Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times

Advertisements

Seems to be a subject that comes and goes. Babies on airplanes.

Flying With Little Children? Go to the Back of the Plane - WSJ.com

So in order to try to keep everyone happy, airlines willl attempt to keep families together by putting them together in the back of the plane. This would also put space between them and people who tend to be disturbed by babies and wandering children. But this has caused someone to remark that the airlines are creating "baby ghettos" by putting families in the back of the plane. WTH???? Apparently airlines are also reserving bulk head seats for the handicapped, as it should. Now, if you can't see why handicapped people should have preference over your child that's screwed up. Some airlines have already banned children from first class.

I get that babies fuss during take off and landing, but it's the hours spent in between when kids are all over the place, running up and down the aisle, kicking the seat from behind, pulling on the head rest of the seat in front, while mother/father who has learned to block it all out sleeps through the trip. And, unfortunately, parents don't see it the way other passengers without children see it.

When I travel back to the states (at least once a year) it can be anywhere from 14 to 16 hours depending on where I'm going, and I always travel in business and ask for seats in front. I find that in order for me to travel pretty much undisturbed - I have to pay for that pleasure. If airlines make that a policy, I wouldn't mind saving some money flying economy.

When having this discussion on another forum with mothers they suggest all kinds of things I can PURCHASE so I won't be disturbed. When it's suggested that maybe if they were more mindful of their childrens behavior and how disturbing it is they get insulted. At the end of the day, it's not the children that are a problem, it's the parent(s).

Flying With Little Children? Go to the Back of the Plane - WSJ.com

I found this, and thought I would add a bit of humor to a very touchy situation.

Bill Cosby - "Jeffery" - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
The way kids are raised today those airlines need to put soundproof walls around the back of that plane. Johnny can throw a tantrum with no fear of retribution from Mom or Dad.
The days of the quiet child are long gone.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:24 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The way kids are raised today those airlines need to put soundproof walls around the back of that plane. Johnny can throw a tantrum with no fear of retribution from Mom or Dad.
The days of the quiet child are long gone.
ain't that the truth? wth happened? Parents used to discipline their kids when they acted up. Now the kids can apparently do no wrong. I'm glad that my nieces and nephews are being raised the old fashioned way.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:27 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Yep, no one disciplines their children anymore. @@ @@

Old 11-20-2011, 07:30 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,915 times
Yup. I prefer the good old days when parents could beat their kids until they were bloodied and blue. Kids knew to behave back then.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Yup. I prefer the good old days when parents could beat their kids until they were bloodied and blue. Kids knew to behave back then.
Or they ran away, became orphans, hustlers, prostitutes and died from syphilis or something equally glamorous. But hey, as long as kids don't interrupt someone's early bird special at Friendly's its all worth it!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:37 AM

932 posts, read 1,178,473 times
Not a bad idea. I don't see the problem with it?

Old 11-20-2011, 07:43 AM

Can we put smelly people in the back of the plane too? Old people who insist on taking more room than what is theirs? How about incessant talkers? Drunkies?

Old 11-20-2011, 07:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I guess you never witnessed a single slap on the butt and a "Behave yourself"...only extreme child abuse.

Always take every issue to the extreme to incite emotion.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:48 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Can we put smelly people in the back of the plane too? Old people who insist on taking more room than what is theirs? How about incessant talkers? Drunkies?
Fat people too. Lets put them at the back too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies