Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:55 AM

421 posts, read 448,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Do you feel that it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural? Teachers, Parents... people with authority over children
By natural, I assume you mean occurring in nature, which is indisputable. Homosexuality is natural. So why not teach the face?

Normal is more complex, what does it refer to? It is, infrequent, like ginger hair.... But un-normal seems to imply bad, which is a moral judgement, which shouldn't be taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 12:56 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I suspect these 'gay friends' are a figment of her imagination.
Either that, or they're "ex-gays" who will say anything to convince themselves & others that being gay is a choice (and/or the result of trauma). You know what I call an ex-gay? I call them non-practicing homosexuals & bisexuals.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:58 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?

Getting back to the question that was asked---

No, homosexuality is not normal, it is abnormal, in comparison to the number of people in our society, very few do it and if you want to have a child naturally, it can't happen that way.

Is it natural? Depends on where you look to find nature. Animals might do it but does that mean people should do what animals do just because we see them do something? Animals do many things I would not do, nor want to do, (eat their feces and chimps have been seen to eat other chimps they kill in battle.) I don't look to animals for my behavior.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I feel it is a decision that should be left up to the parents to teach.
This. Keep in mind this is what I feel...
I'm not sure I could back it up logically..but since I wasn't asked to..it is what it is..

Old 01-02-2012, 02:09 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?

Getting back to the question that was asked---

No, homosexuality is not normal, it is abnormal, in comparison to the number of people in our society, very few do it and if you want to have a child naturally, it can't happen that way.

Is it natural? Depends on where you look to find nature. Animals might do it but does that mean people should do what animals do just because we see them do something? Animals do many things I would not do, nor want to do, (eat their feces and chimps have been seen to eat other chimps they kill in battle.) I don't look to animals for my behavior.

it's not a behavior, it's an orientation and not chosen... there are gay virginis

Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Nothing really wrong with HOMOSEXUALITY,why give kids the wrong impression??

Nowhere in the bible does it say YOU CAN ONLY LOVE CERTAIN PEOPLE!!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Nothing really wrong with HOMOSEXUALITY,why give kids the wrong impression??

Nowhere in the bible does it say YOU CAN ONLY LOVE CERTAIN PEOPLE!!
If by love you mean have sex with yes, it does. However, we live under the Constitution, not the Bible. You may choose to live under the Bible if you wish.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Normal and natural. Natural,most definately, since it occurs in nature.
Normal? Well, normal is ascertained by percentages and homosexuality doesn't meet the norm.However, I'd say there are dozens, if not hundreds, of physical conditions that would fall under that banner due to anomlies of development.
Since this one affects a basic survival method of procreation it is considered more important than left-handedness, for instance.
I absolutely hate okra....just the idea of eating it....or even vizualizing anybody else eating it, makes me gag.Are people that like okra 'bad' or weird or abnormal?Should my aversion affect all those that like okra?
Am I 'normal' or are people that like okra 'normal"? It would take a true per person poll to answer that, wouldn't it?
But nobody really cares about my eating perferences just as nobody should care about someones sexual preferences unless it affects them somehow personally and directly.

But homosexuality it involves the still Puritanical and/or religious ideas surrounding the thoughts of......(shhhhhhhhh)....sex!

You know....the really lucky ones are the bi-sexual. Look how many more choices they have!

A person born with an anomoly ....legless for instance.....won't meet the strict definition of 'normal'. Yet their circumstances are what is normal for them. It is what it is.
(Note:the presumption that propogation of the species is the main purpose in life would be the only factor in whether or not the norm is the preferable state)
Just rambling so I hope this ended up coherent.

The really lucky ones are the bi-sexual. Look how many more choices they have!

Last edited by old_cold; 01-02-2012 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: additional comment

Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What do you mean by "special rights" and "the gay agenda"?
The "gay agenda" is what everyone knows it is. And the incessant, repetitive, and disingenuous asking of this silly question by those who are part of its promotion is one of its cornerstones.

The "gay agenda" is why we see the stark-raving madness revealed in this poll result....a poll result that would have been less than 1% yes prior to the replacement of all other national priorities with just the one....of the embedding, through PC programming with main emphasis on young children, the bizarre social agenda of the fringe left in all citizens.

It's all we do today....and all we've done for 20+ years. And it's why our once great nation has begun to circle the drain in its oblivity to all things that we once understood mattered for our future.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The "gay agenda" is what everyone knows it is. And the incessant, repetitive, and disingenuous asking of this silly question by those who are part of its promotion is one of its cornerstones.

The "gay agenda" is why we see the stark-raving madness revealed in this poll result....a poll result that would have been less than 1% yes prior to the replacement of all other national priorities with just the one....of the embedding, through PC programming with main emphasis on young children, the bizarre social agenda of the fringe left in all citizens.

It's all we do today....and all we've done for 20+ years. And it's why our once great nation has begun to circle the drain in its oblivity to all things that we once understood mattered for our future.
I'm pretty sure that gay people just want equal rights, and to be left alone.

Homosexuality is natural, it occurs in many species, it has benefits to the gene pool and society as a whole, and is nothing that we should ever discriminate against.

But by definition alone, it is not normal.

But being abnormal isn't a bad thing, or a good thing. Being over six feet tall is abnormal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies