Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 01:20 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,988,168 times

Advertisements

It is Jehad, holly war. And we a going non-religious. Good luck all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 01:57 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The footbaths are simply water faucets that are available to any student to use to wash anything. Got a baseball that's fallen in some mud, wash it off. Got some tennis shoes that have gotten dirty, wash them off. Your feet aren't clean, wash them. Your complaint is baseless.

Your fears are baseless.

Sharia Law is taught in American law schools? That's your complaint? Let me spell this out for you, American law school graduates have clients from all over the world, including from Muslim majority countries. Your complaint is similar to someone complaining that Impressionism is being taught in art history classes in the United States. Don't they know Impressionism started in FRANCE???????? American students should only learn about American art, right?

Your fears are baseless.

Sharia law is also taught because AMERICAN citizens who sign contracts together often include unique stipulations that reflect their unique backgrounds and cultures. Some AMERICANS who sign contracts might want their contracts to conform to Sharia law AS WELL AS AMERICAN LAWS, and as AMERICANS they have that right. If I want to make unique stipulations
in my will or trust or in a contract I sign with someone else, I want my lawyer to assure the validity of my contracts by understanding how those unique stipulations have to be expressed, and what stipulations are actually against AMERICAN laws.

Your fears are baseless.

You continually try to cite the rhetoric of Muslim extremists, who for the most part aren't citizens of this country and are ignorant of our legal system, because they desire a global caliphate. So what? Their wishes are pipedreams. They can't make their wishes come true. It's like a child wishing that the moon were cheese. A child's wishes aren't going to come true. But because the child wishes it, your logic requires you to fear that the moon will one day become cheese. A reasonable person understands that wishes aren't something to be feared.

Your fears are baseless.
First off, I've read the book, I know how the story ends, so therefore I am not afraid. With knowledge comes understanding, through understanding a person's fear is removed. However, I'm not so sure about you though in what may be fear driving you. The projection can not be more plain.

So, secondly I will for the sake of this conversation substitute your word fear, with the word argument(s).
Quote:
Sharia Law is taught in American law schools? That's your complaint?
That is my awareness.
Quote:
American students should only learn about American art, right?
Excuse me, I may be wrong here, but is there not a difference between American culture in Art and M Eastern, culture in their laws, that they are to practice in the ME? Also, one may want to listen to the hour long Symposium before one answers. Just a suggestion, mind you.
Quote:
Sharia law AS WELL AS AMERICAN LAWS
This country was founded on one law, this country is not big enough for the both of them. Like in the OP video, this is not Afghanistan..., they can't just bring their laws in here. What is being proposed here by your statement falls along the lines of International law and allowing that law to replace our U.S. Constitution thereby giving up our right to sovereignty. How did Sharia contract help the woman, (remember the inference many posts back) whose husband was beating her? All Islam needs is the one precedence cited in a supreme court...and they're in.
Quote:
You continually try to cite the rhetoric of Muslim extremists, who for the most part aren't citizens of this country and are ignorant of our legal system, because they desire a global caliphate.
First off, they are not ignorant. If they were stupid, they would be breaking our laws, but instead they are utilizing the freedoms found in the U.S. to further their agenda. And we will let them as we must show tolerance, harmony and acceptance. Secondly, those that came here to be free of Islam...they will never be free of Islam and the American people will let them down. (extremist are already showing them this so as to bring them back to Islam they say, see America doesn't care about you)

That is what your posted opinions and those opinions like yours show American Muslims every where support or denial of Sharia is shown.

Foot baths paid for by the tax payers money and it's okay because we can wash off a muddy basket ball with them? Are you really sure about that?

"It's hard to imagine the college researching and paying for special modifications to the college to facilitate Christian rituals. And the "safety" justification? Imagine if a particularly strict group of Christian students found it necessary to sometimes baptize others in the restroom sinks. Would the school build them a baptism basin because a student hit his head on a sink?" Islamic Foot Baths

I see the first amendment is broken, yet still applicable other religions. Don't tell the Islamist they are not allowed a Mosque or separate housing on college campus and don't tell them that they have to pay for it, let them know that the state is more than willing to pick up the bill.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-25-2011 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: are utilizing the freedoms found in the U.S., deleted ps statement

Old 10-25-2011, 02:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
First off, I've read the book, I know how the story ends, so therefore I am not afraid. With knowledge comes understanding, through understanding a person's fear is removed. However, I'm not so sure about you though in what may be fear driving you. The projection can not be more plain.

So, secondly I will for the sake of this conversation substitute your word fear, with the word argument(s).
That is my awareness.
Excuse me, I may be wrong here, but is there not a difference between American culture in Art and M Eastern, culture in their laws, that they are to practice in the ME? Also, one may want to listen to the hour long Symposium before one answers. Just a suggestion, mind you.
This country was founded on one law, this country is not big enough for the both of them. Like in the OP video, this is not Afghanistan..., they can't just bring their laws in here. What is being proposed here by your statement falls along the lines of International law and allowing that law to replace our U.S. Constitution thereby giving up our right to sovereignty. How did Sharia contract help the woman, (remember the inference many posts back) whose husband was beating her? All Islam needs is the one precedence cited in a supreme court...and they're in.
First off, they are not ignorant. If they were stupid, they would be breaking our laws, but instead they are utilizing our freedoms to further their agenda. And we will let them as we must show tolerance, harmony and acceptance. Secondly, those that came here to be free of Islam...they will never be free of Islam and the American people will let them down. (extremist are already showing them this so as to bring them back to Islam they say, see America doesn't care about you)

That is what your posted opinions and those opinions like yours show American Muslims every where support or denial of Sharia is shown.

Foot baths paid for the tax payers money and it's okay because we can wash off a muddy basket ball with them? Are you really sure about that?

"It's hard to imagine the college researching and paying for special modifications to the college to facilitate Christian rituals. And the "safety" justification? Imagine if a particularly strict group of Christian students found it necessary to sometimes baptize others in the restroom sinks. Would the school build them a baptism basin because a student hit his head on a sink?" Islamic Foot Baths

I see the first amendment is broken, yet still applicable other religions. Don't tell the Islamist they are not allowed a Mosque or separate housing on college campus and don't tell them that they have to pay for it, let them know that the state is more than willing to pick up the bill.
Get a clue, bell, Sharia law is based on the Old Testament. Sharia law has a lot in common with American Law. They actually overlap, quite a bit. NO ONE is going to replace the Constitution. The fact that you are afraid of that happening, makes the case for IRRATIONAL FEAR.

Footbaths paid for by the taxpayers money that are for the use of anyone? Yeah, it's okay with me. Just like waterfountains that are for the use of anyone are okay with me. Why, are you against water faucets or something?
Everyone everyone everyone can use the water for whatever they want. How that turns into an abuse (which is what you are arguing---how dare they install a water faucet and drain at foot level-those schools are abusing tax dollars!) is beyond me.

Your arguments beyond that are incoherent. Please elaborate.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Get a clue, bell, Sharia law is based on the Old Testament. Sharia law has a lot in common with American Law. They actually overlap, quite a bit. NO ONE is going to replace the Constitution. The fact that you are afraid of that happening, makes the case for IRRATIONAL FEAR.

Footbaths paid for by the taxpayers money that are for the use of anyone? Yeah, it's okay with me. Just like waterfountains that are for the use of anyone are okay with me. Why, are you against water faucets or something?
Everyone everyone everyone can use the water for whatever they want. How that turns into an abuse (which is what you are arguing---how dare they install a water faucet and drain at foot level-those schools are abusing tax dollars!) is beyond me.

Your arguments beyond that are incoherent. Please elaborate.
The same can be said of yours....Deflecting from the argument using the word fear...not working. It is working, but not in the way you wish it would.

What is the difference between a water faucet foot bath in a state college and a water faucet baptismal? Please elaborate...As the first amendment allows for both. Neither construct is playing favoritism, that is what you are saying, if not, please, elaborate....

We shouldn't even be having a discussion on the admittance of another law into the U.S. That would be like an American citizen going to the ME saying the U.S. law comes with me. It's my culture right to have this law even in your land.

PS: They are not replacing the U.S Constitution as I have pointed out that the 1st Amendment supports them...and it seems as though you have concurred. "It's, just water faucets", not favoritism.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-25-2011 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 10-25-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
The same can be said of yours....Deflecting from the argument using the word fear...not working. It is working, but not in the way you wish it would.

What is the difference between a water faucet foot bath in a state college and a water faucet baptismal? Please elaborate...As the first amendment allows for both. Neither construct is playing favoritism, that is what you are saying, if not, please, elaborate....

We shouldn't even be having a discussion on the admittance of another law into the U.S. That would be like an American citizen going to the ME saying the U.S. law comes with me. It's my culture right to have this law even in your land.

PS: They are not replacing the U.S Constitution as I have pointed out that the 1st Amendment supports them...and it seems as though you have concurred. "It's, just water faucets", not favoritism.
There is no other law being admitted into the United States. Period.

There is only fear that another law is being introduced. That fear is unfounded.

You've demonstrated that amply. Your support for your fear, that law schools are teaching international law courses. That colleges and communities are installing footbaths that everyone can use. I don't even know what you are trying to say about faucet baptismals. You seem to have something against water faucets, but you haven't explained what your issue is.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
There is no other law being admitted into the United States. Period.

There is only fear that another law is being introduced. That fear is unfounded.

You've demonstrated that amply. Your support for your fear, that law schools are teaching international law courses. That colleges and communities are installing footbaths that everyone can use. I don't even know what you are trying to say about faucet baptismals. You seem to have something against water faucets, but you haven't explained what your issue is.
By your own admission, contract, contract it is law based on a contract. However, try a U.S. law based contract in the ME and see how far that will get you.

Also in family law, go back and watch that one hour long...Sharia in America, video of the Law Review to show me where my claims are unsubstantiated. Quotes please would be most helpful. Tell me, what does the speaker say, exactly.... (realize too, that there are several parts to that presentation... one thing is for certain, I am getting a law education here, but I wonder about you, who seems to already just know)

Note: Show where my claims are unsubstantiated by the material I have presented, just saying that they are does not an argument make.

PS: So you are saying that putting a baptismal in a state college is okay..whoosh, I thought there may be a problem with it, good to know that I am wrong...tax payer funded, of course. I'll let others know that construction can begin.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-25-2011 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 10-25-2011, 04:05 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The MUSLIM population of the United States of America is expected to rise to 1.7% of the population in 20 YEARS. You can put your paranoia back in the box until there is a REAL threat.
NEXT!
Just because it has, to this point, conquered only a minority of the population like yourself and other sand-embedded minds made evident in this thread doesn't mean it is not a real threat. It most certainly is....and those of you who fervorishly attempt to wish it away make it bigger - much bigger - than a matter of Muslim population percentage.

In light of the way the left falls all over themselves supporting and defending Islam while attacking Christianity, half their battle..or more..is already won in America.

The second half will bear no resemblance to the first.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
By your own admission, contract, contract it is law based on a contract. However, try a U.S. law based contract in the ME and see how far that will get you.

Also in family law, go back and watch that one hour long...Sharia in America, video of the Law Review to show me where my claims are unsubstantiated. Quotes please would be most helpful. Tell me, what does the speaker say, exactly.... (realize too, that there are several parts to that presentation... one thing is for certain, I am getting a law education here, but I wonder about you, who seems to already just know)

Note: Show where my claims are unsubstantiated by the material I have presented, just saying that they are does not an argument make.

PS: So you are saying that putting a baptismal in a state college is okay..whoosh, I thought there may be a problem with it, good to know that I am wrong...tax payer funded, of course. I'll let others know that construction can begin.
You clearly don't understand the law. A contract in the Middle East will often be in complete compliance with US law.

And there hasn't been a single instance of Sharia law that is not in compliance with American law being implemented in the United States. NOT ONE INSTANCE. And don't give me the shrivel about the restraining order in New Jersey. The judge was overruled, rightfully so, because he ignored the woman's reasonable belief that her husband was a threat, not because he was implementing Sharia.

Your baptismal argument is, frankly, stupid. Footbaths were installed. What are footbaths? Faucets at knee level with drains. Do Christians wash their feet? Do atheists wash their sporting equipment? If the baptismal is just another faucet that everyone can use, then no, there's no problem. If the baptismal is for the exclusive use of Christians, that's a problem. Do you not get it? Everyone can use the faucets at knee level. Everybody. So the faucets aren't religious. They are utilitarian. Now if a Catholic wants to use the faucet to get water for a christening ceremony, it doesn't make the faucet religious. And if a Muslim wants to use the faucet to wash his feet, it doesn't make the faucet religious.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Just because it has, to this point, conquered only a minority of the population like yourself and other sand-embedded minds made evident in this thread doesn't mean it is not a real threat. It most certainly is....and those of you who fervorishly attempt to wish it away make it bigger - much bigger - than a matter of Muslim population percentage.

In light of the way the left falls all over themselves supporting and defending Islam while attacking Christianity, half their battle..or more..is already won in America.

The second half will bear no resemblance to the first.
The left isn't defending Islam. The left is defending the Constitution, and the principles laid out therein.

The fact that sand-embedded minds don't understand that in their rush to FEAR doesn't make it untrue. Remember the poem, "They came for _________, and I stood aside and did nothing"? Well, your attacks on Islam make YOU the one coming. And I refuse to stand aside to let you take away the freedom of religion of American citizens. Who the citizens are doesn't matter. As long as they obey the laws of the United States, laws that are not permitted to promote or impede religion, then I support them. When they break the laws, I support their prosecution. But I surely don't support laws that are targeted just at Islam, anymore than I would have supported the Massachusetts Bay Colony when they hanged Quakers.

I believe in the Constitution. You don't.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Alright then guys.

Let see your evidence of creeping Sharia. Let's see the cases. I've already debunked this whole issue in another thread, I guess I'll just cut and paste it here again.

When I say EVIDENCE I mean EVIDENCE. Some mad mullah's opinion or jihadi's wish list for what they would like to see is not evidence.

DC is correct in point out that much of the basis of your "concern" is what the Islamists want.

Who cares what they want. They can't get it. Therefore basing your fears on their subjective desires is just stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies