Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm pretty sure that gay people just want equal rights, and to be left alone.

Homosexuality is natural, it occurs in many species, it has benefits to the gene pool and society as a whole, and is nothing that we should ever discriminate against.

But by definition alone, it is not normal.

But being abnormal isn't a bad thing, or a good thing. Being over six feet tall is abnormal.
If they wanted to left alone, then why did they push for a law which will impose their homosexual lifestyle on children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If they wanted to left alone, then why did they push for a law which will impose their homosexual lifestyle on children?
What law is that? Did they say "all children must be gay"?

No, I've heard of laws that would legalize gay marriage, but that isn't imposing anything, on anyone. State marriage has nothing to do with religion, and homosexuality is only wrong based on religious beliefs.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?

Getting back to the question that was asked---

No, homosexuality is not normal, it is abnormal, in comparison to the number of people in our society, very few do it and if you want to have a child naturally, it can't happen that way.

Is it natural? Depends on where you look to find nature. Animals might do it but does that mean people should do what animals do just because we see them do something? Animals do many things I would not do, nor want to do, (eat their feces and chimps have been seen to eat other chimps they kill in battle.) I don't look to animals for my behavior.
I agree great point.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Procreation is also natural, as it exists in nature. So both homosexuality and heterosexuality are natural. That would be my point. It can't be claimed it's unnatural if it exists in nature without artificial pressure. That's just basic logic 101. We're not talking about morality, merely natural occurrence.

And keep in mind that evolutionarily speaking, only populations need to evolve. Not every single individual/couple within a population needs to. There are numerous theories about the evolutionary reasons for homosexuality existing within nature from increased female fertility, to caretakers for sibling children, to the benefits of male/male social bonding.
Homosexuality increases clutch size (number of eggs per batch) in some species, such as lizards. That has a direct evolutionary benefit in the form of increased reproduction on the population level. Again, maybe two female lizards stimulating each other in the moment doesn't directly lead to an egg, but if she goes off to mate with a male lizard later, she'll have ten times as many babies. That does make a difference.

Homosexuality is either evolutionarily advantageous, or just not disadvantageous enough to be weeded out. Otherwise it wouldn't have lasted so long in our gene pool. Gay people have been around since the beginning of human history, born of straight parents and giving birth to straight children. So obviously whatever causes homosexuality is not maladaptive enough to keep the phenotype from surviving.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
How is teaching children that gay people exist "pushing a lifestyle on them"? Is teaching children that people get married and have kids "pushing a lifestyle on them"? Is teaching children that some people are tall and some are short "pushing tallness/shortness" on them?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?

Getting back to the question that was asked---

No, homosexuality is not normal, it is abnormal, in comparison to the number of people in our society, very few do it and if you want to have a child naturally, it can't happen that way.

Is it natural? Depends on where you look to find nature. Animals might do it but does that mean people should do what animals do just because we see them do something? Animals do many things I would not do, nor want to do, (eat their feces and chimps have been seen to eat other chimps they kill in battle.) I don't look to animals for my behavior.
It is obviously not natural, and the new CA law forces teachers to lie about it, and it forces the children to accept a lie as truth. There is something seriously wrong with this whole picture.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
It is obviously not natural, and the new CA law forces teachers to lie about it, and it forces the children to accept a lie as truth. There is something seriously wrong with this whole picture.
There are gay people walking, breathing, and living on this planet--evidence that homosexuality obviously does exist. And yet acknowledging that is lying? What's your definition of lying?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
How is teaching children that gay people exist "pushing a lifestyle on them"? Is teaching children that people get married and have kids "pushing a lifestyle on them"? Is teaching children that some people are tall and some are short "pushing tallness/shortness" on them?
The law forces the teachers to teach the children that gay sex is natural, which is not accepted as truth by most people as you can plainly see reading this thread. Many parents believe the word of god and consider it an abomination, a sin. I would NEVER allow my child to a school which teaches such things.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
There are gay people walking, breathing, and living on this planet--evidence that homosexuality obviously does exist. And yet acknowledging that is lying? What's your definition of lying?
This has NOTHING to do with acknowledging it exists.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:56 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
The law forces the teachers to teach the children that gay sex is natural, which is not accepted as truth by most people as you can plainly see reading this thread. Many parents believe the word of god and consider it an abomination, a sin. I would NEVER allow my child to a school which teaches such things.
Do you intend to kill your children if they're disobedient, as instructed in the same book that god declared homosexuality an abomination? If not, you're as guilty as gays for violating the word of god and are yourself an abomination.

Gee, I kind of like this "the bible is the inerrant word of god as guided by the holy spirit" line of thinking. Perhaps it will cull the herd of brainwashed humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies