Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
How about you actually read the article?
abandon all hope, my friend

Old 09-30-2011, 06:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
abandon all hope, my friend
Really?

How many of you have read this?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-american.html

Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Gender Identity=/= sexual orientation.

And it's proven that GID can surface in as young as 4 years old.
HOGWASH.

Proven by who? The pro-gay agenda crowd/psychiatrists that would like us to think there is no choice, that homosexuality is completely normal and natural?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
He started this at 8 years old, that is just insane, no kid thinks about this stuff without outside influence, instead of turning him into an It they should investigate why he thinks this in the first place.
That's not true. I was refusing to wear dresses since being adopted and my parents were actually trying to get me to be more girly. If anything they were trying to influence me to be more feminine. But I still am not one for dresses and other girly things. Most parents actually try to influence their children to fit in the gender identity society ascribes to their biological sex. And yet trans children still grow up trans. Obviously influence isn't enough to override the feelings trans children have about who they are.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really?

I actually posted in that thread and what the article says is that scientists cannot make any conclusions right now about the etiology of homosexuality.

Have you read the article and the thread?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Maybe the poor kid, who experienced who knows what in his first two years, just needed to identify with one of his two parents and in this case, the only choice was female.

Very sad. Very, very sad.
How do you explain all the trans children that were raised by heterosexual parents?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:08 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's not just his opinion. It's the opinion of every major medical and psychological organization in the modern world.
And if any major medical or psychological organization in the modern world dared to speak the truth they would get attacked by the rabid pro-gay community. Just look at how relatively small groups like Target or Chik-fil-A have been attacked by the pro-gay community for simple statements that didn't 100% support their perverted agenda. Imagine if the AMA came out and announced that they were reversing their opinion again and labeled homosexuality a mental disorder like they have in the past... like many major medical and psychological organization had in the past. The gay community would literally be looking for blood in the streets... ironically they would act like people with mental disorders.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I actually posted in that thread and what the article says is that scientists cannot make any conclusions right now about the etiology of homosexuality.

Have you read the article and the thread?
Exactly. That's NOT what those who believe in a gay gene and GID have been saying.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Your question wasn't directed towards me, but I will tell you why. The answer in my opinion is that these parents are not mentally stable enough to be parents. I have known WAY too many parents that try to impose their beliefs on their children and try to sculpt, mold and form their children into some walking, living concept that they always wanted to see. It's sick and it is disturbing. I know parents who apply these techniques with their political, social or sexual ideologies in mind.
If you watched the video, you saw that the parents actually said they let Tammy lead the way. They admitted that they don't even know what it's like to be transgender. That's why they let it be Tammy's decision. Their medical decision was the best way to buy Tammy time before she has to make a decision for sure. If anything, they are doing the best thing they can to default the decision to Tammy and to not force their agenda on their child. They are not choose male or female for Tammy--in fact, they are just buying her time so she can make that choice herself. How is that at all an attempt to sculpt or mold their children?

Would you be saying any of this if the parents weren't gay? Gay people have no more an idea what being trans is like than straight people. For all intents and purposes, they could be heterosexual parents and they would still have the same amount of experience with transgender feelings--none. Why is their sexual orientation relevant at all?

Quote:
THAT is why it is lunacy. It seems that it is way too easy to adopt children these days as well. Think about it, if a parent feels so passionate about something (in this example: sexuality and freedom of being able to choose) then more than likely they will inflict these opinions on their children.
As someone who was adopted, one thing I can tell you is that it is not easy to adopt. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops to adopt. You have to go through psychological testing and financial testing and have a home study and so on and so forth. All of this is even harder as same sex parents because many people hold same-sex parents up to a higher standard of sanity than heterosexual parents. In fact, it is much easier for heterosexual parents to pop out a baby than it is for homosexual parents to go through all the steps of adopting or inseminating. Heterosexual parents can have a baby from a one-night stand. Homosexual parents have to do years of planning before they can have a child.

Quote:
It is unhealthy if you ask me. Can you imagine the conversations in the household? The implanting of ideas in this young boy about sexuality? Do we really think that if in a woman-man household that he would want to have a sex change or have "always thought that he was supposed to be a girl?" No, the parents had an effect on him and basically have jacked his brain up with these thoughts.
Did you watch the video? Both mothers said over and over that they let Tammy make that choice. It was all Tammy. They didn't force her any which way. She said herself she was a girl from age three.

Quote:
I see it too much: parents (or so called parents) that are forcing agendas onto little kids. I see it in person amongst associates, I see it in the grocery store and we all see it on reality shows. People who have PSYCHOLOGICAL issues are living VICARIOUSLY through their children and MOLDING them. It is a sad thing because they kids are innocent.
The medical procedure they elected for Tammy is actually the only medical choice that enables Tammy to make her own choice. She will have the choice to either develop as a male or as a female. If the parents were trying to push an agenda, they would have given her a sex change yesterday. But they are leaving the choice up to Tammy and buying her time to make her own choice--in other words, the exact opposite of pushing an agenda.

Quote:
The whole story is just sick and stupid. I'm sorry. I don't have a problem with homosexuality in a way like some people who wish to spit on them or hate them. I DO have people that I know and love who are gay. I can't understand how a little boy would say something as silly as, "I always knew I was meant to be a girl." That was a quote from the article. I mean, are you serious? Do he nor his parents (whatever) not realize that if he was "meant to be a girl" then he would have been BORN a girl? How stupid and ignorant can they be?
Exactly. You can't understand. So stop acting like you know what it's like for this child. You don't know what it's like to be in her shoes. Unless you are trans yourself, you cannot make a wiser decision for her future than she can. She is the one that has to live with herself for life. Her deepest feelings about her gender identity might seem silly to you, but her feelings are just as valid as your feelings about your gender. Do you feel like you are a man or a woman? Why? Do you consider those feelings stupid? Could you wake up tomorrow with the opposite genitalia and be fine? Why or why not?

Quote:
I believe the parents have psychological issues and I'm sure many psychologists or psychiatrists would agree.
What psychological issues do you think the parents have? And on what basis?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really?

I can't recall my talking about homosexuality being inherited or acquired anywhere here, as I'm not remotely interested in that debate, but since you're at it, as the link you've provided says there's no conclusive evidence either way. You can't really say homosexuality (or heterosexuality, for that matter) is a learned or chosen trait, so what's your point?

Why aren't I interested? Because I don't care whether an individual is born or bred hetero/homosexual. Both behaviours are present in many different species and neither of them pose a danger of any kind. Homosexual individuals are perfectly healthy, able to procreate and to live long and fulfilling lives, and only surrounding intolerance can make them feel bad about themselves. Maybe your sense of morality is offended, but that's your problem, not mine or the human species' as a whole. If you ever had homosexual inclinations and chose to repress them (I'm not saying this is the case), it means nothing to me. Whatever floats your boat and guides your existence.

What I do care about is how some people feel they have the right to force their worldview on others, particularly fragile individuals like children, and yet have the guts to tell others that they should never have kids because they would manipulate them. Hah, the nerve!!! And despite the fact that accusations have been rampant here against the lesbian couple brainwashing the child into a gender identity crisis (systematically glossing over the ubiquitous evidence that heterosexual couples have been bringing up children who turned out to be gay or transgendered since forever), all I've seen here is heterosexual guys saying that to prevent a child's potentially homosexual or "confusing" inclinations, the child's mother should be kept at bay, the father given all the prominence and the kid's fears and desires... Who cares about that? So to fight presupposed brainwashing people suggest ye olde patriarchal brainwashing imposed upon any boy, regardless of what each particular boy might really need. Because, as I've said a hundred of times throughout the thread, that environment of traditional patriocentric nucleus has never, ever produced transgendered, homosexual, or much worse, depressed, insecure and forever unhappy children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies