Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 02:34 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I do not deny you your right to have that opinion ... but don't denigrate me or other Americans who are pro-choice, because you are exposing your intolerant and bigoted streak.

Hmmm. Bigoted?

These are the people you decide to diminish?

The people that deserve to be snuggled, and loved, and cuddled. NOT KILLED.

Thankfully. And admitted by YOU. Killing is BETTER than Living.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 02:40 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Hmmm. Bigoted?

Perhaps YOU need to view an ultrasound.....THAT is not a FETUS!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Perhaps YOU need to view an ultrasound.....THAT is not a FETUS!
Probably because the Eagle Forum got ahold of the local school board, so that poster didn't receive comprehensive sex education. Before Roe v Wade, doctors just performed a D & C, no questions asked. There was no issue of anything as patently ridiculous as letting a mother die rather than have a late-term abortion.
Roe v Wade benefited poor and middle class women; the wealthy simply sent their daughters abroad for a legal abortion. Those who beat their chests about the sanctity of the life of a fetus have undoubtedly never had to deal with an unwanted or dangerous pregnancy...attitudes change when the issue hits home.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times
Quote:
Okay, I get it. You are for abolishing and therefore criminalizing abortion. Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

But ... understand this: legal abortion is the law because the American system of justice, based on the US Constitution demanded it. After countless hours of legal argument, debate, and carefully considered rulings based on the Constitution.

Roe V. Wade was argued before the US Supreme Court in 1971, re-argued in 1972, and the final decision legalizing abortion came about in 1973. Nearly 40 years have passed. Attempts to overturn have failed. It is the law of the land.

What disturbs me is your complete contempt for folks like me that do not share your view. I am a goat? (Not a thinking intelligent human being and a voting tax-paying citizen?) In my opinion, you are just a parrot: repeating some kind of religious dogma about when personhood begins, and the limitations of what a woman has when it comes to pregnancy. I do not deny you your right to have that opinion ... but don't denigrate me or other Americans who are pro-choice, because you are exposing your intolerant and bigoted streak.
Kudos to you for a great post.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:02 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
WTH are you talking about? NO ONE has ever said a woman should be forced to have an abortion. Women are allowed to choose to die rather than abort if that is what they want.... and some do. Women are allowed to give birth to horribly deformed fetuses if that is what they want. Staunch pro-lifers have chosen to give birth to babies without a brain for crying out loud.....just so they can hold it and bond with it.

Seriously, you need to seek counseling.....you are starting to imagine things.
Things sure do fly over your head...

By arbitrarily deciding to restrict women from being able to have an abortion in a certain time period,you are indeed forcing women in that situation to go to dangerous back alley abortionists and to risk death or injury.

Do you understand now...

YOU and those like you want to control when a woman can choose,you are,in effect as bad as those who want to ban abortion outright.

The only difference between you and those who favor an outright ban is a matter of degree.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
You really hate America, don't you?

You despise the American system of justice, the Constitution, and the Supreme Court, don't you?
LOL....

I think it is spelled Ummerika....

Love all the closet xenophobes popping up in this thread.

I despise stupidity,and half assedness....hence despise a lot of the laws in the USA and a lot of Americans who blindly bleat on about ''it's the law,it's the law''....

Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Okay, I get it. You are for abolishing and therefore criminalizing abortion. Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

But ... understand this: legal abortion is the law because the American system of justice, based on the US Constitution demanded it. After countless hours of legal argument, debate, and carefully considered rulings based on the Constitution.

Roe V. Wade was argued before the US Supreme Court in 1971, re-argued in 1972, and the final decision legalizing abortion came about in 1973. Nearly 40 years have passed. Attempts to overturn have failed. It is the law of the land.

What disturbs me is your complete contempt for folks like me that do not share your view. I am a goat? (Not a thinking intelligent human being and a voting tax-paying citizen?) In my opinion, you are just a parrot: repeating some kind of religious dogma about when personhood begins, and the limitations of what a woman has when it comes to pregnancy. I do not deny you your right to have that opinion ... but don't denigrate me or other Americans who are pro-choice, because you are exposing your intolerant and bigoted streak.
Wrong.

Why would I NOT have contempt for those who want to restrict a woman's right just a little....that is worse than those who want an outright ban.

Have some courage and at least want abortion to be the woman's right for the ENTIRE gestation period....

Old 10-27-2011, 04:09 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Hmmm. Bigoted?

I've got pictures too........

If you love babies that much, have as many as you like. Just stay out of other people's business.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How is looking at an utlrasound controlling someone?

What is the worst case scenario of a woman looking at an ultrasound,she doesn't have an abortion?

It seems pro-abortionists don't like the idea of a woman changing her mind.

The entire premise of pro choice is that the woman decides.

Not you.

Not the government.

Not me.

Not Pat Robertson.

It's the woman's pregnancy. It should be her call. No one else's.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The entire premise of pro choice is that the woman decides.

Not you.

Not the government.

Not me.

Not Pat Robertson.

It's the woman's pregnancy. It should be her call. No one else's.
Except in the third trimester.

Then it is the government's business.

Weird huh?
And most of those who are supposedly 'pro-choice' certainly aren't,they just favor banning abortion for three months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies