Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:56 PM

119 posts, read 150,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
LOL... write off whatever you want... This was a false flag operation to retaliate against Norway for thier anti-world banker stance...
I can't say I find it that funny. I pity you for whatever reason or agenda you have. I've given you every opportunity to bring forth evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 04:01 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
i am more concerned with what happens to the united states when this motion comes up at the UN. the saudis have told us that they do not want us to veto palestine, and obama seems committed to doing just that. they posted an editorial on the changes that might come if he does.:

Veto a State, Lose an Ally

Prince Turki Al-Faisal (Photo: SBRIS)

The United States must support the Palestinian bid for statehood at the United Nations this month or risk losing the little credibility it has in the Arab world. If it does not, American influence will decline further, Israeli security will be undermined and Iran will be empowered, increasing the chances of another war in the region.

Moreover, Saudi Arabia would no longer be able to cooperate with America in the same way it historically has. With most of the Arab world in upheaval, the “special relationship” between Saudi Arabia and the United States would increasingly be seen as toxic by the vast majority of Arabs and Muslims, who demand justice for the Palestinian people.

Saudi leaders would be forced by domestic and regional pressures to adopt a far more independent and assertive foreign policy. Like our recent military support for Bahrain’s monarchy, which America opposed, Saudi Arabia would pursue other policies at odds with those of the United States, including opposing the government of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Iraq and refusing to open an embassy there despite American pressure to do so. The Saudi government might part ways with Washington in Afghanistan and Yemen as well.

The Palestinian people deserve statehood and all that it entails: official recognition, endorsement by international organizations, the ability to deal with Israel on more equal footing and the opportunity to live in peace and security.

it is sobering to think about an altered relationship with our ally, saudi arabia, and the mideast in general.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:10 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Please stop using the internet to spread anti-Semitic garbage. Thank you.
What's anti-semitic?... Expalin yourself specifically...

Old 09-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidee View Post
I can't say I find it that funny. I pity you for whatever reason or agenda you have. I've given you every opportunity to bring forth evidence.
You were already given evidence...

Norway is no longer assisiting in the bailout of Greece...

Norway is going to vote for Palestine statehood...

Norway pulled out of the Libya bombings on Aug 31st...

Old 09-16-2011, 04:51 PM

119 posts, read 150,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
You were already given evidence...

Norway is no longer assisiting in the bailout of Greece...

Norway is going to vote for Palestine statehood...

Norway pulled out of the Libya bombings on Aug 31st...

Ahh.. the cycle is complete. You went back to the original outragous claims which you present as the "evidence". You're delusional. My last post in this matter. Enjoy your world of unsubstantiated paranoia. /tinfoil

Old 09-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidee View Post
Ahh.. the cycle is complete. You went back to the original outragous claims which you present as the "evidence". You're delusional. My last post in this matter. Enjoy your world of unsubstantiated paranoia. /tinfoil
No rebutal eh...

Instead of refuting... I see a poster... Nice...

Old 09-16-2011, 05:54 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
The concerns of the USA take a back seat to Israel for our leaders. So this isn't surprising. At any rate I think kowtowing to these Muslims is the worse alternative so I'm indifferent about this veto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am more concerned with what happens to the united states when this motion comes up at the UN. the saudis have told us that they do not want us to veto palestine, and obama seems committed to doing just that. they posted an editorial on the changes that might come if he does.:

Veto a State, Lose an Ally

Prince Turki Al-Faisal (Photo: SBRIS)

The United States must support the Palestinian bid for statehood at the United Nations this month or risk losing the little credibility it has in the Arab world. If it does not, American influence will decline further, Israeli security will be undermined and Iran will be empowered, increasing the chances of another war in the region.

Moreover, Saudi Arabia would no longer be able to cooperate with America in the same way it historically has. With most of the Arab world in upheaval, the “special relationship” between Saudi Arabia and the United States would increasingly be seen as toxic by the vast majority of Arabs and Muslims, who demand justice for the Palestinian people.

Saudi leaders would be forced by domestic and regional pressures to adopt a far more independent and assertive foreign policy. Like our recent military support for Bahrain’s monarchy, which America opposed, Saudi Arabia would pursue other policies at odds with those of the United States, including opposing the government of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in Iraq and refusing to open an embassy there despite American pressure to do so. The Saudi government might part ways with Washington in Afghanistan and Yemen as well.

The Palestinian people deserve statehood and all that it entails: official recognition, endorsement by international organizations, the ability to deal with Israel on more equal footing and the opportunity to live in peace and security.

it is sobering to think about an altered relationship with our ally, saudi arabia, and the mideast in general.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:55 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Imagine how easy this would all be if the USA wasn't allied in any way to any nation....

Old 09-17-2011, 03:02 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
it certainly drags the US into an uncomfortable position. either

lose the friendship of israel.

lose the friendship of saudi arabia and an important oil/energy connection.

we should have stayed out of it in the first place and now we have a problem. it certainly is likely to affect the price of fuel in this country if saudi arabia turns further away from the US, as they seem to be doing. i think this is what ron paul meant by the consequences of intervention in the foreign policies of other countries.

if anybody wants to read what a mess this is becoming, here is an interesting article:
http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=105103

the last thing americans need right now is higher fuel prices though, and a further shutdown of our economy.

Last edited by floridasandy; 09-17-2011 at 03:11 AM..

Old 09-17-2011, 07:10 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,630 times
If we lose the friendship of Saudi Arabia there is a good chance the U.S.will react as they have through out the world be it Latin America or Middle East with overthrowing the govenment, the U.S. corporations are only friendly towards those that act as puppets.

America's 100 Years of Overthrow
The US is addicted to overthrowing foreign governments -- 14 in the past century -- from Cuba to Chile to Iran.

America's 100 Years of Overthrow | World | AlterNet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies