Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will America be better or worse when whites become a minority?
Better 33 19.64%
Worse 135 80.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 12:38 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

America will look better, that's for sure

Old 12-10-2011, 12:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..that was tongue in cheek desertdetroiter.

As a female engineer in the corporate world I've had numerous doors opened to me so certain people could trumpet diversity and the promotion of minorities from within. I could smell it a mile away because folks more qualified than me were ignored. I turned each and every one of those "opportunities" down. There weren't alot over my 20+ years but they did appear ever now and then and I snubbed my nose at them.

If I couldn't get ahead on my own skill and merit then my rep among my peers would have been shot. That was more important to me than some tickie mark on a diversity chart being shown in some boardroom.
Well, ok.

But i'm taking everything offered to me. If it's because of some stupid "diversity program," i'm still taking it. And i'm taking it because everyone else is "getting theirs" too. I've seen plenty of undeserving people (and yea...a whole LOT of them if not most were white males) climb the ladder and i don't remember them feeling one bit sorry about it.

I do admire your position. If you can afford to take such a position, then i can't blame you. I sure as hell won't be in the mirror when you look in it...you will. So do your thing. I aint mad.

But me...LOL...I can sleep quite well.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:22 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,298,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Agreed. If we can do away with megachurches, jam bands, pleated front khakis, and Thomas Kinkade we'll be alright.
I draw the line on pleated front khakis. The are called Tan Chinos.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,298,142 times
You know how I know all this "America will crumble when whites are a minority" talk is total BS? I live in the 7th largest city in the US and where Hispanics are the majority, a full 61%, to whites at 28%. And you know what? We are doing just fine here. Our government works, crime is relatively low, and our economy is doing better than the nation's. Most of our city and county leadership is hispanic and have proven themselves to be good and competent leaders.

This doesn't fit into your bigoted, racist narrative that only whites can lead and rule a successful democracy, and I for one am glad for that.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:24 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,736,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Nine View Post
Yea, that sounds like a recipe for success, fewer [white] taxpayers and more mobs of violent "youths" and "teens"...
You mean I've been working and paying taxes[black} (as have generations of my family (post slavery before me) and it doesn't count?

Old 12-10-2011, 03:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Agreed. If we can do away with megachurches, jam bands, pleated front khakis, and Thomas Kinkade we'll be alright.
Don't forget the hipsters. They gotta go.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,769,167 times
Worse...
We are looking at a more divided America and more balkinized America.
Many but not all of todays immigrants have no love for this country or its traditions.
Why are white people made to feel horrible if they would like to exist or remain the majority?
No other ethnic group gets the same treatment.double standards pushed by the white guilters.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Default Is America going to change this much

Wonder if this possibly new America, will honor "The Red, White & Blue"........... Celebrate "The 4th of July"............... "Love God, Country and Family Traditions"............. Thank God at "Thanksgiving" and know why Americans celebrate "Christmas".

Or are these things on the list of only White People do these................

Old 12-10-2011, 05:56 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,328,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wow, what a convoluted view of history.
And why is it 'convoluted'?

Is it because it shows other people doing well outside of the European system? (before contact)

Please don't be so selfish....

Allow others to enjoy their own history without the filterization of the European historians...

I mean I don't see Indians trying to tell Europes history or past...

It's just I see a pattern, have for years...and that is all history written by European historians, makes everyone else look 'baaaaad'.....and the Europeans look 'gooooood'.....

Back then, your every day average citizen had a Klan like mentality...

And I'm suppose to trust the accounts and observations made by such a person?
Of course it's going to be filled with self serving bias...

It would be like reading a history book written by Yassar Arafat about Isreal....

Old 12-11-2011, 04:17 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
And why is it 'convoluted'?

Is it because it shows other people doing well outside of the European system? (before contact)

Please don't be so selfish....

Allow others to enjoy their own history without the filterization of the European historians...

I mean I don't see Indians trying to tell Europes history or past...

It's just I see a pattern, have for years...and that is all history written by European historians, makes everyone else look 'baaaaad'.....and the Europeans look 'gooooood'.....

Back then, your every day average citizen had a Klan like mentality...

And I'm suppose to trust the accounts and observations made by such a person?
Of course it's going to be filled with self serving bias...

It would be like reading a history book written by Yassar Arafat about Isreal....
You're a lost cause with a closed mind, if you want to believe the revisionists version of how everything was rosy before whitey came along, you go right ahead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies