Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 02:53 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
These views are no more wacko than Al Gores and yours:

Galaxy Formation, Earth Pole Switching and Global Warming - SciForums.com

Galactic Plane Crossing (http://www.survivalcondo.com/documents/galacticplanecrossing.html - broken link)

2012-Galactic Plane-ISM-Cause of Solar System Warming-Ozone depletion
Lol, yes, sounds wacko, but then again, I have not said anything like that. If you want to push unappreciated opinions close to obviously wacko ones in order to discredit the former, you have to be more subtle, else you are just making a fool of yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 02:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yeah, go ahead, you stick with your elves, I stick with common sense...
You don't get it do you. The "elves" is an example of what you are using as common sense. I once believed in elves and santa and all that too. I grew up though.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You don't get it do you. The "elves" is an example of what you are using as common sense. I once believed in elves and santa and all that too. I grew up though.
So, what exactly of what I said makes as little common sense as elves and why?

Old 09-19-2011, 02:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Like I said you don't get it.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Like I said you don't get it.
How could I get what you don't give?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:10 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,204,544 times
Quote:
Lol, yes, sounds wacko, but then again, I have not said anything like that. If you want to push unappreciated opinions close to obviously wacko ones in order to discredit the former, you have to be more subtle, else you are just making a fool of yourself
Lemme put it another way, those observations are just as believable as global warming as put forth by Al Gore and his "scientific experts"...

As you said you believe what you want...

I freely admit I'm a fool, but at least I didn't fall for the global warming scam...

Old 09-19-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Lemme put it another way, those observations are just as believable as global warming as put forth by Al Gore and his "scientific experts"...

As you said you believe what you want...

I freely admit I'm a fool, but at least I didn't fall for the global warming scam...
As far as climate change and global warming is concerned, the majority of experts in that area have not changed their minds yet as far as I know. Why would non-experts in that field doubt what the majority of the experts believe when it comes to their discipline? I don't like Gore, but even he probably based his actions on the prevailing scientific views of that time as he probably has little knowledge of those things himself. I don't find that problematic. What is problematic, though, is that he doesn't practice what he preaches, for instance he has a huge mansion I read somewhere and is not exactly a role model of environmentally friendly behavior

Old 09-19-2011, 06:41 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
As far as climate change and global warming is concerned, the majority of experts in that area have not changed their minds yet as far as I know. Why would non-experts in that field doubt what the majority of the experts believe when it comes to their discipline? I don't like Gore, but even he probably based his actions on the prevailing scientific views of that time as he probably has little knowledge of those things himself. I don't find that problematic. What is problematic, though, is that he doesn't practice what he preaches, for instance he has a huge mansion I read somewhere and is not exactly a role model of environmentally friendly behavior

You are arguing AGW and you don't even know whose work Gore is using to make his claims? /boggle

Old 09-19-2011, 07:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
How could I get what you don't give?
What exactly are you arguing about?

Do you deny the Arctic was melting 70 years ago? And somehow, miraculously, all that ice appeared once again, over the decades, as it's probably done for the last multi-billions of of years.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times
Quote:
To enhance the OP, they say a picture is worth 1,000 words, comparing the ice cap from 01/2000 to 01/2011:

Daily Arctic Sea Ice Maps
Umm. There's less ice in the 2011 image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies