bush invades an entire country (Iraq) with a lot of opposition. then escalates the war there in the face of unreal opposition and political pressure to get out but he would be afraid of the political fallout associated with killing Obama?

Really?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So George Bush invades an entire country (Iraq) with a lot of opposition. then escalates the war there in the face of unreal opposition and political pressure to get out but he would be afraid of the political fallout associated with killing Obama?

Really?
The Saudi's are his friends...

Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
The Saudis dont like OBL either

Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
ah yes, since the Saudi's are the friends of the Evil Bush, the Evil Bush would not seek to kill an enemy of the Saudi state.

riiiiight.

I will be honest here. I do believe that GWB would have gone after Bin Ladin.

HOWEVER, if he had done it the way Obama did it, Democrats would be beside themselves calling for GWBs head for invading Pakistan.

They would be making insane noise that GWB had given the CHINESE American secret technology related to the downed blackhawk.

Because Obama is a democrat, the democrats are happy. Republicans are happy because it was the right thing to do...

And that is all you need to know about democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies