Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Yup. I prefer the good old days when parents could beat their kids until they were bloodied and blue. Kids knew to behave back then.
Apparantly, you don't know the difference between child abuse and discipline. By the way, it is legal in all 50 states to spank your child as a form of discipline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 09:30 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Please bump this when someone comes up with the list of airlines utilizing this policy. I will offer them my business.
Well, it's not a "policy", just some seat shifting. I don't think putting families in front rows behind bulk heads are a policy either, probably more of a courtesy.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
As I person with young children, it would not bother me in the slightest to be on the back of the plane. My biggest concern when traveling with my children on a plane is that they are going to disturb someone else. It would be fine with me. Even better if they put a play area back there.
I think that a mother that does consider other passengers and oversees their behavior would not have a problem with it. I agree that if there was a "family area" maybe removing a row of seats in the middle to give a bit more space would be a good thing.

A sensible mother. and probably with children who were taught how to behave.

Thank you.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Substitute children for blacks and you people would be screaming in outrage.
Good grief. Why are YOU making it an issue???

Old 11-20-2011, 09:42 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Substitute children for blacks and you people would be screaming in outrage.
Substitute something with something completely unrelated, and your post will look really stupid.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:48 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Fat people too. Lets put them at the back too.
Wouldn't that seriously disrupt the balance of the airplane?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
I don't see any problem in seating families with children together, I'm sure most would prefer it, and close the bathroom isn't a bad idea either because sometimes it's better to know when the bathroom is vacant.

I can't see spanking a 2 year old whose ears are hurting or has become tired of being confined. Airline travel is about as unnatural as it gets. The kids are already being punished plenty going through the airports, having to hurry up and wait, stand in lines, get on a crowded plane, endure the pressure changes. A lot of kids just haven't adapted well enough yet to the sheep like behavior that's required.

Last edited by malamute; 11-20-2011 at 10:37 AM..

Old 11-20-2011, 10:24 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Yup. I prefer the good old days when parents could beat their kids until they were bloodied and blue. Kids knew to behave back then.
I totally agree. We've become so sissified now that you can't even punch a baby in the face in public without some lib mouthing off and threatening to call CPS.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
I just flew on Delta, and i don't know if that's their policy, but there sure were a lot of families in the back. And i did notice that they were making a conscious effort to keep the families together and most of that was done in the back of the plane.

However, that could be because we had a change of planes. We were supposed to be flying on a much smaller plane, but it had maintenance issues, so we boarded a 767 instead and all the seating arrangements had to be redone.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:31 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
ain't that the truth? wth happened? Parents used to discipline their kids when they acted up. Now the kids can apparently do no wrong. I'm glad that my nieces and nephews are being raised the old fashioned way.
Is it the kids can do no wrong or are the parents afraid they will be arrested for child abuse if they are seen spanking their kids in public?

Between the federal and state governments the right to raise a child the way the parents want has been taken away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies