Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times

Advertisements

"...will America be better??? ummmm what a question to ponder- I think America will get worse as long as the people are divided... "United we stand... "divided we fall..."

Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
MY OPINION IS that whites create and maintain the greatest societies in the world.

So you can guess how I feel about this country being run by non-whites, it won't be a step up.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
MY OPINION IS that whites create and maintain the greatest societies in the world.

So you can guess how I feel about this country being run by non-whites, it won't be a step up.
Well you're welcome to step out. See ya. (well no... actually i won't)

Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Umm,when hispanics become the majority it will still be run by whites.....
You didn't get the memo that 85% of hispanics checked the white box in the last census?

Why? Because they are white.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 PM

142 posts, read 568,064 times
Quote:
Umm,when hispanics become the majority it will still be run by whites.....
You didn't get the memo that 85% of hispanics checked the white box in the last census?

Why? Because they are white.
Only spanish, born in Spain, are considered "white".

You are mistaking "white" - i.e. shade of skin pigment, with caucasian.

People indigenous to Mexico, Central America, South America; and the Caribbean are classified as "latino/hispanic".

A Mexican, classifying themselves as caucasian on a Demographic census isn't correct. Everything you've posted is inaccurate.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,920 times
Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small.

All Africa is black or tawny.

Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so.

And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

I could wish their Numbers were increased.

And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People?

why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red?

But perhaps I am partial to the complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind. Ben Franklin

Old 12-09-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebral_cortex View Post
Only spanish, born in Spain, are considered "white".

You are mistaking "white" - i.e. shade of skin pigment, with caucasian.

People indigenous to Mexico, Central America, South America; and the Caribbean are classified as "latino/hispanic".

A Mexican, classifying themselves as caucasian on a Demographic census isn't correct. Everything you've posted is inaccurate.
Wrong.
Most Carribeans I know who look black check and identify with being black. Most actually speak English. Never heard a Jamaican or Hatian identify as "hispanic".

Mexicans have caucasian ancestry.
Same with Puerto Ricans.

Think Eva Longoria,Jennifer Lopez,Cameron Diaz.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:24 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,920 times
If I posted in this forum what the Founders of this country said...regarding who should immigrate to America I would be banned.

Some of the moderators in this forum are a part of those who the Founders did not want to immigrate to America. It is difficult for some to accept they were not welcome by the Founding Fathers.

They are dead they say..never mind them.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
If I posted in this forum what the Founders of this country said...regarding who should immigrate to America I would be banned.
Be brave.

What I don't undertand is how is it that blacks and whites have history so intertwined,and yet can't get along?

Would it not be better for them to unite,since they do have a common heritage?

Old 12-09-2011, 10:30 PM

393 posts, read 652,689 times
Why not look at all the countries in the world and take the ones who are successful and the ones that are not, then extrapolate the information on who "controls" those countries and you have your answer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies