Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,637,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
No, they wouldn't. If they were willing to do so, there would be no illegals left.

Absolutely...nonsense. LOL so an unemployed homeless carpenter is now to blame bcs he wont take an illegals job ...Visit So Florida. there will NEVER BE A SHORTAGE of illegals. CORPORATIONS want it this way.

Yes in part NAFTA and all previous immigration policies, right and left are now allowing Americans to live in cars with their impoversied families bcs they cant find work.

Very sad commentary on where this country is headed. And your comment adds to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,726,636 times
You're crazy. The unemployment rate is dropping.

You see, with so many people not even looking for work anymore, everyone has less competition for the crappy work that is still available. That brings down the unemployment rate, which is great, because that automatically means that the economy has gotten better. Got it?

♪ So vote for Obama next fall la la la ♪

Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
Wo there. Clinton only signed NAFTA because of a delay by a few months. The president that ceremonially signed it into affect a few months before was actually Bush HW. Planning for NAFTA began under Regan, was finalized and ceremonially signed into being under Bush, and officially signed by Clinton. Globalization is not the fault of one party but of both.
very true. And while divas in Congress are worried about their stock portfolios Americans who had jobs a home and family are now living in the streets...It is beyond disgusting and 2012 elections will be a referendum on what Congress has done to decimate the economy and housing market

Old 12-02-2011, 02:45 PM

638 posts, read 931,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
very true. And while divas in Congress are worried about their stock portfolios Americans who had jobs a home and family are now living in the streets...It is beyond disgusting and 2012 elections will be a referendum on what Congress has done to decimate the economy and housing market
While I agree I wish the problem merely surrounded Congress.. In my opinion the issue is multifaceted and the cure even more faceted. To be honest I think the real root of the issue has more to do with wealth redistribution from the "first world" to what were previously the "third worlds". China, India, Brazil, Mexico, Liberia (and other sub-Saharan nations) are all experiencing growth in their middle classes. Persons that previously barely eeked out a life have now developed a taste for the middle class and all of the associated accoutrement. As such, I believe that we as a nation are beginning to be squeezed by such pressures (competition for resources). As these countries gain wealth, I believe that we will be squeezed even more.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
While I agree I wish the problem merely surrounded Congress.. In my opinion the issue is multifaceted and the cure even more faceted. To be honest I think the real root of the issue has more to do with wealth redistribution from the "first world" to what were previously the "third worlds". China, India, Brazil, Mexico, Liberia (and other sub-Saharan nations) are all experiencing growth in their middle classes. Persons that previously barely eeked out a life have now developed a taste for the middle class and all of the associated accoutrement. As such, I believe that we as a nation are beginning to be squeezed by such pressures (competition for resources). As these countries gain wealth, I believe that we will be squeezed even more.
Granted the economy is global. Job market will never be the same in US and those who think it will havent been to S. Florida. Why hire an educated student with an M.S. to work in law office when an atty can hire a Guatemalan for 8.00 an hour?. I lived through it.

OTO banks and Congress have decimated the housing market, which imo is a separate issue. It was done in collusion, I have heard what phrases Wall Street traders used for govt backed investment trades and housing scams...it aint pretty, but its the truth....

Old 12-02-2011, 05:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,822,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
You're crazy. The unemployment rate is dropping.

You see, with so many people not even looking for work anymore, everyone has less competition for the crappy work that is still available. That brings down the unemployment rate, which is great, because that automatically means that the economy has gotten better. Got it?

♪ So vote for Obama next fall la la la ♪
Rejoice! With the crackdown on illegals, there are more opportunities for waiters, dishwashers and manual laborers - this is good news for laid off professionals looking for work, and also for the job stats, because every new waiter is now a newly 'employed' American. The rich will always need a good restaurant to eat at, service at their 5-star hotels, and service on their Mercedes - plutocratic job servants? Get used to it.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Rejoice! With the crackdown on illegals, there are more opportunities for waiters, dishwashers and manual laborers - this is good news for laid off professionals looking for work, and also for the job stats, because every new waiter is now a newly 'employed' American. The rich will always need a good restaurant to eat at, service at their 5-star hotels, and service on their Mercedes - plutocratic job servants? Get used to it.

sad isnt it. FWIW US will look like Maui in ten years. The richest 1% will remain while the rest after getting their Masters or PhD will move to Asia to get a decent paying job.

Then the 1% will wail...we cant find any help....oh dear...Is whats happening on Maui right now...not even peasants will sweep the floors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies