Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The burden of proof should be on the perp when it is the Government.

I think that's why the Constitution was invented.
Correction.

Correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 01:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Why the US and West continue to not attack iran and wipe it from the face of the map I cannot fathom.

Its fake, illegitimate regime has no right to exist, and must be destroyed immediately.

Death to iran and its government, leadership, military and all supporters and those who aid it both in iran and internationally.
Sorry, I'm not buying this assassination story. What could Iran possibly hope to gain by such a provocative act? It smacks of manufactured justification to go after Iran. I still wonder why we went after Libya but not Syria. Oil perhaps? Perish the thought. Even the normally brain-dead main stream media has cocked an eyebrow at this one.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Probably Obama is planning some attack on Iran like he did to Libya, kind of distracts the American people from unemployment and the rising debt and a lot of other problems.
That was exactly Ahmedinajad's response to the story. Now I have to choose between believing that nut job and our own "Fast and Furious" government.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:55 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
AFAIK, Europe spearheaded the effort to after Libya, with the US playing a supporting role. It was already getting favorable oil contracts from Gadhafi, but then the Arab spring happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I still wonder why we went after Libya but not Syria. Oil perhaps? Perish the thought. Even the normally brain-dead main stream media has cocked an eyebrow at this one.
No matter what the Constitution doesn't stop City-Data from removing posts and/or restricting the discussion.

The government cannot throw you in prison for advocating for conspiracy theories about Osama's death.
City-Data can say "that talk is not welcome here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Correction.

Correction.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:34 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
The US needs to stay out of the Middle East and let them fight their own battles. The Saudis have a very powerful military, let them defend themselves. They didn't help out the Sunnis in Iraq after the 2nd gulf war...we have lost enough sons and daughters, let the Mid East fight their own battles. The only thing the US has to gain is more hatred.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
One other thing - the supposed target was a Saudi envoy, right?

Iran has been in a rivalry with Saudi Arabia for a long time. Iran and Saudi represent different Muslim dominations (Saudi is Sunni, Iran is Shia). Also they have different ideas on how oil should be sold.

Also Iraq is now controlled by Shia. And the US just removed Sunni rule from Iraq...

Old 10-12-2011, 07:37 AM

And killing the Saudi Ambassador to the US would accomplish exactly what for Iran?

Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Probably Obama is planning some attack on Iran like he did to Libya, kind of distracts the American people from unemployment and the rising debt and a lot of other problems.
I tend to agree with you and Ahmadinejad, tbh

Old 10-12-2011, 08:22 AM

525 posts, read 899,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
While we are at historical things let me ask you if you know who sent the first "unarmed" troops into Vietanam? Who was the first to escalate that into a real war? Who escalated it even further without knowing what he was doing? Then who failed to clean it up after that second escalator withdrew from the job?

You are so right about fighting now or having to do it later. However, when you say that maybe you ought to take the same attitude for Bush and those two wars that Obama promised to end and hasn't. Lets stop politicizing all these things and try to look at them realistically.
I really don't care about your trivia questions that if I didn't know the answer to I could just look them up on the search engine like you did. Politics are just that politics, unfortunately we got to kick some butt to protect democracy, even if we don't meet our objectives they will know we won't be pushed around. It's kind of like being on the playground as a kid in 5th grade. The bully comes to bully you and if you don't stand up to him you will be his female dog forever, but if you stand tall and don't take no feces than he will have some respect for you. Its no different on the playground of the world, who cares if we are still at war, at least we are practicing in case we need to kick some bigger a@@.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Sorry, I'm not buying this assassination story. What could Iran possibly hope to gain by such a provocative act? It smacks of manufactured justification to go after Iran. I still wonder why we went after Libya but not Syria. Oil perhaps? Perish the thought. Even the normally brain-dead main stream media has cocked an eyebrow at this one.
If you've been paying attention Iran and the US have been in a tit-for-tat game since Gulf II.

You do know we just destroyed a bunch of their nuclear centerfuge equipment with a virus?

They've been backing attacks in Iraq....we retaliated by backing some marketplace car bombings in iran.

Lastly, sometimes regimes just do stupid things and make bad decisions (like the US). Irans current leadership isn't exactly "savy" and has repeatedly made international blunders. On top of that their prez has made a habit of using stunts to try to rally the fundamentalists to support him.

Basically, how is it that when the US screws up it's clearly our incompetance (WMD's) but when something happens to us it is suddenly some sort of masterful plot? (911 etc. etc.) Why aren't there conspiracies that go the OTHER direction like there were WMD's in Iraq but the Russians or Iranians blah blah blah smuggled them out? Or the new Orleans levys were blown up by Iranian spies? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies