Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 09:25 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
General question: Does no one understand anymore that there is a difference between what you are allowed to do (your legal rights) and what you should do (your moral rights)? There are way too many people writing this off by saying "Well, they have the right to donate money to whomever they want, and people have the right to not eat there". Is this really the level of thought they put into it? Like we need anyone's post to remind us it's legal to be anti-gay

Would just like to see people using their brains every now and then, is all. I won't be going to Chick Fil A ever again, unless by some miracle this dude becomes intelligent enough to realize there is no reason to oppose homosexuality or gay rights. But more importantly, I'll remain ready to explain to anyone and everyone just why it isn't right to discriminate against a group of people just because you think they choose to be that way and/or you think it's morally wrong.
You there! Stop making sense! We cannot have that here!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:55 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I agree. Of course, there's always someone who pops up and says, "Nuh uh! Gays can marry people of the opposite sex, just like heterosexuals can!", which is extremely disingenuous. The reality of it is that some people (heterosexuals) can marry anyone they want who is of legal age and no relation, and others (homosexuals) cannot marry anyone they want who is of legal age and no relation. If I decide I like brussel sprouts and nothing else, is it right for me to make it so no one can eat anything but that? I mean hey, we'd all be "equal", right? Except that I'd be the one who made the choice and you'd be the one denied it.

So you agree with certain restrictions on marriage, just not same sex marriage. Talk about disingenuous.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
So I am a bigot because I like chik fil a?

Typical leftie. What does bigotry have to do with liking their chicken nuggets? I will answer for you...nothing!! This is why i am SO sick of, and no longer support, the freaking gay community!!

These yahoos think anyone who disagrees with them are bigots and haters. They lead a pitiful life. They are to be pitied.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Chicken is becoming a false idol for some of the pseudo-Christians out there.
A "false idol"?

I have loved chicken all my life and I'm not pseudo-Christian, black, gay or Jewish at all. I much prefer Popeye's chicken.

So what is a "false idol"? And is Chicken my "false idol"?

Please help me as I would not want to be labeled a bigot by the miniscule minority called "gays" who think they are much more important than they really are.

Do I need to give up chicken?

Old 07-22-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have a gay son and we both eat at CFA regularly. I can respect anyones beliefs even if they are not mine.

Then you must be a bigot according to the gay community... or at least some of the gay idiots on this board. You can't have it both ways. You either agree with them or you are a bigot.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

If someones religion does not believe in this type of relationship, I do understand and respect that belief as long as they can respect my beliefs.

No you don't. Your posts have shown exactly the opposite.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:15 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I applaud Chick-A-Fil for closing on Sunday although if I was the CEO it would be open but they act on what they stand for.

If people want to boycott them then they are free to do so just as I'm free to boycott all the Hollywood movies where these crazy lefty actors are playing in who bashed Bush and and do these crazy charity events for Obama instead of giving half their fortune or pay more to the IRS which everybody is free to do so in the USA if you feel you don't pay enough...but that is not what it is about for them, just to say it in public and being a hypocrite!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:55 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,558 times
Chick Fil A employees are some of the friendliest and passionate I have ever seen in the fast food industry. Additionally that place is kid friendly. Instead of a Happy Meal with a stupid plastic toy, kids get an educational book with their kids meal and the books are great, they love them. Then they have the kids play area too. On top of that its some of the best, healthiest chicken and food you can find for a kid in the fast food arena. Yeah I'll be sure and boycott this place immediately

Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
These yahoos think anyone who disagrees with them are bigots and haters. They lead a pitiful life. They are to be pitied.
They are a very paranoid and childish group for sure, it must be a terrible life to always think everybody is out to get you. i would hate to think i would pass up a good meal because I was paranoid of the owners beliefs.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:16 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
They are a very paranoid and childish group for sure, it must be a terrible life to always think everybody is out to get you. i would hate to think i would pass up a good meal because I was paranoid of the owners beliefs.
They have grown up in a PC world where reality has been turned on its head. They have been told exactly what they shall think and what they shall not think from day one of their lives - it is all they have ever known. So naturally, when they see others dare to deviate from prescribed and demanded thought processes embedded in their young minds, they are aghast.

Yes, as Roadking said, they are to be pitied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies