Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:20 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,692,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It also makes sense because they take forever to get off the plane.
I can't rep you again but that's a really good point. A lot have gate checked strollers and they have to get the kids in the strollers or somehow haul everything up the jet bridge to the terminal (kids and strollers) by hand, so it takes quite a bit of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Panic attack or just plain nuts?!?!?! I guess there wasn't any Federal Agents on that flight otherwise they might have accommodated him and shot him. I would have been consumed with fear if I was on that flight. And just to add: what a racist!!!
I think it was just a panic attack -- but children can have them too, or some kind of anxiety. It's not even like car travel where they can look out the window and have some room and even then they'll flip out.

I remember as a kid how we'd take "long" -- 3 hour car trips and we'd be fighting with each other, fighting with the dog or cat, begging our dad to stop and get us ice cream or just let us out for a few minutes.

I'm all for spanking kids but not for a small kid misbehaving on an airplane.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:22 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
You have something to look forward to - an attitude filled with entitlement. So when you become old it won't bother you when young people who have the attitude you have now, gives it back to you. At least you'll be prepared.
Nah. I hope I take after my grandma. Eighty years old and still a nice person with not an ounce of "old person entitlement" in her body. She also doesn't think that her generation was the best generation to ever walk the Earth. She is awesome!

Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
I can't rep you again but that's a really good point. A lot have gate checked strollers and they have to get the kids in the strollers or somehow haul everything up the jet bridge to the terminal (kids and strollers) by hand, so it takes quite a bit of time.
Test shows most efficient way to board a plane - physics-math - 02 September 2011 - New Scientist

3,805 posts, read 6,359,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Nothing worse then the parents who use their "kids" as a means to pre-board the plane. Unless you got like 4 kids under 3, there is no reason for your worthless rear end to pre-board. It's just another excuse for others to game the system to avoid waiting to board like everyone else.

I HATE flying these days.
The way to avoid any of this is to take only a carry-on that will fit under the seat ahead of you. Then sit in the airport until everyone else has boarded, has finished futzing with the overhead compartment and settled into their seat. Now you walk in, straight down the aisle, swing into your seat, put your carry-on under the seat and you're done. No more waiting in the boarding line and behind people who spend 3 minutes trying to stuff their carry-ons into the overhead. Works like a charm.

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
As for the rest of your post, you mean an entire group of people don't act the same way? No! Surely, you jest!
Obviously you think an entire group of people do - old people and their entitlement attitude.

I don't know where you got the "group" comment from my post. You might want to explain that one.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Obviously you think an entire group of people do - old people and their entitlement attitude.

I don't know where you got the "group" comment from my post. You might want to explain that one.
Ah, friend. You don't get my sarcasm! Look at the premise of the thread, my post you originally responded to and my follow up post. Then you should get it.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
What angers me more than fussy children is adults bringing on carry-ons the size of a foot locker.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:27 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Nah. I hope I take after my grandma. Eighty years old and still a nice person with not an ounce of "old person entitlement" in her body. She also doesn't think that her generation was the best generation to ever walk the Earth. She is awesome!
Awesome.

Did it every occur to you that some younger people might think differently of her?? You know, the old lady, blah, blah, blah. Or do you believe that everyone sees her the same way as you do? You know how young people can be when it comes to old people.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Awesome.

Did it every occur to you that some younger people might think differently of her?? You know, the old lady, blah, blah, blah. Or do you believe that everyone sees her the same way as you do? You know how young people can be when it comes to old people.
You are really, really missing my points.

There ARE old people who think they are the Most Special Americans Ever because they had the luck to live 7 or 8 decades. But not all elderly people are like this. My point was, should we treat all elderly the same way because some are *******s? My answer is obviously no. My point was to show the ridiculousness of treating all families the same because some have bad children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies