Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How do you know you're gay if you're a virgin? My advice would be to get out there and try of piece of poonanny and decide whether or not you like it. (How a man could NOT like it just doesn't make sense, but we'll save that for another discussion.)Then you can try to sort out all the other issues in your brain. First things first.
So why didn't you go and try some guys when you were a virgin to see if you were straight or gay?

"Piece of poonanny"? Seriously? Sounds like you think women are just vaginas to use....

Last edited by Ceist; 10-28-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This is not about marriage, or civil union would confer the rights gays claim to be denied. It's about the progressive agenda of dividing us into special interest groups, while destroying the American culture and tradtions. I won't play a part in that. Civil unions or nothing - this group is only a small percentage of the whole. Gays have become the bullies, they will never be satisfied. They will always play the victim card, because it works for them. They should be thankful to be the U.S., where they can do as they please, live where they please, with whomever they please. Stop pushing!
Gays are the "bullies"? Good grief. Yes...I've seen how anti-gay groups are trying to turn things around to make themselves the "victims" of those terrible gay "bullies" who want equal rights to heterosexuals.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:27 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It is not a moral question - sexuality or breeding is not an evil act - nor is not breeding an evil act - On the other hand I have asked gay men this question...ÃŒf I put you on a desert island with a fine and beautiful woman..and came back in a couple of years...would you have produced a child - most surprisingly say yes..

It just might be that lesbians and gays simply never meet the right person. Or have totally given up on the opposite sex..because of a bad experience or a warped up bringing - Your mother may have been a hag who vacariously turned you into a mutant female (dark humor) -

The word orientation regarding sex is a strange and inaccurate term - In the old days - and mean hundreds of years ago - supposed gay men would do their duty and marry a woman and have children - then lead a pleasure seeking life by having interactions with those of the same sex...NOW we have this thing called `- living a lie` - which is kind of stupid...It is the person that you love - the entity and the spirit within - if it happens to be of the same sex it shouldnot be dictated by modern social engineering that you have sex.

Nothing wrong with loving a person of the same sex - but it may be better to have sex with the opposite sex...again - a supposedly gay male will never find the woman of his dreams if society has set rules in stone that this will never happen. Anything is possible _ As you see - I do not believe that the gay VS straight issue is a real issue...Frankly I don`t believe in afixed orientations regarding human beings- they are more than sexual entities -

Now getting back to your difficulty...carry yourself with dignity - and do not be forced by society to identify yourself with any said group - keep your individuality and freedom at all cost - Let the universe unfold as it should and do not let others dictate your destiny - In the mean time relax and don`t worry that the world - straight and gay has not evolved.

as for the island question the answer is NO. there would be NO children produced. I've never had a smidge of attraction, in fact the opposite sex makes me grossed out. it feels awkward and gross.

You feel that there's only ONE real orientation. YOU are INCORECT. and it is not my 'duty' to have children.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:31 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It is? According to whom? And what gives them the authority to arbitrarily define words for the rest of humanity?
It's been defined that way for over 5000 years. Should I point you to the old testament, Genesis?

mar·riage/ˈmarij/

Noun:
  • The formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.
  • A relationship between married people or the period for which it lasts.

I think since the word/idea has been around much longer than you and I with a set definition, that qualifies it as having been defined.

I also not you didn't quote the rest of my comment,
Quote:
If a man wants to spend their life with another man, or a woman with another woman, fine by me, but let's call it a union, with all the rights and benefits of a marriage.

If it makes you feel better, let's take the government out of the marriage business, and call everything a CIVIL Union.
Too busy getting snippy about one item, and ignoring the rest of my post.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The issue is the word marriage because the word defines the people who get married. I'm not a homosexual. I don't care if you are. I don't care what you and another guy do in private. It's really none of my business, but I don't want the word which describes one of the most important relationship one person can have with another altered.

Consider your word for a moment, "gay". I propose that all sexual deviants be defined as "gay" from now on. Rapist, child molesters, necrophiliacs, and all other perverts are now referred to as simply gay. Perhaps when someone hears that you are gay, you can explain that you are not one of those other gay people and that you are gay in the traditional sense of the word.

Does that work for you?

Leave our word alone.
Is this post supposed to be logical? It isn't.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I know it is hard, but you should stay celibate.
Why? Are you celebate?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I somewhat agree, but it's more than just the word, it's the ramifications and the costs to society, the view of family, what children are taught and exposed to, and obviously religion. We have a Christian here sayin we are "haters'. It's not about hate, it's about preserving something we cherish as very special, marriage. It's about opening a door to polygamy, age limits, and open marriages. Studies have been done that gays don't view marriage in the same light as tradition holds - they typically have no problem including other partners into their relationship. The expectation of monagomy is loose or non-existant. As far as raising children, when gender roles are confused, what kind of message does that send to impressionable children? They will be confused, as well. The consequences are too dear to compromise on marriage, imo.
I won't pretend that gays, lesbians, trannies and bi's are normal, they are not. It's abnormal and not something to be encouraged - nor is it something to be shunned or ridiculed. I don't think being gay should define the person. I would hope they have more than their sexual desires to define their identity.
I view this as a protest, another aspect of our culture to be destoyed by cultural Marxists. They can have civil unions, take it or leave it.
This is what happens when someone spends too much time on "homobigots-r-us" type websites...

Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
What do people think we should do? put yourself in my shoes and tell me what youd do?

If women won't go out with you .... get a dog.
Are you saying this from your own experience?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
...carry yourself with dignity.

No,

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Get off of your computer and get some help.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
Kill Myself.
The sad thing is...that you are probably serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies